United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Mr_Ed

Got a bit irked he seemed to try harder for England than United during 00-02 but a top, top player.

Unread 02-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Was talking with Bryan Robson after he spoke at a dinner a couple of years ago, and I asked him where he ranked Beckham in the United Hall of Fame.

He said he wouldn't put him up there with the true greats like Charlton, Law and Best, but in his opinion he was a United legend, no question.

Made my night that, Robbo endorsing Becks. Love em both.
Another one of my heroes is Robbo.

I hate this idea that people are either world class or shit. It's the fat loser in front of the real girls thread bitching a beautiful woman's ears are too big or whatever.

Beckham wasn't at that level of greatness but for me, he's on the next but one level down.

Below Matthaus, Platini, Zidane but at the level of a Stoichkov, Weah, Zico etc.

Unread 02-05-2016, 07:00 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Got a bit irked he seemed to try harder for England than United during 00-02 but a top, top player.
I bought into that idea being an impressional youth reading Red Issue

It was clearly a big deal to him to redeem himself in the eyes of the English public but I don't think he ever gave less for United as a result

Unread 02-05-2016, 07:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Preferred Kanchelskis.

As for Beckham, decent player, but it all got too much of a circus in the end. His kids look like @#%&!s, too.
you cannot prefer the one-dimensional trickless pony kanchelskis and expect to be taken seriously. kanchelskis is nearer valencia than beckham.

beckham may not be in the top handful of united players, which is no shame, but he was a great player.

Unread 02-05-2016, 07:20 PM
red in cumbria

Was a tad annoyed with him in the period leading up to his departure from United, but he has redeemed himself since (if that was even needed)

Coming here during that spell at AC Milan

Unread 02-05-2016, 07:20 PM
est.1878

Thumbs up

Watched the treble dvd once with a pen and totted up he had a hand In a 1/3rd of all goals . Phenomenal

That sentence makes me both miss and not miss free time in equal measure

Unread 02-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Zorg

Happy bir- wait, I don't care.

Unread 02-05-2016, 09:53 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Happy bir- wait
Welsh?

Unread 02-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Was in fantastic form before he broke his foot against Deportivo

Unread 03-05-2016, 05:44 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Watched the treble dvd once with a pen and totted up he had a hand In a 1/3rd of all goals . Phenomenal

That sentence makes me both miss and not miss free time in equal measure
This weekend, how to pour stuff....

Unread 03-05-2016, 09:06 AM
andyroo

A not inconsiderable part of the buzz of the treble year was the Ingurland mob seething about Beckham and getting served.
Closed Thread