United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That pass from Rooney was bizarrely shit. He just gently gave it directly to one of theirs. Is his eyesight going?
The lot of them have been shit, apart from Dave

Square pegs in round holes and a formation that everyone apart from LVG can see doesnt £#%&!ing work

4-4-2

Swap Di Maria and Rooney around, Mata off and Herrera on

Sparky***

Di maria makes jose antonio reyes look like Mark Hughes. £#%&!ing hell if it's not completely obvious that the man shouldn't be up front, the half a dozen times he tamely loses the ball with his back to goal should be a dead giveaway.

I have no idea what we gain from this system at the moment other than benign possession.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Why is Di Maria being asked to play with his back to goal?
Absolute £#%&!ing madness

Dasilvatwins

if he wants to persist with this shit 352 atleast get a proper CM ( herrera in for mata) and switch rooney and di maria, £#%&! me these tactics are really beginning to piss me off

believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
One last big pay day and he does not give a shit, buy players willy nilly, ignore the positions where we really need strengthening, play the newly acquired players out of position, yeah he's a sum alright and I am getting tired of this shite.
He won a European cup in 1995 tbf

General Woundwort

If we lose this I reckon the server will melt.

Not sure why LVG sets out to make the afternoon as comfortable as possible for the opposition. May as well have invited Redknapp to set up our team.

Coracao

A disgrace so far.

A formation that clearly does not suit us.

Rooney in midfield. Di Maria up front. Herrera on the bench. Foul throws. Jones taking corners. Woeful passing. One of our best passers of the ball at wing back, despite him being slow as £#%&!.

1 effort on goal against next to bottom. Zero in a full game against Southampton. 1 (?) in the first half against Yeovil.

Absolutely woeful stuff. We are worse to watch than we were last season and the tactical set up, player selection and substitutions are at time incomprehensible.

I actually seriously doubt Giggs would be doing any worse if he was given the job. At least he'd try and win games late on :shakehead:

Unread 17-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Sloane

im bored

TripDownMiseryLane

The rooney MF selection has 2 massive impacts, we lose one of the best no 9 in the game and get one of the most ordinary(being kind) central MFders in the league:shakehead: why the £#%&!ety £#%&! can't LvG see this. and as for ADM playing with his back to goal and hardly any ball:shakehead:

Christ utd are witless

marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Beyond embarrassing that 45, pass sideways... Repeat, go back, hoof it, get caught with a straight ball & panic, pass it & repeat.

Dogshit.
he has had this group of players since July and I can't see any sort of style of play coming through!

Baron

Rooney's been horrific ffs, some passes literally straight to the oppo. I'd sub him.

Mata, Di Maria & Valencia equally as appalling with their use of the ball.

Di Maria up front is an absolute holocaust of a decision. Idiotic.

VodkaAndCoke

Utterly £#%&!.

Most expensive squad in premier league history

Unread 17-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Alan

Calm down lads. This system is bound to work sooner or later. The fact that nobody else has used it here with any success is irrelevant because vG was successful with something similar 20 years ago in another league

atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Not even getting in to this but aside from de gea, he's been the least worse player once again. Absolute £#%&!ing embarrassment again from the same names.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Rooney's been horrific ffs, some passes literally straight to the oppo. I'd sub him.

Mata, Di Maria & Valencia equally as appalling with their use of the ball.

Di Maria up front is an absolute holocaust of a decision. Idiotic.
Put him up £#%&!ing front for £#%&!ing £#%&!s sake

Unread 17-01-2015, 04:55 PM
andyroo

£#%&!'s sake Van Gaal

General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

1 effort on goal against next to bottom.
3 actually

Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
One last big pay day and he does not give a shit, buy players willy nilly, ignore the positions where we really need strengthening, play the newly acquired players out of position, yeah he's a sum alright and I am getting tired of this shite.
Got rid of Nani, Hernandez, Welbeck and Kagawa in one summer, basically all the pace and variation amongst the attacking group. You can make arguments against all those players but the balance in the current attacking group is chronically bad and there are a lack of options on the bench.

Unread 17-01-2015, 04:56 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
he has had this group of players since July and I can't see any sort of style of play coming through!
Thats because you are a £#%&!ing blue @#%&!

Unread 17-01-2015, 04:56 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
if he wants to persist with this shit 352 atleast get a proper CM ( herrera in for mata) and switch rooney and di maria, £#%&! me these tactics are really beginning to piss me off
And some wingbacks who can run and cross would be great tbf. And some centre backs obv.