United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2016, 06:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I'd say the manager being consistently unable to get his players to hit the ball directly at the goal is at least a minor concern.
See, I'd be more inclined to level that criticism at the highly paid professionals struggling with one of the simpler aspects of the game

Unread 12-03-2016, 06:58 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Don't have to imagine it. It happened numerous times under ferguson.
I think you're referring to Rooney.

Unread 12-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
See, I'd be more inclined to level that criticism at the highly paid professionals struggling with one of the simpler aspects of the game
100% correct. Shots on goal is the managers fault

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Stakker

Louis van Gaal: My style is working at Manchester United

WTF?

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:03 PM
jem

we have plenty of players not in decline. sometimes people think the manager is crap because of his ridiculous selections and stupid tactics.

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we have plenty of players not in decline. sometimes people think the manager is crap because of his ridiculous selections and stupid tactics.
Do we have a single outfield player right now who would get even close to the Moscow '08 final side?

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Do we have a single player right now who would get even close to the Moscow '08 final side?
De Gea.

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
De Gea.
Edited already

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Edited already
Ninja.

That Utd side is possibly one of the top 5 club sides of the last 20 years or so in European football if you look at their performance over a 3 year period up to Rome 09.

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:11 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
100% correct. Shots on goal is the managers fault
Well of course it is.
Listen lads - if you see a scoring opportunity and you fancy a pop - hit the £#%&!er.
It seldom happens under vG and his sidekick.
Bend it like Becks.

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Ninja.

That Utd side is possibly one of the top 5 club sides of the last 20 years or so in European football if you look at their performance over a 3 year period up to Rome 09.
Yeah, beautifully balanced side. Experience and quality in defence and midfield and youthful brilliance in attack.

Rooney-Ronald-Tevez. How briefly that flame burned

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:15 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Ninja.

Still hold several European Cup / CL records I believe

Very underrated side

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Still hold several European Cup / CL records I believe

Very underrated side
Yes, have a decent argument as our best ever side, or at least best ever squad.

Consecutive home wins-12
Longest away undefeated run-16
Longest undefeated run-25.

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Nope. Managers fault. Either they all don't get and are all unprofessional or its him. Which is more likely?

And half of them are players he signed. I agree with you re the issues with personnel, but the old adage of the Buck stopping with the manager is true.

We should be better than we are with the players we have. .

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Nope. Managers fault. Either they all don't get and are all unprofessional or its him. Which is more likely?

And half of them are players he signed. I agree with you re the issues with personnel, but the old adage of the Buck stopping with the manager is true.

We should be better than we are with the players we have. .
It's not the manager's fault that a team with no strikers doesn't score many goals. It's his fault there are no strikers.

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
It's not the manager's fault that a team with no strikers doesn't score many goals. It's his fault there are no strikers.
It's both. We don't have enough strikers in the squad and they don't score enough when they're there.

Mata, Rooney, Depay, Martial, Lingard and Herrera can all score plenty and all of them have featured heavily this season and we've looked impotent in the majority of games this season. This shouldn't be the case with what we have.

We can't score. We can't create chances. That's ultimately the boss's fault.

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
It reflects our @#%&! manager and his @#%&! tactics.

every decent player we get starts of great until its quickly coached out of them with scum @#%&! #@&%! restricted on the pitch instructions.

worse than moyes x 10
It's an interesting theory, and one easily subscribed to, apparently, however, if it's the manager and he's £#%&!ing useless and is ruining the player, how come his league record against the top sides is so good hmm? Riddle me that.

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
It's both. We don't have enough strikers in the squad and they don't score enough when they're there.

Mata, Rooney, Depay, Martial, Lingard and Herrera can all score plenty and all of them have featured heavily this season.

We can't score. We can't create chances. That's ultimately the boss's fault.
There are no natural strikers in the squad other than Rooney. And he's not very good anymore.

Martial is doing fine for his age. Lingard is doing alright for his ability. Memphis the bigger letdown, but tbf he's unproven at this level.

Even a past it RvP bagged I think 12 in the league last year. Proper experienced finishers will score goals in any decent side.

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
It's an interesting theory, and one easily subscribed to, apparently, however, if it's the manager and he's £#%&!ing useless and is ruining the player, how come his league record against the top sides is so good hmm? Riddle me that.
If the players are all shit, as you constantly state, how come their league record against the top sides is so good?

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I think a big reason is better teams' proclivity to open up a little more against us.

Quote:
If the players are all shit, as you constantly state, how come their league record against the top sides is so good?
Closed Thread