United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Whalefish

Default Re: allardyce pissing on wenger again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Yep. As soon as someone sticks one on them they all go into a shell. It's all very well playing your fancy football, that's great, but at the end of the day, you still need to earn the right to play. That's where an Adams, a Vieira or, dare I say it, a Keown comes into play. Arsenal don't have that any more.
They're a bunch of fannies.

Unread 03-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
An accurate assessment.

Unread 03-05-2010, 07:11 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
and its a mentality instilled by their manager

Unread 03-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

[SIZE="5"]Where is safingtons?

Unread 03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierra Del Fuego
[SIZE="5"]Where is safingtons?
Bannedingtons

Unread 03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: allardyce pissing on wenger again

The only reason they've ever lost a game under Wenger is because they've been kicked off the park.

No team has ever beaten them in a fair, footballing fashion.They've never been outplayed and probably never will.

What a manager, what a team.

Unread 03-05-2010, 07:25 PM
thatsfuctit

Big Sam will be of home for a £#%&! and stick a cornetto up his arse

Unread 03-05-2010, 07:30 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Nobody's disputing they're tough to beat at home. Im just disappointed that Sam didn't roll over on purpose for his good buddy.
stop being stupid

Unread 03-05-2010, 07:32 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Big Sam will be of home for a £#%&! and stick a cornetto up his arse
Twitter Sam is ace

Unread 03-05-2010, 07:37 PM
MrBishi

If Spurs beat city, they could feasibly grab third on the last day.

Unread 03-05-2010, 08:24 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Twitter Sam is ace
:-)

Unread 03-05-2010, 08:28 PM
borsuk

Quote:
People always ask: "Big Sam, what's your favourite Lenny Kravitz album?" "That's easy," I reply. "The Best of Terence Trent D'Arby. Next."

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:30 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
no win in 8 for arsenal
Easy run in as well.

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
If Spurs beat city, they could feasibly grab third on the last day.
That would require Arsenal to lose at home to Fulham, which they have NEVER done before, apparently

(not that likely to start happening then either, given Fulham have their biggest game since the 1975 FA Cup final three days later)

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Darth Vidic

I still wonder why Blackburn felt the need to be so negative and timewaste against us when they weren't playing for anything.

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:52 AM
fix up look SHARPE

it's £#%&!ing ridiculous. i don't remember blackburn putting in one dangerous or reckless challenge today, £#%&! knows what wenger is bleating on about. sunderland yesterday were much more physical and the ref did us no favours, but utd are up for giving it straight back. i don't think our current team is as up for a battle as previous ones but we have the right characters and attitude not let certain teams beat us before stepping on the pitch. wenger's manufactured a situation where his team have an excuse to lose certain games and until that changes they will never win the league again.

Unread 04-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
losing to barcelona in the manner they did crushed them. blew any illusions they had that they were the soul protectors of nice football out of the water.
There's something particularly funny about your iPhone misspellings. They subtly change the meaning of everything.

Unread 04-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Zorg

Looking at the goals, they maybe had a point about the first one, though even there I think it's at worst unsporting rather than an actual foul.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/5541705/

But for the second goal, Fabianski is more impeded by Sol Campbell than anyone else.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/5541996/

Unread 04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Appletango

He has too many fairies in his teams. The Arsenal teams of old were as physical as any. Every teams need players who can dish it out. You can have one or two maybe luxury players but not 4 or 5.

Surely Wenger must see he needs to sign a horrible dirty @#%&!. That Lee Cattermole would be perfect for them.

I'd say they're a goalkeeper, a centre half, an aggresive midfielder and a goalscorer away from a title winning side - So quite a distance imo

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
He has too many fairies in his teams. The Arsenal teams of old were as physical as any. Every teams need players who can dish it out. You can have one or two maybe luxury players but not 4 or 5.

Surely Wenger must see he needs to sign a horrible dirty @#%&!. That Lee Cattermole would be perfect for them.

I'd say they're a goalkeeper, a centre half, an aggresive midfielder and a goalscorer away from a title winning side - So quite a distance imo
Agreed. I've always found it strange that Wenger sees the physical side of football as a scandalous abberation, something separate that should be removed, so when he comes up against more physical teams he's outraged.
It's not - it's an inherent part of the game and something you have to cope with. What's even more strange is that he was happy for his own players to be physical when he still had the old guard defence and people like Vieira, creating an appalling disciplinary record in the process, but since then he's just signed a load of lightweights who can't accept being tackled.

Compare that to United, who teams frequently think they can bully off the park like Sunderland the other day. The reason they can't do that is that Fergie accepts it's part of the game and tells his players they'll just have to give it back, instead of whining about 'anti-football'.

In short, Wenger's a @#%&!.
Closed Thread