United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Neville signs a new 1 year contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I was hoping the RB slot would be held by Rafael and Fabio taking it in turns, unless Fabio can actually get the odd game at LB (and stay fit) with experience provided by Brown and O'Shea when required.

Just another body cluttering up the squad, useful or not.

Will probably mean Fabio begins his route out of the club
That was never gonna happen, Rafael has a hell of a lot to learn before he can be a regular and I'm not sure Fabio understands what a defender does, seems to think it's basically the same thing as a winger. That said i expect Rafael to be full time first choice by this time next year.

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
That was never gonna happen, Rafael has a hell of a lot to learn before he can be a regular and I'm not sure Fabio understands what a defender does, seems to think it's basically the same thing as a winger. That said i expect Rafael to be full time first choice by this time next year.
They both have, best way to do it is by playing and I'd rather they were playing here, I really want to see Fabio get a good few games. never going to happen at LB though.

I wouldn't mind the 2 of them making mistakes tbh, but deliberate handballs by 35 year olds boil my piss

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
They both have, best way to do it is by playing and I'd rather they were playing here, I really want to see Fabio get a good few games. never going to happen at LB though.

I wouldn't mind the 2 of them making mistakes tbh, but deliberate handballs by 35 year olds boil my piss
Fabio plays left wing when he plays left back anyway so maybe we could play him on the left back?

To be fair to Rafael he's got 28 games in this season which isn't bad at all for a 19 year old.

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Lok

Quote:

It's the only way they'll learn. Rafael should be playing most games next season. Hopefully Fabio can stay fit and we can play him in the smaller games to give him some experience and to give Evra a rest. Evra played too many games this season and his form has dropped significantly recently because of it.

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Baron

Quote:

I think Fergie has to get Fabio involved next season, Evra has looked absolutely £#%&!ed at the end of the season the last couple of years. His energy up the left side all year coupled with no rotation in comparison to the other side is a bad look for him.

As for Neville.... he's done well tbf the last few months, but he'll only lose more pace next season, I don't see any harm in him being there day in day out to mentor Rafael & help push him on. If we play Neville as first choice, then we are in trouble.

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:25 AM
BigRon

£#%&! sake

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up Re: Neville signs a new 1 year contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I think Fergie has to get Fabio involved next season, Evra has looked absolutely £#%&!ed at the end of the season the last couple of years. His energy up the left side all year coupled with no rotation in comparison to the other side is a bad look for him.

As for Neville.... he's done well tbf the last few months, but he'll only lose more pace next season, I don't see any harm in him being there day in day out to mentor Rafael & help push him on. If we play Neville as first choice, then we are in trouble.
Agree with all of that.

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRon
£#%&! sake
£#%&! of you fat racist Ratnered up scouse @#%&!.

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:31 AM
BigRon

im not a scouser.

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Crumps

Quote:
im not a scouser.
Maybe not but your Mam is.

Boom Boom Pow

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:44 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It is a strange one.

There's no doubting that the guy is a legend and has been fantastic for the club. I also think he's proven his point after coming back from injury after people had written him off. He has been fantastic at times this season (especially City away).

With Giggs and Scholes it wasn't really a problem them getting new contracts because there's still isn't really anyone to replace him. But an extra year for Neville is only going to hold Rafael back. He needs matches badly. He's made a few silly mistakes (Bayern & Spurs) that he probably wouldn't have made if he had a bit more experience.
Yes, that's my problem with it too.

I really *don't* want to see any more maddeningly conservative team selections like we saw against Chelsea recently

Unread 30-04-2010, 12:06 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
im not a scouser.
You £#%&!ing are and your jewellry looks shit.

Unread 30-04-2010, 01:03 PM
BigRon

ok antonin
Closed Thread