United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:53 AM
borsuk

Default Re: There's only one Keano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Fine if you don't like him as a person, but read that sentence again and tell me you're not being ridiculous.

He was a £#%&!ing brilliant player. World class, one of the club's greatest. And that's not just 'it'. He was as good a captain as you could wish for too. A true leader and an integral part of our dominance for more than a decade.
absolutely. the sad thing is he appears to make a point of demonstrating how little united means to him. some stay with the club (kidd, ole, phelan etc) and clearly stay fans, others move on but always speak with respect (bruce, andy cole, cantona, becks etc) and some just move on and don't look back. but keane seems to make it a point of honour to tell people how little united means to him. that's his prerogative, of course, but it comes across as remarkably churlish and petty, not to mention idiotic from somebody in a position where (presumably) he's trying to instill a sense of loyalty and pride in his players.

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
absolutely. the sad thing is he appears to make a point of demonstrating how little united means to him. some stay with the club (kidd, ole, phelan etc) and clearly stay fans, others move on but always speak with respect (bruce, andy cole, cantona, becks etc) and some just move on and don't look back. but keane seems to make it a point of honour to tell people how little united means to him. that's his prerogative, of course, but it comes across as remarkably churlish and petty, not to mention idiotic from somebody in a position where (presumably) he's trying to instill a sense of loyalty and pride in his players.

Couldn't have put it better

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Father Christmas

Keane apologists see this as "oh it's just Keano" but in fact he's clearly very bitter about his last days at the club. He didn't get the contract he wanted (rightly so as he was a shadow of his former self) so put SAF in a position where he had to sack him. Of course his behaviour pales into significance alongside the utter @#%&!ishness of Tevez but it's disappointing from Keane all the same.

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:23 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Good post, he's a headcase.

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Careful Carlo and Santa! Before you know it you will have the keane-loving caravan dwellers after you

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Albert Tatlock

Thumbs up Re: There's only one Keano

Quote:

This

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:53 AM
treme

Love Keano tbh. He is just misunderstood.

Unread 03-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Got to say that he irritates me. People who have reputations for 'straight talking' are inclined to be attention seekers – fair enough when you need to do it but people like Keane do it all the time, unnecessarily. They insist on doing it and it becomes their badge.

Can imagine him looking in the mirror each morning and saying to himself, ‘Howdy, I’m straight talkin Roy Keane. And I talk damn straight’

And when he walks into press conferences, there’s a deferential hush as hacks whisper to each other that ‘straight talking Roy Keane’ is here'. And you watch now, he’ll talk straight.

And then Roy does just that. He talks straight.

Right into the glare of the camera.
ha ha

Unread 03-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Sparky***

I can't stand people who take themselves too seriously tbh. Roy was a great footballer, but as a bloke he gets on my nerves a bit.

He needs to lighten the £#%&! up and realise he's a multi millionaire doing a great job.

Unread 03-05-2010, 12:37 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I can't stand people who take themselves too seriously tbh. Roy was a great footballer, but as a bloke he gets on my nerves a bit.

He needs to lighten the £#%&! up and realise he's a multi millionaire doing a great job.
he's doing a shit job tbh

Unread 03-05-2010, 12:40 PM
treme

Quote:
He can because he's Roy Keane.

Unread 03-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
i meant he's not a street sweeper or doing a hard job.
Closed Thread