United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Sparky***

Default Roy Hodgson

This man HAS to get manager of the year.

He's done a phenomenal job at fulham in the couple of seasons he's been there. Forget moyes, Wenger, O'Neil and all those other managers supposedly working 'miracles' on a shoestring...Hodgson has transformed fulham into something unrecognisable.

Fair £#%&!s to him i say.

Unread 20-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: Roy Hodgson

Benitez for me.

Unread 20-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
This man HAS to get manager of the year.

He's done a phenomenal job at fulham in the couple of seasons he's been there. Forget moyes, Wenger, O'Neil and all those other managers supposedly working 'miracles' on a shoestring...Hodgson has transformed fulham into something unrecognisable.

Fair £#%&!s to him i say.
Couldn't agree more. Always comes across as a top bloke too

Unread 20-03-2010, 05:41 PM
The Return of JC

Talking Re: Roy Hodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Benitez for me.

I bet there's numerous Liverpool fans who genuinely believe that too.

Unread 20-03-2010, 05:42 PM
borsuk

if only we'd had a thread on this the other night

Unread 20-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Benitez for me.
Poor old rafa. He's had a torrid time.

FORCED to sell Alonso to Real Madrid....then FORCED to waste..sorry spend virtually all of it on Aquilani....FORCED to spend 18m on a right back who cant defend...FORCED to play awful, awful football.

God bless that noble man. Walking humbly against the storm.

Unread 20-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
if only we'd had a thread on this the other night
I'm terribly sorry. Perhaps I should have posted something about ginger beer or gay men shopping?

Unread 20-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
I'm terribly sorry. Perhaps I should have posted something about ginger beer or gay men shopping?
Nah, they've been done too

Unread 20-03-2010, 05:47 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Roy Hodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Nah, they've been done too

Unread 20-03-2010, 05:48 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Benitez for me.
Agreed.
The problems that man has had to cope with this season are heartwrenching.

He's had no money to spend - apart from the £20mill on a rightback & £20mill on a central midfielder.

He's had to walk through a storm this season (wipes away tear) ...but he's always held his head high.

The dignity with which he has coped with unprecedented adversity is a lesson to us all.

Unread 20-03-2010, 05:48 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

FORCED to sell Alonso to Real Madrid....then FORCED to waste..sorry spend virtually all of it on Aquilani....FORCED to spend 18m on a right back who cant defend...FORCED to play awful, awful football.

Unread 20-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

The funniest thing about Alonso is that he left partly because Benitez favoured an inferior player. If he'd got Barry it would've been bad enough but he chose City over them

Unread 20-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
The funniest thing about Alonso is that he left partly because Benitez favoured an inferior player. If he'd got Barry it would've been bad enough but he chose City over them
Poor old rafa. He was THAT close to the final piece in his shit-stained jigsaw.

But there you go. That's what happens when you're operating on a shoestring like poor old rafa.

Unread 20-03-2010, 06:07 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Poor old rafa. He was THAT close to the final piece in his shit-stained jigsaw.

But there you go. That's what happens when you're operating on a shoestring like poor old rafa.
A jigsaw that, once completed, is revealed to be a photo of a white piece of paper.

Unread 20-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Agreed.
The problems that man has had to cope with this season are heartwrenching.

He's had no money to spend - apart from the £20mill on a rightback & £20mill on a central midfielder.

He's had to walk through a storm this season (wipes away tear) ...but he's always held his head high.

The dignity with which he has coped with unprecedented adversity is a lesson to us all.
Rafa's learnt a lot, he's put some of Shankly's quotes up around the training ground and as a result he knows to take care when training in the rain, he's learnt the opening verse of YNWA and he's realised the muppets who support him will buy any old bullshit as long as it steeped in sentimentality. God bless Rafa, the greatest United manager we never had.

BTW Hodgson has done a great job. He may not be a fashionable manager like Phil Brown but he's going about it the right way and doesn't come across as a @#%&!.

Unread 20-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Kent Brockman

Quote:

I'm suprised they haven't got that on a banner.

Unread 21-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Grimson

I like Hodgson, and the Juve result was remarkable, but they're in 10th place, 2 points ahead of Stoke. He's not the Manager of the Year.

Unread 21-03-2010, 02:50 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I like Hodgson, and the Juve result was remarkable, but they're in 10th place, 2 points ahead of Stoke. He's not the Manager of the Year.
he is in my opinion.

Unread 21-03-2010, 03:12 AM
Grimson

Quote:
he is in my opinion.
He should have won it last season for sure.

Saying that, they were 7th last season and in Europe. Doesn't look like they will repeat that, so hard to see it going to him.

Unread 21-03-2010, 03:27 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He should have won it last season for sure.

Saying that, they were 7th last season and in Europe. Doesn't look like they will repeat that, so hard to see it going to him.
If he wins the Europa League or whatever it's called he'll get it. Remember how highly Shteve McLaren was thought of for just getting to the final?

Hodgson's not had much to spend and they look like a pretty solid unit. He's probably at about Redknapp's level, never win the big trophies but get a few decent cup runs.
Closed Thread