United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2010, 07:28 PM
HarkNowHear

Default Re: Do you reckon Chelsea will win their last 2 games?

They will.

The loss at Burnley still smarts for me. If I can take a glimmer of hope from the season it is the fact we have contested it thus far.

PS

plus the scouse are as abysmal as I have ever ever seen them.

Unread 01-05-2010, 07:50 PM
BigRon

if chelsea win the league this year then its only because we have absolutely gifted it to them. it hurts most because we all know we're a better team than chelsea, no matter what the ####ing table says, we are better. we started off the season with a few negative vibes, especially in regards to ronaldo leaving and berbs never hitting form. we should never have lost to ####ing burnley and had a few other dodgy results then. drawing at blackburn didnt help, but was at least proof that berbatov isnt the man to do the job for us when the pressures on.

i think next season we'll be back to normal. obviously re-signing scholes & neville isnt a massive step forward but i guess at the very least theyre an asset to the club behind the scenes and an inspiration to younger talent, and scholes does have the tendency to pop up at crucial moments. a lot of it depends on who we sign this summer. id like us to take a shot at zamora, maybe a swap deal for owen? smallings already in, so cb looks ok with evans, rio & vidic there. i dont think vidic will move on, despite all the #### thats been said. central midfield is an issue... id still go for gerrard personally, but that nzonzi at blackburn looks a talent as well and i reckon we could have him for 10m-ish.

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:00 PM
elephantstone

I dreamt last nite that the scouse went 2 up then i woke up as the youngest was trying to put a crayon up my nostril

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRon
if chelsea win the league this year then its only because we have absolutely gifted it to them. it hurts most because we all know we're a better team than chelsea, no matter what the ####ing table says, we are better. we started off the season with a few negative vibes, especially in regards to ronaldo leaving and berbs never hitting form. we should never have lost to ####ing burnley and had a few other dodgy results then. drawing at blackburn didnt help, but was at least proof that berbatov isnt the man to do the job for us when the pressures on.

i think next season we'll be back to normal. obviously re-signing scholes & neville isnt a massive step forward but i guess at the very least theyre an asset to the club behind the scenes and an inspiration to younger talent, and scholes does have the tendency to pop up at crucial moments. a lot of it depends on who we sign this summer. id like us to take a shot at zamora, maybe a swap deal for owen? smallings already in, so cb looks ok with evans, rio & vidic there. i dont think vidic will move on, despite all the #### thats been said. central midfield is an issue... id still go for gerrard personally, but that nzonzi at blackburn looks a talent as well and i reckon we could have him for 10m-ish.
I'm offended by your lack of swearing but most of the others will have you for saying you'd sign Gerrard. He'd be immense for us but you're not allowed to mention it.

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I dreamt last nite that the scouse went 2 up then i woke up as the youngest was trying to put a crayon up my nostril
Purple crayon?

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:04 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I'm offended by your lack of swearing but most of the others will have you for saying you'd sign Gerrard. He'd be immense for us but you're not allowed to mention it.
I don't think anyone doubts that, he simply wouldn't sign for us though.

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:05 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I don't think anyone doubts that, he simply wouldn't sign for us though.

hes been bobbins this season - he knows the games up

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:10 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
hes been bobbins this season - he knows the games up
Great player. Spent 10 years propping that shower up and needs a change.

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Alan

I think they will probably scab a win by a goal tomorrow. Probably a lampard deflection, and wigan will bend right over.

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:13 PM
BigRon

i got banned last time for expressing my opinion so whatever... i think gerrard would be a (very) good player for us and i do think hed sign for us if the money was right. i also think liverpools owners would let him go if we offered enough. do we have the money? probably not... but if we reportedly have 20M+ to spend on £#%&!ing milner i think its worth at least enquiring about gerrard. europa league with a rapidly dissolving team with a shit manager or champions league with a strong team and a legendary manager? at gerrards age, i think he may put the rivalry etc aside for a crack at winning the premier league title & champs league title again. i could be wrong, but if i am then it just proves how loyalty and stupidity sometimes go very well together.

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:13 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Great player. Spent 10 years propping that shower up and needs a change.
fully agree carlo - on his day a match winner, but his body language this season screams " cant be arsed"

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Billy Bigbollox

If Fod signs for anyone it'll be the Divs I reckon

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:16 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
i got banned last time for expressing my opinion so whatever... i think gerrard would be a (very) good player for us and i do think hed sign for us if the money was right. i also think liverpools owners would let him go if we offered enough. do we have the money? probably not... but if we reportedly have 20M+ to spend on £#%&!ing milner i think its worth at least enquiring about gerrard. europa league with a rapidly dissolving team with a shit manager or champions league with a strong team and a legendary manager? at gerrards age, i think he may put the rivalry etc aside for a crack at winning the premier league title & champs league title again. i could be wrong, but if i am then it just proves how loyalty and stupidity sometimes go very well together.
I'd have him in an instant, but there's no way he'd come here out of respect to Liverpool.

Misguided or not, fair-play to him for that.

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:19 PM
BigRon

i dunno mate, the whole affair with him and chelsea a couple of seasons back made me think that liverpools lack of success is weighing on his mind and maybe will make him less loyal than you think. i know chelsea arent united, and that theres no real rivalry there, but i just dont think its totally out of the realms of possibility. i do concede itd be extremely difficult, close to impossible, to persuade him... but if anyone can do it then its fergie. not sure how close he is with owen but maybe some persuation there too?

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
i dunno mate, the whole affair with him and chelsea a couple of seasons back made me think that liverpools lack of success is weighing on his mind and maybe will make him less loyal than you think. i know chelsea arent united, and that theres no real rivalry there, but i just dont think its totally out of the realms of possibility. i do concede itd be extremely difficult, close to impossible, to persuade him... but if anyone can do it then its fergie. not sure how close he is with owen but maybe some persuation there too?
He's mates with the Roonmeister isn't he? He's our best bet to persuade him. I still can't see it, he'd rather go abroad. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up for Inter Milan.

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:24 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
I'd say it was a non-starter, can't see him fitting United's transfer 'profile' these days. Too old and too expensive.

As mentioned above, City fit the bill perfectly.

Unread 01-05-2010, 09:15 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
fully agree carlo - on his day a match winner, but his body language this season screams " cant be arsed"
Can't blame the fella, i mean playing for that fat tosser with his negative tactics would piss any top player off.

Unread 01-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Grimson

Yes, they will easily win their last two games.

Unread 01-05-2010, 10:39 PM
carlosartorial

Interesting take on things from Des Kelly...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...sea-clash.html

Unread 01-05-2010, 10:47 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Well I dreamt last night that WiganSte had come on holiday, in a caravan, with me and lots of my family.

The last thing I remember about the dream was that Ste was sprawled out on his back having a kip on a pull out bed and as I was about to say "Why's that lazy @#%&! asleep?", my step-mother was stroking his head saying "SHHHHH! Let the poor boy sleep, he's such a hard worker."

This has really worried me because I don't know how you'd translate/explain that.
Closed Thread