dodger

Default Re: There's only one Keano

I couldn't give a £#%&! what he says tbh sacked next autumn

Unread 30-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
He is an interesting character. It's a shame that other managers don't just say what they feel in a violent and menacing way.
A lot of footballers I've liked throughout the years I would say I'd like to have a pint with. McGrath, Robson, Zidane, though I'd doubt the latter would be interested. But Keane? It would probably be the most uncomfortable 20 minutes you could experience. Like Joe Pesci from Goodfellas on a bad day. His loss imotbh.

Unread 30-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
A lot of footballers I've liked throughout the years I would say I'd like to have a pint with. McGrath, Robson, Zidane, though I'd doubt the latter would be interested. But Keane? It would probably be the most uncomfortable 20 minutes you could experience. Like Joe Pesci from Goodfellas on a bad day.
So true. 'Ha ha Keano...you're a funny guy'.

'What do you mean I'm funny?'

Unread 30-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Ginners

good pint this eh keano?

woah, rough week?

o....k

Unread 30-04-2010, 12:48 PM
forzagarza

Is he married and does he have kids? Really can't imagaine him having either. Can just imagine him going home, sitting in a really old armchair and shouting to himself

Unread 30-04-2010, 12:59 PM
shadowplay

He possesses many psychopathic traits; I recall that story of him walking his dog around the area where he lives. Two lads, on their way home from school, greeted him by saying 'alright, Roy!' or some such. He did'nt reply, just walked on. The two guys, a little peeved with his snobbery, shouted '£#%&!er' to him. He ran after them with a stick. Loved him as a player, and I still find him amusing and interesting from time to time, but he's fairly hypocritical and chats a lot of shit, tbh. I think he's a bit bitter over how it ended.

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
He possesses many psychopathic traits; I recall that story of him walking his dog around the area where he lives. Two lads, on their way home from school, greeted him by saying 'alright, Roy!' or some such. He did'nt reply, just walked on. The two guys, a little peeved with his snobbery, shouted '£#%&!er' to him. He ran after them with a stick. Loved him as a player, and I still find him amusing and interesting from time to time, but he's fairly hypocritical and chats a lot of shit, tbh. I think he's a bit bitter over how it ended.
wtf

love it tbh

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Sparky***

He's a total £#%&!ing mentalist.

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:02 PM
BigRon

keanes a grade a #@&%!. good player, but as a person a total #@&%!. shit manager as well.

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRon
keanes a grade a #@&%!. good player, but as a person a total #@&%!. shit manager as well.
Still, he's not black eh Ron.

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:04 PM
treme

Quote:
What a guy. Brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
is triggs still not around?
Bed bound. Is tired off all the walking.

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:06 PM
dodger

Quote:
I have a similar tale about Gordon Lee, Everton manager of the 70's, when he didn't give us any money for our carol singing

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Still, he's not black eh Ron.

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Appletango

He seemed to have alot of anger after missing 99.

Top Top player, criminal he doesn't have a champions league medal.

Don't rate him as a manager though.

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:09 PM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svens robotic nob
I've actually had a pint with Keano, in The Griffin, Bowden, on the evening after we did the bitters in the FA Cup (Dodgy penalty given, foul by Frontzek I think).

He was a quiet, well spoken, reasonable bloke. He overheard us talking about the match, bought us all a pint, including a bitter we had with us, and chatted for half an hour.

Rather the psycho everyone seems to portray him as, he seemed more a reclusive type, almost shy.

When I compare him to the @#%&! that was Andy Cole when I met him, he is a top, top bloke.
It is the reclusive shy types that usually turn out to be serial killers. Not that I am implying Roy Keane is one. Although he probably could be.

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:11 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
"The manager's darkening mood was made only too clear on an ominous night for his regime. There were the first signs of tension between Keano and the Sunderland supporters. But that was nothing compared to the eruption we witnessed at half-time. We knew we were in for a tongue-lashing. We waited for the fireworks. Keano emerged from the washroom, quietly, calmly.

"He asked our kit manager if he can get the tactics board. 'Sure, boss, it's over here.'
Managment isn't for him

"The board goes up. And Keano takes a running jump and smashes it over with a kung-£#%&!ick. He screamed at Danny Collins: 'Never come to me and ask for a contract again.' And then the captain, Dean Whitehead, is next. 'Captain? Captain? Some f***in' captain you are,' he rages, slapping Dean about the head in the process, before turning on us all. 'I can't trust any of you!'
Yorkie on Roy

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:12 PM
treme

Quote:
Yorkie on Roy
Bonified crank. Confirmed.

The funniest story had to be when Gary Neville sent a text around the players. "This is my new number".

Keano replied: "I don't care" or something along those lines.

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:13 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:14 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

he's turning into father Jack

give it another couple of years and all his post match interviews will be conducted in an armchair and have that much swearing in them the beeps will just sound like white noise

amazing player, but like others have said sometimes i wish he'd just shut up

and as for the comment about the club wiping him from their mind. the club maybe, but surely he's not deaf
Closed Thread