United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 12-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: *official united v city match thread (teams, links and time to get our act together)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
I worry when they are both out there tbf - just because of their age, thought giggsy was a mixed bag.

CM remains a problem

Biggy & Vidic were outstanding for me.

they were ace

Unread 12-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Neo

Default Re: *official united v city match thread (teams, links and time to get our act together)

I thought Giggs was great today.

He was tearing Micah Richards and Yaya Toure new arseholes at times.

Unread 12-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Dueling Banjos

Comment from my mate in Brazil.

Quote:
I've now been barred from a pub in São Paulo because of a "provocative celebration". A very very very small price to pay.

Unread 12-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Nou Camp 99

Unread 12-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nou Camp 99

Unread 12-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Nou Camp 99

more like...

tbhbitter

Unread 12-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

I thought Giggs was fairly poor today, his pass completion rate must have been pretty poor. He did pick up in the second half though.

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I thought Giggs was fairly poor today, his pass completion rate must have been pretty poor. He did pick up in the second half though.
Yeah sure, but who's interested in stats?

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Zorg

Quote:
I thought he had a really mixed game, some really good runs but his passing was atrocious - like Fletcher and O'Shea he repeatedly passed it to no-one at all. Odd.

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I thought he had a really mixed game, some really good runs but his passing was atrocious - like Fletcher and O'Shea he repeatedly passed it to no-one at all. Odd.
Was definitely an off day passing wise. Even scholesy fired a few blanks.

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Chorlton74

tick tock.

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:30 PM
silv

anyone got rooneys goal please???

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Agreed. I think Anderson seeming a little lost in his role cut down options going forward though.

Other than the ball out to Nani we looked long to Rooney too often - I know it led to the first goal, but prior to that we were constantly ceding possession with shite long balls up to Rooney, easily dealt with by Kompany and Lescott.

Giggs crossing was woeful too, aside from one that picked out Fletcher in the first half.

I thought Evra struggled up against Shaun Phillips, which is a tad worrying.

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
anyone got rooneys goal please???

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Agreed. I think Anderson seeming a little lost in his role cut down options going forward though.

Other than the ball out to Nani we looked long to Rooney too often - I know it led to the first goal, but prior to that we were constantly ceding possession with shite long balls up to Rooney, easily dealt with by Kompany and Lescott.

Giggs crossing was woeful too, aside from one that picked out Fletcher in the first half.

I thought Evra struggled up against Shaun Phillips, which is a tad worrying.
I think we should enjoy this season, because a lot of the current squad will be moved on in the summer I think, I reckon it'll be the biggest overhaul in terms of squad members that I've seen anyway.

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:45 PM
silv

thanks mate

im still saying its the best goal ive ever seen

neve ever gooned so hard in my life, still havent got my voice back

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
thanks mate

im still saying its the best goal ive ever seen

neve ever gooned so hard in my life, still havent got my voice back
I think Kikos just beat it for me in goonage stakes

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:53 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
I think Kikos just beat it for me in goonage stakes
nah i was at home for that one, i was in a pub strangely full of bitters tonight...

absolute top goonage. what a goal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/9395787.stm

he aint going nowhere

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Dueling Banjos

Fair play Waz.

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Neo

Quote:
I think we should enjoy this season, because a lot of the current squad will be moved on in the summer I think, I reckon it'll be the biggest overhaul in terms of squad members that I've seen anyway.
Hmmm, I hope so but I'm not sure.

I think if we win the League it will paper over a lot of the clear weaknesses in the squad and not as many people will publicly question the squad's strength.

I think the strikers are pretty much sorted, in defense Smalling looks like he could become a future first-team regular, and I expect Fergie to show faith in Evans. In midfield I can see a couple moving on like Gibson and Obertan, but these will be replaced by the loan lads Wellbeck and Cleverley coming back. I reckon we'll try and persuade Scholes to do another year, and Anderson will be pushed into the first-team more as well.

I just can't see much investment at all. Last season we needed it after ending the season so badly, but it never happened. I can only see a repeat this year. The money just isn't there.