Fabregas 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Spiffy

Default Re: PFA Player of The Year Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Ronaldo & Andy Gray. Probably been others.
Didn't Mark Hughes also win both? I thought he did but there's nowt on Wiki.

Unread 15-04-2010, 03:59 PM
treme

Young player? Wazza is 24 now. Surely he is passed the 'young' bracket for the award?

Unread 15-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Sullingtons

If you think Tevez has had a better season than Wayne Rooney, regardless of his unexpected goal tally (when compared with Berbs) then you're #@&%!ed.

Unread 15-04-2010, 04:41 PM
safingtons

Drogba for player of the year as he has been the most influential player in that league winning squad not considering the refereeing help they've had.

Rooney for young player of the year.

The main award should go to a player that won the league that season imo unless there's been a huge gulf in class between one player and the others.

Unread 15-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Drogba for player of the year as he has been the most influential player in that league winning squad not considering the refereeing help they've had.

The main award should go to a player that won the league that season imo unless there's been a huge gulf in class between one player and the others.
What league winning squad? Are you surrendering the title again?

You'd have to be a clueless @#%&! to think Drogba deserves it more than Rooney. Rooney's been playing out of his skin whilst Drogba spends most of his time rolling around on the floor like a coward.

Unread 15-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

no way. rooney has carried virtually all the goalscoring responsibilty on his own for us. we'd be nowhere near chelsea if it weren't for him.

Unread 15-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Sloppy

Rangers David Weir(40) has been nominated for the scottish version.

Unread 15-04-2010, 04:53 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
What league winning squad? Are you surrendering the title again?

You'd have to be a clueless @#%&! to think Drogba deserves it more than Rooney. Rooney's been playing out of his skin whilst Drogba spends most of his time rolling around on the floor like a coward.
The league was gone 2 weeks ago, when we meekly surrendered at home in a game we only needed a draw. It's over.

What has Drogba's diving got to do with how well he's done this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
no way. rooney has carried virtually all the goalscoring responsibilty on his own for us. we'd be nowhere near chelsea if it weren't for him.
He has been fantastic and individually has had a better season than the Drog but Didier has got the same amount of goals despite being away for a month and a half on african cup duty and is gonna win the league. For those reasons I choose him.

Rooney will probably end up winning it though, but he'll be a bit embarrased going up there and talking about our loss at City and Chelsea sealing the title at White Hart Lane.

Unread 15-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
The league was gone 2 weeks ago, when we meekly surrendered at home in a game we only needed a draw. It's over.

He has been fantastic and individually has had a better season than the Drog but Didier has got the same amount of goals despite being away for a month and a half on african cup duty and is gonna win the league. For those reasons I choose him.

Rooney will probably end up winning it though, but he'll be a bit embarrased going up there and talking about our loss at City and Chelsea sealing the title at White Hart Lane.
See ya later, mate.

Unread 15-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Appletango

Rooney, Drogba and Fabregas have all had very good seasons.

Rooney's just stands out for me, therefore I'd say he should get it.

Unread 15-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

Chelsea have to play Tottenham and Liverpool who need the points for 4th. They have to play Stoke who will give them a tough game. Why have you not learned from your previous predictions and subsequent bannings?

It's not over until it's mathematically impossible. We don't give in, we don't surrender and that's why no team has won more top flight titles than us. With 2 games to go, if we're in and around Chelsea, I'd back us everytime.

Unread 15-04-2010, 05:07 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Chelsea have to play Tottenham and Liverpool who need the points for 4th. They have to play Stoke who will give them a tough game. Why have you not learned from your previous predictions and subsequent bannings?

It's not over until it's mathematically impossible. We don't give in, we don't surrender and that's why no team has won more top flight titles than us. With 2 games to go, if we're in and around Chelsea, I'd back us everytime.
You are a naive man for thinking Liverpool would ever do us a favour. This is why its totally over for me, even if I thought we'd beat City on Saturday which unfortunately I doubt then we'd have to rely on Liverpool(who have nothing to play for) to get a win/draw.

We wouldnt be having this conversation if we didn't, to use your favourite word 'surrender' at our own home ground with number 19 not far away. This is why a lot of United fans couldn't care less about the rest of the season. Physically and mentally United are gone and we couldn't have a much worse fixture to come next.

Unread 15-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
You are a naive man for thinking Liverpool would ever do us a favour. This is why its totally over for me, even if I thought we'd beat City on Saturday which unfortunately I doubt then we'd have to rely on Liverpool(who have nothing to play for) to get a win/draw.

We wouldnt be having this conversation if we didn't, to use your favourite word 'surrender' at our own home ground with number 19 not far away. This is why a lot of United fans couldn't care less about the rest of the season. Physically and mentally United are gone and we couldn't have a much worse fixture to come next.
Youre a £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 15-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

I don't know which team you were supporting in 1995 but Liverpool played Blackburn and Blackburn needed a win to win the league and stop us from winning it. Liverpool won the game and if we'd won our final game, we'd have done 5 straight league titles (including the 2 league wins in the following seasons.

In short, we've had this scenario before and although the fans may want it, the players are professionals.

City have done us favours in the past to help us win leagues. It's only in fans minds that players hate the same teams as the fans.

Unread 15-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Lok

Quote:

Hello
Hello, baby; you called
I can't hear a thing
I have got no service in the club you say, say
Wa-wa-what did you say?
Huh?; You're breaking up on me
Sorry; I cannot hear you
I'm kinda busy
K-kinda busy
K-kinda busy
Sorry; I cannot hear you
I'm kinda busy

Just a second; it's my favorite song they're gonna play and I cannot text you with a drink in my hand, eh?
You shoulda made some plans with me; you knew that I was free
And now you won't stop calling me
I'm kinda busy

Stop callin', stop callin'; I don't wanna think anymore!; I left my head and my heart on the dance-floor
Stop callin'', stop callin; I don't wanna talk anymore!; I left my head and my heart on the dance-floor

Eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh
Stop telephonin' me!
I'm busy!
Stop telephonin' me!

Can call all you want but there's no one home and you're not gonna reach my telephone!
'Cause I'm out in the club and I'm sippin' that bub' and you're not gonna reach my telephone

Call when you want but there's no one home
and you're not gonna reach my telephone
Out in the club and I'm sippin' that bub' and you're not gonna reach my telephone

Boy the way you blowin' up my phone won't make me leave no faster, put my coat on faster, leave my girls no faster.
I shoulda left my phone at home 'cause this is a disaster!
Callin' like a collector
Sorry: I cannot answer!

Not that I don't like you: I'm just at a party
And I am sick and tired of my phone ri-ringing
Sometimes I feel like I live in Grand Central Station
Tonight I'm not takin no calls 'cause I'll be dancin'
'Cause I'll be dancin'
'Cause I'll be dancin'
Tonight I'm not takin' no calls 'cause I'll be dancin!

Stop callin', stop callin'; I don't wanna think anymore!; I got my head and my heart on the dance-floor
Stop callin', stop callin'; I don't wanna talk anymore!; I got my head and my heart on the dance-floor

Stop callin', stop callin'; I don't wanna think anymore!; I got my head and my heart on the dance-floor
Stop callin', stop callin'; I don't wanna talk anymore; I got my head and my heart on the dance-floor

Stop telephonin' me!
I'm busy!
Stop telephonin' me!

Can call all you want, but there's no one home
And you're not gonna reach my telephone
'Cause I'm out in the club and I'm sippin' that bub'

Call when you want, but there's no one home
And you're not gonna reach my telephone!
'Cause I'm out in the club, and I'm sippin' that bub'
And you're not gonna reach my telephone, my telephone, mi-mi-mi, my telephone
'Cause I'm out in the club and I'm sippin' that bub'
My telephone
Mi-mi-mi, my telephone
'Cause I'm out in the club and I'm sippin that bub' and you're not gonna reach my telephone

We're sorry; the number you have reached is not in service at this time
Please check the number, or try your call again

Unread 15-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Tiberian

Agree with what others have said about the Young Player award, having the likes of Fabregas, Rooney and Milner up for it, all who have been playing first team football for at least 6+ years is absurd. They really need to change that, make it a breakthrough player award, or take the age limit back to 21 and under.

As for the main award, would expect Rooney to win it, had a lot of hype from the press all season, everyone saying good things about him. That does influence the result, Drogba has in terms of profile had a much quieter season.

Rooney deserves to win anyway, really found his position and role this season, playing right up top unsettling defenders with his pace and power. I know some believe he is still a number 10, but based on this season it is hard to make that argument stick.

Unread 15-04-2010, 07:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
City have done us favours in the past to help us win leagues
As have Leeds, more than once

And Spurs played like their lives depended on it in the final game of the 1998-9 season, despite "risking" handing the title to Arsenal.

Unread 25-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Sloppy

Rooneys won it.Milner got young player award.

Unread 25-04-2010, 09:30 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Heard that.

Any links going?

Unread 25-04-2010, 09:32 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up Re: PFA Player of The Year Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Well done Wazza

Shame the April/May injury curse continued to strike yet AGAIN this season. Very cruel luck for the lad ...& us.
Closed Thread