United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
2-2 at Arsenal in 2002/03. They were arguably better than us at the time and it was virtually a title decider....don't recall ever being as nervous as I was before that game - ridiculously tense.
That £#%&!ing weird @#%&! elbowing Ole in the face and then had the neck to £#%&!ing cry about getting sent off.

Unread 15-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Coracao

Quote:
2-2 at Arsenal in 2002/03. They were arguably better than us at the time and it was virtually a title decider....don't recall ever being as nervous as I was before that game - ridiculously tense.
Knew we'd win the league after that

Unread 15-01-2016, 07:22 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
There was a period in the 1993/94 season where we just battered everyone who turned up at Old Trafford, it was absolutely wonderful to behold. There was a goal we scored against Swindon I think where Ryan Giggs just blasted past this bloke on the wing like he was standing still, crosses it in for Hughes to Score. £#%&! me.

In terms of maintaining a tempo and keeping relentlessly going for goals, the 9-0 v Ipswich is hard to top, especially considering it was only 3-0 at half time. Then there was the 6-0 v Newcastle in 07/08 at Old Trafford which I believe was 0-0 at half time. Crazy to think of us scoring 6 goals in one half these days.

I still say though, the best team performance at Old Trafford in recent years in terms of sheer excitement, atmosphere and adrenaline pumping awesomeness was the 7-1 against Roma in 2007. And yes I know it wasn't in the premier league but that, along with the 4-0 vs Porto in 1997 remain the benchmark of my time watching United taking into account quality of opposition and occasion. The atmosphere was tangible that night against Porto, it was like United had finally awoken in Europe after 40 years.
Hugged a complete stranger for the first 2 goals. OT was awesome that night.

Didn't bother for 3 and 4.

Unread 15-01-2016, 07:23 PM
puressence

Not sure YouTube has any of the 10 matches under big Ron in 85 that football as good as you will see. Beating city 5 0 was a highlight the Ipswich 9 0 the Roma 7 1

Beating Blackburn 1 0 Eric's header great game his last one before palace match.

Unread 15-01-2016, 07:38 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Can't remember exactly but, what was wrong with Eric's head that night? He had some sort of mark on it

That second game was on a Monday morning for some strange reason. Anyone remember why?
Bank Holiday, Newcastle in the intertoto or some shit?

Unread 15-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yeah, thanks to Arsenal's 2 offside goals.

That 2nd one from Henry was absolutely £#%&!ing ridiculous.

Unread 15-01-2016, 07:42 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Yeah, thanks to Arsenal's 2 offside goals.

That 2nd one from Henry was absolutely £#%&!ing ridiculous.
'kin MILES off.

Tyler was in bits that night

Unread 15-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

What a crap thread making me look through the players we used to have instead of the shite thats been served up for several years now

For what its worth that 3-1 win at norwich is one that sticks out as good a first half of football you will ever see .

Unread 15-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
'kin MILES off.

Tyler was in bits that night
Van Nistelrooy's opener What a goal that was. Went utterly mental.

I was £#%&!ing seething after that Henry goal. Swore the house down infront of my nan and grandad who were shocked.

Unread 15-01-2016, 07:53 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Chin up mucka

Unread 15-01-2016, 08:25 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Hugged a complete stranger for the first 2 goals. OT was awesome that night.

Didn't bother for 3 and 4.
Was that the game Schmeichel made 'that' save? I remember David May scored, but I can't really remember the others.
Porto were a good side back then too. Then again, we were too!

Unread 15-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Spoiled by Nani's 'distasteful' goal

Unread 15-01-2016, 09:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder
Never gonna see performances like this again.
We will. Might have to wait a bit though

Unread 15-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Van Nistelrooy's opener What a goal that was. Went utterly mental.

I was £#%&!ing seething after that Henry goal. Swore the house down infront of my nan and grandad who were shocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrC8gZrHy7w
Love that rvn goal. Blitzed past Campbell and finished so cooly. As Carlos said, ridiculous tension coming into that one. When ruud scored, I really thought we were going to do it.

That season from Ruud was the single best from any United player imo. Certainly from a striker. Absolutely incredibly deadly. By the time it came to that final home game against Charlton, he was just finishing any chance or half chance coming his way. Sensational season. .

Unread 15-01-2016, 09:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
Was that the game Schmeichel made 'that' save? I remember David May scored, but I can't really remember the others.
Porto were a good side back then too. Then again, we were too!
That was in Vienna earlier that campaign wasn't it?

Unread 15-01-2016, 09:29 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

City 4-3 game has to be up there surely?

This was a belter too.

Ferguson FFS, 70 years old and he was kicking every ball during the 2nd half.

Unread 15-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
City 4-3 game has to be up there surely?

This was a belter too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4nTXIK-8ms

Ferguson FFS, 70 years old and he was kicking every ball during the 2nd half.
Both belting games, I don't think either were particularly great performances though.

Unread 15-01-2016, 09:33 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Both belting games, I don't think either were particularly great performances though.
True.

Unread 15-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Stuffing Newcastle 6-0 at home in 07-08.

Rooney, Ronnie and Tevez were spellbinding that day. Ronnie's only hat trick for us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpa9oDJpG1A

the first touch for Ronaldos second

Unread 15-01-2016, 09:43 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
correct
Closed Thread