United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-02-2009, 09:36 AM
dunk

Default The signing of Tevez....

Yesterday
Quote:
Manchester United have failed to take up the first option to buy striker Carlos Tevez. (Daily Star)
Today
Quote:
Manchester United are finally ready to sign Carlos Tevez on a permanent basis in a deal worth up to £30m. (Daily Mirror)
They haven't got a £#%&!ing clue have they?

I was wondering if there was a deadline to take up the option at the agreed price, that United are willing to let lapse, then they could offer less money for a player who wants to stay and is out of contract with his owners in October.

Unread 05-02-2009, 09:54 AM
BarryX

think the problems here are that as much as he'd like to stay, his 'owners' can almost certainly get more money for selling him elsewhere, and Carlos himself can almost certainly get more more for playing elsewhere. If the deadline has passed and we now offer less money, I really fear the end of his United days are upon us

Unread 05-02-2009, 09:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

There is a quote from the Daily Star there.:shakehead:

Unread 05-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Whalefish

Have said before all this I want to stay at Utd means £#%&! all at the end of the day. He'll be told where he wants to play and he'll have to live with it. If another club offers more than Utd then that's where he'll be going.

He made his bed years back when his economic rights were handed over to MSI. That said I thought that agreement with MSI expires in December so what happens then - a free agent?

I hope it gets done though, would rather get him signed and then spend the Summer trying to sign a top draw midfielder.

Unread 05-02-2009, 09:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
think the problems here are that as much as he'd like to stay, his 'owners' can almost certainly get more money for selling him elsewhere, and Carlos himself can almost certainly get more more for playing elsewhere. If the deadline has passed and we now offer less money, I really fear the end of his United days are upon us
Not necessarily. At least I wouldn't have thought so. Not a lot of 'flush' clubs about at the minute, and they only have June-October, so 4 months of contract left on him. MSI not in the position of strength they once were.

If he REALLY wants to stay at United, and United know this, they could be manipulating the situation in an attempt to shaft MSI.

Unread 05-02-2009, 09:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Have said before all this I want to stay at Utd means £#%&! all at the end of the day. He'll be told where he wants to play and he'll have to live with it. If another club offers more than Utd then that's where he'll be going.

He made his bed years back when his economic rights were handed over to MSI. That said I thought that agreement with MSI expires in December so what happens then - a free agent?

I hope it gets done though, would rather get him signed and then spend the Summer trying to sign a top draw midfielder.
You and me both

Unread 05-02-2009, 10:02 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
. Not a lot of 'flush' clubs about at the minute,.
I can think of two that would take him straight away. One of them being the richest club in the world, ever (mark 2).

Unread 05-02-2009, 10:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

maybe if he pops off to the Boo Camp we can look around for another striker, perhaps one who runs around like a madman to satisfy the masses AND can finish?

Unread 05-02-2009, 10:09 AM
dunk

Quote:
I can think of two that would take him straight away. One of them being the richest club in the world, ever (mark 2).
I think Tevez would tell them where to stick it. Real Madrid is one thing, but Citeh, no chance. He may get told where he will be playing, but it will have to be at least a fair choice of club.

Unread 05-02-2009, 10:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

According to The Mirror, Fergie met his agent after Everton.

Unread 05-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Tumescent Throb

can MSI force him into a move for one last pay cheque? nobody who hasn't seen their contract can possibly know for sure, but i doubt they would anyway. for all the talk about joorbechethingymsi@#%&!head being this that and the other he still seems to have a genuine working relationship with Tevez to me

good point about united possibly being tempted to play on the MSI contract situation though, although does either party have options for extending the economic rights deal? does either party have options in place for a watered down version? again nobody knows

United want Tevez, i'm certain of it. and his form of late is a good indication of exactly why, especially with it coinciding with Bubber's continued superb blossoming into United's creative heart

Unread 05-02-2009, 10:39 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Not as far fetched as some would think. I believe Jorabchin (sp?) is quite close to City's new owners - I'm sure he was involved in the proposed Kaka transfer.

Unread 05-02-2009, 10:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
can MSI force him into a move for one last pay cheque? nobody who hasn't seen their contract can possibly know for sure, but i doubt they would anyway. for all the talk about joorbechethingymsi@#%&!head being this that and the other he still seems to have a genuine working relationship with Tevez to me

good point about united possibly being tempted to play on the MSI contract situation though, although does either party have options for extending the economic rights deal? does either party have options in place for a watered down version? again nobody knows

United want Tevez, i'm certain of it. and his form of late is a good indication of exactly why, especially with it coinciding with Bubber's continued superb blossoming into United's creative heart

Unread 05-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Tumescent Throb

hmm

so you agree? or disagree?

Unread 05-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Not as far fetched as some would think. I believe Jorabchin (sp?) is quite close to City's new owners - I'm sure he was involved in the proposed Kaka transfer.
It was on the Sanc that Kia was on a flight to Milan. Spotted by a formista, few speculating that it was to do with Tevez going to Inter. Was later confirmed that he was part of Citeh's delegation to sign Kaka.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
hmm

so you agree? or disagree?
I dunno if I agree with the rather flowery wording but in essence I agree fully.

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I was wondering if there was a deadline to take up the option at the agreed price, that United are willing to let lapse, then they could offer less money for a player who wants to stay and is out of contract with his owners in October.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
That said I thought that agreement with MSI expires in December so what happens then - a free agent?
Where's this coming from?

They bought his economic rights; I doubt there's an expiration date on that. If it were the case that he's able to release himself from MSI later this year, I'm sure they would have flogged him at a reduced price by now because no club (with the obvious exception of City) would enter into negotiations to buy him now if they can get him on a free a few months down the line.

Unread 05-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

They bought his economic rights; I doubt there's an expiration date on that. If it were the case that he's able to release himself from MSI later this year, I'm sure they would have flogged him at a reduced price by now because no club (with the obvious exception of City) would enter into negotiations to buy now him if they can get him on a free a few months down the line.
Tbh I have no idea. Perhaps it's a case of it being posted a few times on a forum and thus becoming fact. You know like the £35million (or £40million) Utd supposedly spent on Berbatov.

You're quite right though, no reason for them to hang out for stupid money now if his contract with MSI was to expire. A £#%&!ing joke anyway, problems were always likely getting involved with those folk.

Unread 05-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I dunno if I agree with the rather flowery wording but in essence I agree fully.

prose where i come from is that lad

Unread 05-02-2009, 10:57 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

They bought his economic rights; I doubt there's an expiration date on that. If it were the case that he's able to release himself from MSI later this year, I'm sure they would have flogged him at a reduced price by now because no club (with the obvious exception of City) would enter into negotiations to buy him now if they can get him on a free a few months down the line.
It was reported in the papers a few weeks ago. They locked in on an agreement 2 years ago for silly money. If that agreement is still in place they don't need to rush to sell him. If United decide not to take up the option then they will have to consider selling at a reduced rate, which is, in theory, what United could be stalling for.
Closed Thread