United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-11-2006, 09:24 AM
dakpul

Default Neville should be stripped of his captaincy

If this is true

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...cted+Saha+miss

Why not be a captain and tell him he's not taking it??

Unread 22-11-2006, 09:36 AM
MakeBelieve

Bit poor of Gary if true. Everone knew he'd miss it, Rooney or Ronaldo should have made more of a protest to take it. I reckon Saha would have let someone else take it, he didn't look at all confident.

Unread 22-11-2006, 09:40 AM
denis lawless

we havent had a proper captain since Keane left...

the only thing Gary N does that i like is the cold stare into the distance in the tunnel and none of this kissy huggy with the other captain......be even that doesnt convince me its genuine

i remember a time not that long ago when we had 11 captains on the pitch [SIZE="1"](i cant believe i just typed that)

Unread 22-11-2006, 09:44 AM
S/Side.Red

It's a bit stupid of Neville to say it - but does Lennon really need to make it public?

It was blatantly obvious that Neville and Ronaldo had no faith in Saha, though. Both went up to him and had long talks with him while he was setting it.

It was crazy for him to have taken it after the previous miss.

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:09 AM
The Watcher

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's a bit stupid of Neville to say it - but does Lennon really need to make it public?

It was blatantly obvious that Neville and Ronaldo had no faith in Saha, though. Both went up to him and had long talks with him while he was setting it.

It was crazy for him to have taken it after the previous miss.
If Nevile had no faith in Saha, he should have told him he aint taking it. That is the captains job after all. Saha's a good player. But after bottling a one on one with the keeper only a few minutes before, it was obvious that he'd miss. What's the point of telling the oppo Captain that his "head has gone". Go and do something about it you £#%&!ing @#%&!!

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
If Nevile had no faith in Saha, he should have told him he aint taking it. That is the captains job after all. Saha's a good player. But after bottling a one on one with the keeper only a few minutes before, it was obvious that he'd miss. What's the point of telling the oppo Captain that his "head has gone". Go and do something about it you £#%&!ing @#%&!!
Absomotha£#%&!inlutely.

I'd even give it to Rio ahead of that mongchild.

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Stickman

Thats not good, your captian saying that sort of thing to the opposition.

What is it with us midweek, great at weekends and toothless through the week!

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:18 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Possibly the most idiotic part from Neville's end is that he actually delayed the kick by getting into something with Gravesen on the edge of the area that distracted the ref and caused a good 20-second delay. Why didn't he just leave it alone and walk somewhere else?

He thinks he'll miss - so he disrupts the pen and makes him wait longer. Genius.

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:23 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
Absomotha£#%&!inlutely.

I'd even give it to Rio ahead of that mongchild.
If Rio had been captain last night and made the same decision, this thread would be 100+ pages with folk demanding he be sold in January!

I agree with dakpal. Neville showed he'd too afraid to make big decisions during the game. It's all very well trying to imitate the Keano stare in the tunnel, but when it comes down to it, he bottled it, just like Saha.

I just can't get my head round the fact that he knew Saha would miss, but let him take it anyway. Pathetic.

Great player, shit captain.

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:23 AM
puressence

ferdinand ..£#%&! off

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:37 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Possibly the most idiotic part from Neville's end is that he actually delayed the kick by getting into something with Gravesen on the edge of the area that distracted the ref and caused a good 20-second delay. Why didn't he just leave it alone and walk somewhere else?

He thinks he'll miss - so he disrupts the pen and makes him wait longer. Genius.
ive never been convinced by neville as captain...

rio is the obvious choice....

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Rhodzy

vidic for captain, makes terry look like a racist 12 year old girl

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:46 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
rio is the obvious choice....
He wouldn't be much better. Has to be Rooney. If he'd had the armband last night, he'd have £#%&!ed Saha off and taken it himself

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:46 AM
ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakpul
If this is true

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...cted+Saha+miss

Why not be a captain and tell him he's not taking it??

I would imagine that if this is true then Ferguson will certainly give him shit. I believe he will stay on as captain and will have learnt his lesson

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:49 AM
puressence

neville should have had the capt taken from him after giving that fan shit at old trafford last season ..big mouthed £#%&!er off the pitch and quiet as a £#%&!ing mouse on it

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:52 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
neville should have had the capt taken from him after giving that fan shit at old trafford last season ..big mouthed £#%&!er off the pitch and quiet as a £#%&!ing mouse on it
i agree.

the stupid stare he does in the tunnel is almost embarassing just like his mostuache.

taking nothing of him as a player but he definately is not a captain...

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
i agree.

the stupid stare he does in the tunnel is almost embarassing just like his mostuache.

i also hate the massive dint in the middle of his head

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:55 AM
puressence

Quote:
i agree.

agreed . as a capt you are meant to lead the team . like you said as a player hes been brilliant for utd .but capt never .

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Cantona's collar

Neville is only captain by default and this incident proves he couldn't captain a canoe, what a £#%&!ing sad state of affairs when the captain of Manchester United decides that instead of making a captains decision he would rather discuss the issue with an opposition player.
I remember Keano telling Forlan to £#%&! off a few years ago and that's what Neville should of done, give the captaincy to Rooney at least he's got the %@#$&!s to make a decision

Unread 22-11-2006, 11:01 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
I remember Keano telling Forlan to £#%&! off a few years ago and that's what Neville should of done, give the captaincy to Rooney at least he's got the %@#$&!s to make a decision
I remember that. Practically all of OT wanted Forlan to take it. But Keane was having none of it. He just wanted to win the Match. A proper Captain, sadly missed.
Closed Thread