United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yes they are. Smalling especially, his passing is abysmal and he doesn't have the pace or guile for it. Jones isn't much better, bags of stamina but zero quality in terms of final pass or crossing.

£#%&!ing ridiculous that we should have to continually shunt centre backs out onto the full back positions. We have 4 strikers, 26 wingers and 5 centre backs..yet we only have 3 full backs at the entire club.
It's not ridiculous at all, it was a deliberate Ferguson policy that served him well throughout his 26 years at United. He also used midfielders and wide players there too, the idea being that it taught the players that they could play there with confidence whenever they found themselves there during games. It's why United have been closer to total football than any team in England for two decades now. People may scoff and point at Arsenal, but that's because they don't really understand the philosophy of total football. In terms specifically of centrebacks being used as full-backs you should have a look at the line-ups in Camp Nou 99 and Moscow 08 to see the benefits of Ferguson's policy.

Unread 21-05-2013, 01:18 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
Yep, one of his very few redeeming qualities. Given the arrival of a proper winger (not Zaha, jury's still out on him), I'd be happy if we kept Valencia as a squad player, tbh. We should get rid of Young though.

Interested to hear what you think about Fabio as a midfielder?
Got a feeling he may have played in a more advanced role for the Brazil youth sides, can't remember though.

People often talk about the twins as if they have the same qualities but I think Fabio could be better suited to playing as an attacker than Rafael. Perhaps part of the reason for Rafael being the more dogged and aggressive of the two is his compensating for knowing he was always the less gifted. Fabio is a great footballer, but lacks a little of that intensity in his game. Wouldn't rule out him playing further up.

Unread 21-05-2013, 03:42 AM
Der Kaiser

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Tottenham.html

Unread 21-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
So... he's not signed a contract yet?

Unread 21-05-2013, 08:35 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Got a feeling he may have played in a more advanced role for the Brazil youth sides, can't remember though.

People often talk about the twins as if they have the same qualities but I think Fabio could be better suited to playing as an attacker than Rafael. Perhaps part of the reason for Rafael being the more dogged and aggressive of the two is his compensating for knowing he was always the less gifted. Fabio is a great footballer, but lacks a little of that intensity in his game. Wouldn't rule out him playing further up.
I think they do have similar qualities, but one is a happy go lucky individual and the other is married to a moose

Unread 21-05-2013, 10:05 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

I've long since fancied the idea of Fabio taking on the role that Park had in the squad, growing into it and doing it with more aplomb and red cards tbh.

Unread 22-05-2013, 11:45 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html

Ouch.

Unread 22-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Stickman

that article is so shit. Like some junior wrote it.

Unread 22-05-2013, 01:01 PM
toseeunited

You can whittle that article down to this, which tbf are the points that we hope Bale has when he considers what's what. The Ronny one says it all IMO
Quote:
So far every accolade Bale (24 this summer) has won in the game have been personal achievements, but trophies count for more at the end of a career.

Cristiano Ronaldo was 24 when he left Manchester United after six years – the same time Bale has spent at Spurs – at Old Trafford.

In that time Ronaldo won three Premier League titles, the Champions League, FA Cup, two Carling Cups and the Club World Cup.

Bale could be one of the main men at Manchester United, succeeding Ryan Giggs out on the left or operating in the problem position immediately behind Robin van Persie.

Tottenham insist they will not sell their biggest asset, but Bale’s work is done at White Hart Lane.

Unread 22-05-2013, 01:07 PM
barca99

If United sign Bale they will win the treble, i can say that with confidence... because i know i wont happen

Unread 22-05-2013, 01:10 PM
believe

Quote:
In that time Ronaldo won three Premier League titles, the Champions League, FA Cup, two Carling Cups and the Club World Cup.

Unread 22-05-2013, 05:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
'Ash Wednesday'?

Not surprised to see that kind of £#%&!ery when you have a look the state of this smug @#%&! on that Sky hack show.

Unread 29-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Pop

Agent pimping him to Madrid....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...al-Madrid.html

Unread 29-05-2013, 09:43 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Noticed that this morning. They'll spend stupid money on him this summer.

Unread 29-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Aman27deep

Bale to Madrid would be a sad transfer. I really wanted him here

Unread 21-06-2013, 10:54 PM
red @rmy

We've made a move

Unread 21-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
We've made a move

Unread 21-06-2013, 10:58 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
According to sky italia.

Unread 21-06-2013, 11:02 PM
andyroo

Quote:
According to sky italia.

They probably still think we're signing Sneijder.

Unread 21-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Neo

Quote:
According to sky italia.
Closed Thread