United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Smeggs

Default Berbatov v Benzema

I sincerly hope that we are not planning to spend 25m+ on him when we could try to get Benzema fora similar amount. I know SAF is a fan of both but Berbatov is 28? and Benzema is 20, this will be the last big transfer for the bulgarian and therefore the club is almost certain to lose money on him no matter what he achieves. This is obviously less likely with Benzema.

got that off my chest..

Unread 17-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

both mediocrity. Same class as Anelka; great for your boltons of the football world, but not good enough for MUFC.

Unread 17-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Ginners

benzema as good as he is/could be, had shown no interest in playing for utd, but has often mentioned playing for madrid once he wins the champions league for lyon . id take berba all day long, get a good 5 seasons out of him.

Unread 17-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
both mediocrity. Same class as Anelka; great for your boltons of the football world, but not good enough for MUFC.
Berbatov and Benzema are both already at substantially bigger clubs than Bolton you £#%&!ing tool.

Unread 17-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
benzema as good as he is/could be, had shown no interest in playing for utd, but has often mentioned playing for madrid once he wins the champions league for lyon . id take berba all day long, get a good 5 seasons out of him.

but isn't that all paper talk, he's been linking well all night with Evra (european champion)..perhaps he should have a word. every sinlge time i've seen berbatov v us in the flesh he just hasn't done it for me. i think utd fans are split on this, good player - yes..25m(simply cos he's at spurs) - no

Unread 17-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
but isn't that all paper talk, he's been linking well all night with Evra (european champion)..perhaps he should have a word. every sinlge time i've seen berbatov v us in the flesh he just hasn't done it for me. i think utd fans are split on this, good player - yes..25m(simply cos he's at spurs) - no
i think its a bit naive to think its only paper talk.

Unread 17-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
You think Benzema is mediocre?

Unread 17-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Berbatov and Benzema are both already at substantially bigger clubs than Bolton you £#%&!ing tool.
So is Anelka. What's your point? that we should now be looking at paying silly money for subpar players because there's not much better out there like chelsea did?

Unread 17-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
You think Benzema is mediocre?
Yes i do, i think he looks ok in a shit french league and would be pretty average in the prem.

Unread 17-06-2008, 09:58 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Unread 17-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde

Spot on.

Quote:
every sinlge time i've seen berbatov v us in the flesh he just hasn't done it for me.

He was class at OT this year.

Unread 17-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
who are these two?

Unread 17-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Ether

Quote:

Unread 17-06-2008, 10:00 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
who are these two?
The one on the right is a smoker.

Unread 17-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Blagger

Quote:
The one on the right is a smoker.
he looks like a ruffian to me.

Unread 17-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Smeggs

He was class at OT this year.[/quote]

in the cup game? i didn't see as i was in the sky.

didn't think that much of him in the league game from what i remember, could have been the beer.

Unread 17-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
He was class at OT this year.

didn't think that much of him in the league game from what i remember, could have been the beer.[/quote]

He's £#%&!ing shite, has a very poor work ethic and just saves himself for when the ball is passed to him right on his foot. Cantona he aint. in a word crap.

Unread 17-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:

didn't think that much of him in the league game from what i remember, could have been the beer.

So you've seen him in one game when you were pissed.

Nice one.

Unread 17-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
So you've seen him in one game when you were pissed.

Nice one.
home and away in the league this season and last. 4 games. drunk was tongue in cheek, he just doesn't look a player i want at united.

he was incredibly poor in the 0-4 game at WHL in 06/07.

Unread 17-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Smeggs

i didn't write 'He was class at OT' - it has somehow £#%&!ed up in the quote mechanism.
Closed Thread