Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-07-2018, 02:52 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
he'll be able to field a midfield three
he.... wait...... what?!

agree with rest, though, obvs. harsh on king louis.

Unread 19-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Excellent post.

It's only a matter of time now before the implosion. Christ I wish they have a contingency plan.
that's the problem. Regardless of who is coach of the team, I think we can all agree at the hierarchy at the club are a joke and haven't the faintest clue what they're doing.

Unread 19-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Last time I posted a name he was snapped up by PSG...

Going to keep my managerial scouting close to my chest...

Unread 19-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Last time I posted a name he was snapped up by PSG...

Going to keep my managerial scouting close to my chest...
The other German lad pulling up trees at Hoffenheim was wanted by Bayern but he apparently rejected the chance - Nagelsmann, he's only 30 as well

If he has any brains he'll stay away from elite clubs for a bit as well tbh, footballers really are massive #@&%!s.

Unread 19-07-2018, 03:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
The other German lad pulling up trees at Hoffenheim was wanted by Bayern but he apparently rejected the chance - Nagelsmann, he's only 30 as well

If he has any brains he'll stay away from elite clubs for a bit as well tbh, footballers really are massive #@&%!s.
He was in my half a dozen.....

I’ve sent a shortlist to the club...

Unread 19-07-2018, 03:22 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
that's the problem. Regardless of who is coach of the team, I think we can all agree at the hierarchy at the club are a joke and haven't the faintest clue what they're doing.
100%

They'll be all at sea if they have to sack current manager during season.

Unread 19-07-2018, 03:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Without a shadow of a doubt.

We just have to hope they appoint somebody useful at some level by accident at some point..

Unread 19-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
All three managers have failed since Fergie left because they were all shit.
Or maybe it’s a difficult job that takes time to get right.

Quote:
Barca last two managers had bang average records before taking the Barca job, Bayern just appointed Kovac who has a winning percentage below 50% at club level.
Those two clubs could put the tea lady in charge and be relatively successful. It’s slightly more difficult in England.

Quote:
Allowing a coach to come in & coach, not £#%&!ing moaning about his players, know it has nothing to do with his job etc - that is the way football works now. The days of yore are very much £#%&!ing yore.
Something that would have lead to both Fergie and busby turning the job down. A manager isn’t a coach.

It’s blatantly obvious it will be between simeone and pochettino if mourinho leaves in the next year or so. £#%&! knows who it will be 2 or 3 years later if they don’t have us playing like the busby babes straight away.

Unread 19-07-2018, 03:33 PM
utd99

I think it’s probably time to seriously consider the idea that managerial ability is not the constant we imagine, and that actually it’s constantly in flux as the game evolves. What made you good manager ten or fifteen years ago with a certain type and generation of player might actually have become obsolete with this new mamby pamby milennial type. Wenger certainly found that out to his cost.

It appears, from the outside at least, that one of Mourinho’s biggest problems is how to get the best game of of the instagram crowd.

Unread 19-07-2018, 03:34 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Without a shadow of a doubt.

We just have to hope they appoint somebody useful at some level by accident at some point..
you mean like that guy Ribalta from Juve who was supposed to sort out Uniteds scouting / transfer policy?

Unread 19-07-2018, 03:46 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

Something that would have lead to both Fergie and busby turning the job down. A manager isn’t a coach.
I think you missed the point completely.

Nobody is saying the modern structure of a football club should have been applied in the 50s or 80s

Unread 19-07-2018, 04:15 PM
saffers

You can choose to remember the 2nd half of this season for the dreadful away trips to newcastle and spurs and the shameful cl exit or you can remember our good wins vs all of the top 4, several comebacks(two of them from 2-0 down).

Theres more than enough there in the last two years to be hopeful of even more improvement this season. We will be better for having had mou at the helm. Nqat.

Unread 19-07-2018, 04:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
you mean like that guy Ribalta from Juve who was supposed to sort out Uniteds scouting / transfer policy?

Oh wow.

Unread 19-07-2018, 04:26 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

Nobody is saying the modern structure of a football club should have been applied in the 50s or 80s
You never want another Busby or Fergie then? The fundamental truth doesn’t change. A manager needs the power to do the job, and this means choosing the players he will be managing.

I think the first team manager should be just that. Every other team within the club should be run by a general manager, such as Butt. The first team, including the choosing of players to buy for the first team, should be under the power of the first team manager. And that seems to be the structure of the club as it is now anyway. We just need a better negotiator instead of Woodward.

Unread 19-07-2018, 04:29 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
You can choose to remember the 2nd half of this season for the dreadful away trips to newcastle and spurs and the shameful cl exit or you can remember our good wins vs all of the top 4, several comebacks(two of them from 2-0 down).

Theres more than enough there in the last two years to be hopeful of even more improvement this season. We will be better for having had mou at the helm. Nqat.
Is it not fair to judge the season as a whole... felt regressive no? We played less attractive & attacking football as we went, meaning the early doors stuff was either worked out as being too simple tactically, or Mou got less adventurous & restricted us. Sevilla was genuinely disgusting, and nothing can excuse it.

I'm as happy as the next fan to find reasons to be positive if it actually exists, but history & my own eyes tell me this is going south in the not too distant future. However, I do acknowledge, freely, that we are a lot better than when he took over. I just can't see him following it through, he doesn't hang about and he's hardly committed personally is he? Hotel & family etc. Come on...

Unread 19-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
You never want another Busby or Fergie then? The fundamental truth doesn’t change. A manager needs the power to do the job, and this means choosing the players he will be managing.

I think the first team manager should be just that. Every other team within the club should be run by a general manager, such as Butt. The first team, including the choosing of players to buy for the first team, should be under the power of the first team manager. And that seems to be the structure of the club as it is now anyway. We just need a better negotiator instead of Woodward.
Are you saying Ferguson and Busby were both exactly the same in the way they ran things? Because you’d be wrong if so.

Unread 19-07-2018, 04:42 PM
saffers

Quote:
Is it not fair to judge the season as a whole... felt regressive no? We played less attractive & attacking football as we went, meaning the early doors stuff was either worked out as being too simple tactically, or Mou got less adventurous & restricted us. Sevilla was genuinely disgusting, and nothing can excuse it.

I'm as happy as the next fan to find reasons to be positive if it actually exists, but history & my own eyes tell me this is going south in the not too distant future. However, I do acknowledge, freely, that we are a lot better than when he took over. I just can't see him following it through, he doesn't hang about and he's hardly committed personally is he? Hotel & family etc. Come on...
A lot of this is unchartered territory, both for us and for mou. Hard to say with cerainty what comes next.

Would anyone really be shocked if we suddenly posted 90+ pts and won the league? We're not that far away from it despite the doom. A lot of shite in this league.

Unread 19-07-2018, 04:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
A lot of this is unchartered territory, both for us and for mou. Hard to say with cerainty what comes next.

Would anyone really be shocked if we suddenly posted 90+ pts and won the league? We're not that far away from it despite the doom. A lot of shite in this league.
Absolutely £#%&!ing stunned. We're miles away from it, despite the shite in this league.

Unread 19-07-2018, 04:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Absolutely shocked to the core.

Currently wondering if we’ll make top 4.

Unread 19-07-2018, 04:55 PM
jem

Quote:

(a) 1940s
(b) busby's top to bottom approach wasn't typical then.

still... your basic point that things change and jd is talking %@#$&!s holds.
Closed Thread