United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2011, 12:53 PM
IanStoreyLess

Default Re: FA Youth Cup - 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I'd love to see a similar team to that play against Crawley.
I agree with you, though I guess the most we can hope for is Morrison and Josh King on the bench.

Unread 17-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Coracao

Quote:
The problem is for young strikers it's so hard to make it at United. A shame really. Pogba looked a beast when I seen a clip of him about a year ago. Maybe he will be the strong driving midfielder we're crying out for.

I think Barca prove you don't need to spend much money to become successful. In fact their big money signings aren't usually great. Zlatan didn't do to good and Mascherano can't get in their team ahead of Busquets, who is a local player they had in their youth team, isn't he? The main problem people have with United atm is the lies. We have a huge revenue yet the club are hiding behind lies about not spending money. No one is against giving young players a chance.
That's Big Tunners. Tunnicliffe has probably impressed me more this season than Pogba actually. He seems to get better every time he plays. I remember reading an interview with him about when he had been called up to the England under 16 schoolboys team, and he was 14 at the time. They made him captain in his first game. No surprise when you watch him play.

Unread 17-02-2011, 01:35 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: FA Youth Cup - 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
That's Big Tunners. Tunnicliffe has probably impressed me more this season than Pogba actually. He seems to get better every time he plays. I remember reading an interview with him about when he had been called up to the England under 16 schoolboys team, and he was 14 at the time. They made him captain in his first game. No surprise when you watch him play.
Agree with that. High hopes for him.

Unread 17-02-2011, 02:14 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
I'd love to see a similar team to that play against Crawley.
It'll be interesting to see the side on Saturday.
I don't imagine he'll take too much of a risk - ie; an entire side of Youth & Reserves - but hopefully some of the kids will play..& more importantly play well.

Unread 17-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
It'll be interesting to see the side on Saturday.
I don't imagine he'll take too much of a risk - ie; an entire side of Youth & Reserves - but hopefully some of the kids will play..& more importantly play well.
i dont think any of the "kids" will start tbh, think he will play it a bit safe, play the likes of bebe, obers, gibson, evans, smalling, fabio, rafael, danish keeper, hernandez etc (top of my head and no idea if theyre all fit btw)

Unread 17-02-2011, 02:20 PM
IanStoreyLess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
i dont think any of the "kids" will start tbh, think he will play it a bit safe, play the likes of bebe, obers, gibson, evans, smalling, fabio, rafael, danish keeper, hernandez etc (top of my head and no idea if theyre all fit btw)
I think youre right, it will be lindegaard, rafael, oshea, brown, evans, gibson, anderson, fabio (in midfield), obertan, bebe, hernandez. As i said above, best we can hope for is a couple of kids on the bench.

Unread 17-02-2011, 02:25 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Yep.
Personally I'm sick to death of Gibson & Obertan in particular. They don't deserve another chance imo.

Not sure if Smallers will start with Rio being out for another 10 days or so. Shows how far he's come on really.

Unread 17-02-2011, 02:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yep.
Personally I'm sick to death of Gibson & Obertan in particular. They don't deserve another chance imo.

Not sure if Smallers will start with Rio being out for another 10 days or so.
Shows how far he's come on really.
Probbly gonna have to tbh given our options and I think he'll benefit from playing as much as possible.

Unread 17-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Yep.

Not sure if Smallers will start with Rio being out for another 10 days or so. Shows how far he's come on really.
I'd agree on Gibson now to be honest. It gets to the point where he's played some big games and scored some good goals, but he's far too inconsistent. Playing him against Crawley proves nothing, and he's less likely to put a shift in against a bunch of non leaguers than he is in the premiership.

He's not a kid anymore either. I'd rather see someone like Morrison or Pogba come in, even if its just for a half, because you know it's a step up for them, and they'd be doing everything they could to prove to the boss they can make it.

Unread 17-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Yep.

I imagine it'll be Evans + Brown / O'Shea.

Provided Evans is fit...

Can't see Smallers playing anyway.

Unread 17-02-2011, 02:42 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
He's not a kid anymore either
Indeed.
Isn't he about 34 or something now???

Unread 17-02-2011, 02:49 PM
IanStoreyLess

Quote:
Indeed.
Isn't he about 34 or something now???
Gibson's only eleven months younger than Nani. He (Gibson) will never be good enough.

Unread 17-02-2011, 02:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Gibson is too £#%&!ing slow, of thought and of foot. He's also a lazy @#%&!. He might get less lazy as he gets older but he aint getting quicker.

Unread 17-02-2011, 02:54 PM
dunk

Gibson is only still here to make up the numbers because Hargreaves is dead and the other kids aren't quite ready, he'll be gone in the summer.

Unread 17-02-2011, 02:58 PM
IanStoreyLess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Gibson is only still here to make up the numbers because Hargreaves is dead and the other kids aren't quite ready, he'll be gone in the summer.
Genuinely, I had forgotten all about Hargreaves

Unread 17-02-2011, 02:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanStoreyLess
Genuinely, I had forgotten all about Hargreaves
I think we all should, it's probably for the best.

Unread 17-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
it's incredible that this still doesn't go without saying

Unread 17-02-2011, 03:03 PM
IanStoreyLess

Quote:
I think we all should, it's probably for the best.
Another forgotten hero: Mme Biram Diouf

Unread 17-02-2011, 03:04 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanStoreyLess
Another forgotten hero: Mme Biram Diouf
The French aristocrat's wife?

Unread 17-02-2011, 03:06 PM
IanStoreyLess

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The French aristocrat's wife?
Thats the girl. (I cant be arsed to edit the typo).
Closed Thread