United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:28 PM
dodger

Default Re: allardyce pissing on wenger again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
I've always said that Arsenal are a good side, but without a plan B. They play some outstanding football, perhaps the best in the world, and full credit to Wenger for that, but time and again it just isn't enough. It's all very well playing your little triangles, pass, pass, pass, but when things aren't going your way sometimes you just need to put it into the mixer. Arsenal simply aren't capable of that.
So everybody says, the evidence before my eyes suggests not. There's the odd flash of it but too few and far between for this kind of talk. It's a £#%&!ing nonsense.

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:43 PM
borsuk

Default Re: allardyce pissing on wenger again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
So everybody says, the evidence before my eyes suggests not. There's the odd flash of it but too few and far between for this kind of talk. It's a £#%&!ing nonsense.
agreed. it's also bandied about as if there's only one way to play and everybody agrees what constitutes good football. speaking genuinely objectively, i don't find arsenal particularly good to watch: far too anaemic, no passion and unoriginal - lots of system and learned pattern in their play, far too little individualism and individual creativity. spurs, to give a non-united example, are far better to watch for my money. so are bremen, benfica (overall, probably the best team to watch in europe this season), porto and ajax.
Closed Thread