Unread 30-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I thought he'd signed for west ham?
Crystal place 39m ?

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:18 PM
rogieop

Like most.. used to spend £#%&!ing days on champ manager/football manager. would easily sit in on a weekend and watch upwards of 6 to 7 different games.

now unless its united i wont watch it live. If it is united id watch it either a) on the couch and fall asleep at some point or b)in the pub, get absolutely £#%&!ered and not remember the half of it.

If it wasnt for MOTD id barely ever watch another teams games.

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:21 PM
My Name is Keith

Just not remotely interested - just manage to be interested in united because of my long association and enjoy taking the kids and stuff. Beyond that, I couldn't give a £#%&!.

Have watched about a total of 40 mins of the euros - not even watched any of the England matches in full. Have too much to do or simply prioritise other stuff.

Have read people on here watching /digesting every game and have kept my head down. would find it weird to watch a full match that didn't involve United. Have to ask the kids which players we should be wary of at live matches. where does vardy play etc, which one is fabregas?

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Still slightly obsessed with united.....

Wouldn't miss a game.

Don't watch MOTD.

Watch a bit of eredivise and a touch of LA liga. Obsessed with the Euros..

Everton, west brom, Norwich, villa, charlton, Fulham, Newcastle etc..couldn't name 5 players..

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:27 PM
woody78

Watch every United game and a few other premier league games .

Watch Motd on a Sunday morning .

Watched most of the euros .

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Red Al

Watch Sunday supplement to see who ears is abusing via Twitter that day

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:30 PM
Sizlack

Watch all the football I can, I enjoy watching it. Live unscripted drama. Know most of the players coz I boss the kids on ultimate team (iv been banned from playing it due to my huge Moody's when they batter me and take the piss)

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Ethers

I'm exactly the same, glad it's not just me

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:35 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

MOTD ffs

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:36 PM
armchair

watch a bit of spanish football, occasional italian/german game. don't watch lower leagues except for play offs. watched every euro game but 0 copa games (except for goals)

Back in the day we were forced to watch what we were given now we can watch what we want so I mainly watch United and big games.

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Grimson

You can be in touch with modern football and still not know some of the England players.

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Zorg

Sounds like I'm not the only one who sees a player, thinks 'when did he sign for them?', looks it up and goes 'eh? 2009?'

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
You can be in touch with modern football and still not know some of the England players.
If you watch it with the sound down?

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Sounds like I'm not the only one who sees a player, thinks 'when did he sign for them?', looks it up and goes 'eh? 2009?'
Morata went back to real Madrid from juve, having a great euros...

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:45 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
was going to mention google and how none of us bothers remembering stuff any more.

I actually struggled remember the opening england game at first. Great news considering my old man is in a home with dementia right now.

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:45 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
If you watch it with the sound down?
Or if you watch good teams.

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:47 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Morata went back to real Madrid from juve, having a great euros...
good example of people having no memories is everyone going wild for ramos and pedro. False memory syndrome imo. Pedro was the fastest winger ever and ramos was a galactico worth degea plus 20 million

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
was going to mention google and how none of us bothers remembering stuff any more.

I actually struggled remember the opening england game at first. Great news considering my old man is in a home with dementia right now.
Do what I do, if I know I know it I won't Google....push yourself to remember the name, or location etc...

I literally have the worst memory...I struggle with my own children's birthday..

That's why defenders get short shift with me...they don't do anything I remember...back in the 90's defending was an art...

Football should be exciting, it's over hyped so much and drips from every app.

Euros have been good though

Unread 30-06-2016, 09:06 PM
Buck

Club football is too attritional now. Everyone wants to play the same style, target the same players and buzzwords galore infest the game. This is why I was pleased Leicester won the title - they £#%&!ed up the base and did it their way. 1st half of the season Mahrez and Vardy were making up for leaky defence, second half defence was so water-tight even when those two tired they kept winning. Coaching, strategy and motivation. Not extrapolating numbers and seeing what the data says.
Closed Thread