Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2010, 10:19 AM
hopkins

Default There's only one Keano

who pissed on his chips?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle409883.html

Quote:
Roy Keane last night stunned Manchester United fans by claiming he has wiped the club from his history and couldn't care less if Chelsea pip them to the title.

The Ipswich Town boss is a legend at Old Trafford and is still adored by the club's fans where he played 479 games over a 12-year period, won seven league titles and donned the captain's armband.

"I'm pretty sure they have wiped me from their history and I have wiped them from mine, so I have no interest whatsoever," he blasted.

"It's pretty scary actually, I have no interest whatsoever - you move on. You always have a little interest in your old team, don't get me wrong, but I'd have that with Rockmount, Cobh, Sunderland, Forest, Celtic, but if you think I'm waiting and hoping they win these trophies I'm not."

And in an apparent swipe at United, Keane added: "I have seen at the business end what these clubs can do to people, so I take that with a pinch of salt.

"I don't have any attachments to these clubs emotionally. I'm relaxed about it and all my priorities are with Ipswich. Clubs I've played for in the past? It's strange but I have very, very little interest."

While Keane's emotional ties are clearly severed at Old Trafford, on a professional basis he reckons the title could still go either way, insisting both United and leaders Chelsea are capable of winning their two remaining games.

Chelsea lead United by a single point and travel to Liverpool on Sunday before hosting Wigan on the final day of the season. United visit Keane's former club Sunderland this weekend before entertaining Stoke at Old Trafford.

And Keane has rubbished the idea that Liverpool will roll over at Anfield and allow Chelsea win just to spite the Red Devils.

"Rubbish," he blasted. "If anyone thinks Liverpool will go out and happily allow their opponents win, they're living in cuckoo-land.

"Chelsea are more than capable of going there, flexing their own muscles and turning them over. Their record is not bad there in terms of league matches.

"But the table at the end of the season wont lie and whoever wins the league wins it. Both team could win their last two games and that means Chelsea will win it - and that would mean very little to me."

Unread 30-04-2010, 10:21 AM
treme

Default Re: There's only one Keano

Still love him tbh. The man can do no wrong in my eyes.

Unread 30-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Ginners

he doesnt seem to care about much tbf

still a legend. my favourite utd player.

Unread 30-04-2010, 10:23 AM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
he doesnt seem to care about much tbf

still a legend. my favourite utd player.
The only thing he seems to really call about is his dog Triggs.

Top dog/red.

Unread 30-04-2010, 10:23 AM
dunk

He's a #@&%!.

Like him or not, he is.

It's what made him the player he was though, so it's hard to criticise, especially if it also makes him the manager he wants to be.

Unread 30-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Zorg

I think he's got some sort of personality disorder tbh.

Fantastic player though.

Unread 30-04-2010, 10:24 AM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's a #@&%!.

Like him or not, he is.

It's what made him the player he was though, so it's hard to criticise, especially if it also makes him the manager he wants to be.
#@&%! is how it is spelt.

If you say bell then end it sounds weird.

#@&%! is one word, one that flows. Bell...end doesn't have the same impact.

Unread 30-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
#@&%! is how it is spelt.

If you say bell then end it sounds weird.

#@&%! is one word, one that flows. Bell...end doesn't have the same impact.
i quite like the pause between bell and end in some situations, sounds bit more emphatic

Unread 30-04-2010, 10:26 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Fantastic player though.
You're not wrong there. He's not right

Unread 30-04-2010, 10:27 AM
forzagarza

I've far more respect for someone who can admit that he doesn't care compared to people who "serve" United whilst the club is falling to bits and don't say a £#%&!ing thing. They are utter @#%&!s.

treme

Roy Keane is, by far, the greatest footballing personality that the world has ever seen.

dunk

Quote:
i quite like the pause between bell and end in some situations, sounds bit more emphatic
That's what I was going for.

Smeggs

all part of keane that, wouldn't have been the player he was without that kind of attitude imho. quite unique and i think he likes to see himself that way. truly great player.

Unread 30-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Pop

I love Keane the player, I'd probably have sex with him tbh perfectly frank, but I wish he'd shut that £#%&!ing mouth of his every so often.

Unread 30-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Dr Gonzo

Perhaps he's realised that he's unlikely to be offered the manager's job at any point in the future ?

Unread 30-04-2010, 12:24 PM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
Perhaps he's realised that he's unlikely to be offered the manager's job at any point in the future ?
I think he blew that when he walked out on Sunderland at the first sign of a decline.

Unread 30-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
i quite like the pause between bell and end in some situations
O'Rly?

Unread 30-04-2010, 12:29 PM
lztom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Fantastic player though.
No question about either of those points.

Unread 30-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Wish he'd shut up.

Unread 30-04-2010, 12:41 PM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Wish he'd shut up.
He is an interesting character. It's a shame that other managers don't just say what they feel in a violent and menacing way.
Closed Thread