United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2016, 07:42 PM
Grimson

90s Italia. Seems like yesterday. Remember these guys?

And who could forget 90s Italian grounds:

Unread 18-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No mention of Beppe Signori

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ETZIBbCP_6A

Have to apologise for some truly awful quality video there
Signori got nicked for- believe it or not - match fixing.

Unread 18-01-2016, 08:08 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumps
vieri
fraud

Unread 18-01-2016, 08:15 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
fraud
You're wrong.

Let's leave it there yeah? Don't wanna fall out with you.

Unread 18-01-2016, 08:30 PM
taff

remember the rainstorm at perugia on the last day in 2000? probably the worst weather i've ever seen at a football game.

Unread 18-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
90s Italia. Seems like yesterday. Remember these guys?

Ravanelli there.

The White Haired Footballer they used to call him. Something like that.

Beppe Signori was another bastard

edit: sorry dunk, couldn't be arsed going back one page.

Unread 18-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

was just about to say the same. i used to idolise him when i was a kid - a tremendous finisher.

you have good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Ravanelli there.

The White Haired Footballer they used to call him. Something like that.

Beppe Signori was another bastard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tuJXCGF6GA

edit: sorry dunk, couldn't be arsed going back one page.
was it not 'the white feather'?

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The contrast between him and your average clueless hack "covering" English football was genuinely amazing.
Loved the Saturday show they did. Loafers, no socks, chinos sat outside a cafe with a espresso.

The goal v Verona though.

My Grandad jumping round his living room with his dodgy knees. I miss watching football with him so much even if he was a blue. Thank god my mum married a red though.

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Paul Smith

Quote:

James Richardson made that programme, it's criminal that he wasn't signed up to do something similar to Gazetta for the Prem with Sky after Football Italia was binned.

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:38 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The contrast between him and your average clueless hack "covering" English football was genuinely amazing.
When he tried to be funny he actually was unlike @#%&!s like Shearer who just sound like a #@&%! when they make an "amusing" comment.

He didn't speak a word of Italian when he moved there apparently.
What a guy

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Crumps

Viola e Nero

Weah & Vieri

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:41 PM
puressence

Vialli easily the sexiest frontman innitalian football. Him at sampdoria with Bobby manc Worldclass loved that team the stadium and the kit Worldclass

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Stickman

Remember always watching Lentini and being amazed he cost 13M.

Any game Milan lost was like watching the Bulls lose in their era, mayhem in the stands and headline news.

Those players were unbelievable, it really was the place to be and its a huge shame whats happened over there since. Madrids whole galactico thing doesn't hold a candle to early 90s Milan.

Some Random names:

Ruben Sosa (airplane celebration)
Abel Balbo
Enrio Chiesa
Davide Fontolan

Bebe Signori being the first player I ever saw take a one or two step penalty, ridiculous at the time.

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:44 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Remember always watching Lentini and being amazed he cost 13M.

Any game Milan lost was like watching the Bulls lose in their era, mayhem in the stands and headline news.

Those players were unbelievable, it really was the place to be and its a huge shame whats happened over there since. Madrids whole galactico thing doesn't hold a candle to early 90s Milan.

Some Random names:

Ruben Sosa (airplane celebration)
Abel Balbo
Enrio Chiesa
Davide Fontolan

Bebe Signori being the first player I ever saw take a one or two step penalty, ridiculous at the time.
Was Lentini post car crash? Never recovered from that. Forgot how to play football.

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:47 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Was Lentini post car crash? Never recovered from that. Forgot how to play football.
Think it may have been, seem to remember it got mentioned every game.

He went to World Cup 94 as well and did diddly squat there too.

Darko Pancev
Aron Winter
Marco Branca
Atilio Lombardo

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:51 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Think it may have been, seem to remember it got mentioned every game.

He went to World Cup 94 as well and did diddly squat there too.
Baggio was the one for me.

Just a shame that most nu footy fans or know nowt/very little #@&%!s remember him for missing a penalty when he was injured.

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Baggio was the one for me.

Just a shame that most nu footy fans or know nowt/very little #@&%!s remember him for missing a penalty when he was injured.
Baggio was pretty much the poster boy post 1990 World Cup (if you could forget Gazzas tears). All the kids at school wanted to be him when you were playing football. His mazy run v the Czechs, he was so much cooler to look at than the other players too

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Baggio was pretty much the poster boy post 1990 World Cup (if you could forget Gazzas tears). All the kids at school wanted to be him when you were playing football. His mazy run v the Czechs, he was so much cooler to look at than the other players too
His haircut was straight fro the Avery family album. My first decent boots were the Diadora 10's. Had the Keano Hi Tec's before them. Top leather but they were Hi-Tec and I wasn't playing Squash. Then it was all Tiempo or Speciali until my last pair of Kangaroo leather Mizunos. I miss buying football boots.

Unread 18-01-2016, 11:11 PM
puressence

Remember Cantona being on mnf when it was keys and gray the offing at the mouth how good ac Milan where how the midfield was 4 players almost in a box shape that's how they moved about fantastic show tbh considering those two idiots did it Eric was superb that night .... Massive shout to one of my all time favourites Boban what a £#%&!ing player

Unread 18-01-2016, 11:11 PM
20 times

Daniele Masarro
Closed Thread