United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2010, 07:56 AM
waynes ear's

Default Re: Scapegoat of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Think you need a new sarcasm detector earsy.
really?

Unread 03-05-2010, 08:55 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
according to the grauniad it's berbs

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...ed-title-chase

personally i think that berbatov is a fine player but a bit like the veron situation in that he is not the right fit for united. I rather think that carrick will be gone however, he's a six foot @#%&!.
the value of that article can be judged from just one paragraph
Quote:
You look through United's squad to identify which players can legitimately be described as having brilliant seasons and the only ones who stand out are Rooney, Darren Fletcher and Patrice Evra. Too many have scored six or seven, but not eight or nine, out of 10.
vds, nani, valencia and scholes have all been consistently superb this season, especially scoles. just another hack desperately trying to make the facts fit his predetermined 'united are not what they were' line.

a point here or there, an offside decision in our favour and we're top again and the same hack would be writing about an indomitable will to win etc. piss poor excuse for a journalist tbh.

Unread 03-05-2010, 08:57 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the value of that article can be judged from just one paragraphvds, nani, valencia and scholes have all been consistently superb this season, especially scoles. just another hack desperately trying to make the facts fit his predetermined 'united are not what they were' line.

a point here or there, an offside decision in our favour and we're top again and the same hack would be writing about an indomitable will to win etc. piss poor excuse for a journalist tbh.
Consistently superb? The season started in August. Scholes has also only come in to form lately imo.

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:12 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Consistently superb? The season started in August. Scholes has also only come in to form lately imo.
can't agree there. nani has been the best winger in the league, probably in europe, since christmas. scholes started the season in fantastic form, had a dip after christmas iirc, then picked it up again.

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
can't agree there. nani has been the best winger in the league, probably in europe, since christmas. scholes started the season in fantastic form, had a dip after christmas iirc, then picked it up again.

£#%&!ing hell thats a brave statement! Several very good games, starting at Arsenal but lets not get carried away here! Very rawkesque that borsuk

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:18 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
£#%&!ing hell thats a brave statement! Several very good games, starting at Arsenal but lets not get carried away here! Very rawkesque that borsuk
who's been better?

you could make a case for ronaldo, if you consider him a winger. malouda has been excellent, robben also, valencia also. after that i think you're struggling. fact is, since his penny dropping moment nani has been as good as anyone.

imo.

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:20 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
who's been better?

you could make a case for ronaldo, if you consider him a winger. malouda has been excellent, robben also, valencia also. after that i think you're struggling. fact is, since his penny dropping moment nani has been as good as anyone.

imo.
Malouda and Robben. Hasn't Messi played a fair amount of games as a winger?

Nani has improved a lot and it's great to see but I think you're going way over the top there.

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
who's been better?

imo.
@#%&! that he is, Ribery

Infact, both Bayern wingers are better than Nani

As you say Valencia has for me been better than Nani, Gareth Bale has been a revelation since being moved up as well

I agree he has done well recently but I wouldn't go anywhere near 'best winger' in the country let alone in europe

It's all about opinions though aint it, not having a go, I just happen to have a differing opinion to you

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:24 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Malouda and Robben. Hasn't Messi played a fair amount of games as a winger?

Nani has improved a lot and it's great to see but I think you're going way over the top there.
maybe. malouda has been superb lately but hasn't been at that level consistently. robben has been excellent, ribery too.

i don't class messi as a winger. nominally he often appears on the right on the team sheet but barca don't play with wingers imo, which is one reason they were so ineffective against inter, everything through the middle, no overlaps etc.

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Red Tatton

Huge mistake going into season with just Rooney, Berbatov and the injury prone @#%&! as recognized forwards.

That and the fact that whatever people think of Berbatov, you can not get to the top of your form when you are in and out of the team every 2 minutes.

And when Rooney doesn't play we have no one even remotely similar in style of play to him, so tatics have to change completely.

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Im more concerned with which United player will be held responsible for England going out of the world cup. I seriously think there should ber a vbet on it.
Evra. England v's France, Rooney clear through on goal, Evra fouls him in trhe box from behind, Evra protests his innocence and Rooney gets booked for diving, a second yellow after his first for dissent. Rooney leaves the pitch and Englands hopes go with him. France emerge winners of the match due to an Evra cross and a Ribery goal.

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Switching Off

Thumbs up Re: Scapegoat of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Evra. England v's France, Rooney clear through on goal, Evra fouls him in trhe box from behind, Evra protests his innocence and Rooney gets booked for diving, a second yellow after his first for dissent. Rooney leaves the pitch and Englands hopes go with him. France emerge winners of the match due to an Evra cross and a Ribery goal.
Some top logic there Tatters. He might even get a song then.

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Charlestown Rouge

The supporters. Especially at home - absolute £#%&!.

Have cost us at least two points.

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:59 AM
wee man

Have said before and will say again. The FA Premier League scheduling a game between 2 Champions League representatives in between the 2 1/4 final legs (a week apart) was always going to give an advantage to a team who had been knocked out.

We looked a tired team against Chelsea that day after the Munich 1st leg and Chelsea were very fresh and beat us comfortably. That game will have been the difference at the end of the season.

Unread 03-05-2010, 12:34 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Scapegoat of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Have said before and will say again. The FA Premier League scheduling a game between 2 Champions League representatives in between the 2 1/4 final legs (a week apart) was always going to give an advantage to a team who had been knocked out.

We looked a tired team against Chelsea that day after the Munich 1st leg and Chelsea were very fresh and beat us comfortably. That game will have been the difference at the end of the season.
yep. even worse when you consider what other country's leagues are willing to arrange to help their representatives (friday games, postponements etc).

Unread 03-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:

I think it's a computer that does that and one that didn't know Chelsea wouldn't make the quarters when it spewed out the fixtures in July '09.

Unread 03-05-2010, 12:57 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
I think it's a computer that does that and one that didn't know Chelsea wouldn't make the quarters when it spewed out the fixtures in July '09.
It's not totally random - it manages to have some super weekends quite regularly when the "big 4" play each other. And it doesn't matter what the teams were - they should not schedule games between champions league representatives in the middle of 1/4 final dates a week apart - regardless of the teams involved as you say they obviously don't know - avoid it completely - they know the dates.

Unread 03-05-2010, 01:00 PM
otbarney

Quote:

Yet if the officials had done their jobs, we would have emerged with at least a point, meaning we would be top going into next weeks game.

Unread 03-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
It's not totally random - it manages to have some super weekends quite regularly when the "big 4" play each other. And it doesn't matter what the teams were - they should not schedule games between champions league representatives in the middle of 1/4 final dates a week apart - regardless of the teams involved as you say they obviously don't know - avoid it completely - they know the dates.
I think you'll find then if it's not totally random that they like the contenders for the title to pay each other in "six pointers" at the business end of the season.
Football clubs have enslaved themselves to TV for vast sums of cash and just have to deal with it.

Busy schedules affect the successful clubs which is why the trebles been won just the once and we didn't half stagger over the line for that.

Unread 03-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Zorg

Quote:
yep. even worse when you consider what other country's leagues are willing to arrange to help their representatives (friday games, postponements etc).
Yep. It's always struck me how that is completely accepted in other countries, yet can you imagine if United's fixtures were moved to help them in Europe?
The whole nation would explode in an ABU fury like we've never seen.
Closed Thread