United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-08-2011, 03:00 AM
fred tissue

Default Manchester United fans hit back at CEO David Gill's defence of Glazer family's ownership

Fans labelled as 'anti-people' by Manchester United chief executive David Gill have launched a furious defence of their opposition to the Glazer family's ownership of the club.

More...

Unread 01-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: Manchester United fans hit back at CEO David Gill's defence of Glazer family's ownership

So according to Drasdo, Gill is being disingenuous in talking up United's unprecedented levels of current success because:

Quote:
...success on the pitch isn't the issue here and never has been.
However, if that is true then maybe this Drasdo #@&%! would care to use one of his soap box moments to explain why success on the pitch was at the very core of the anti-Glazer propaganda in the months immediately before and after the takeover?

The fact is that success on the pitch was supposedly going to dry up as the club was asset-stripped to pay off the debt. 6 years down the line we see the bond issue fully taken up, the piks paid in full and the ronaldo money twice over sat sitting there on the balance sheet. Success on the pitch is neither because of nor in spite of the owners. But it is true that they have not prevented Ferguson from renewing any player contracts. And they have not, it seems, prevented him buying the players he has gone after. Nor has he been hamstrung by an unwritten ceiling on player wages quite as much as he was under the plc. The criticism that United have not been throwing money at the transfer market in the same way as Chelsea, Real and City is valid - but it is pretty much a minority who point at that as a criticism.

The harsh reality is that you didn't need to be told by MUST or IMUSA that the takeover was a licence to print money for the finance industry. And you didn't need to be told by anybody that the "anti-people" Gill talks of were wide of the mark, albeit their hearts were in the right place.

Interesting to note that there is still no acknowledgement from Drasdo that it's not actually the Glazers that have siphoned hundreds of millions out of the club but - on paper - the finance industry. He is not alone up to now in failing also to find the black-hole that some of that money must surely to £#%&!ing god be getting cleaned in?

Nibble.

Unread 01-08-2011, 02:06 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Default Re: Manchester United fans hit back at CEO David Gill's defence of Glazer family's ownership

“Nick, you know that if I wasn’t in the position I’m in, I would be behind the barricades with you”

Unread 01-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Manchester

MUST get right on my wick! They've got themselves into a position whereby they could influence the fans, yet they don't use it. They're mard arses, and in my opinion, they should call for a boycott. I'm sure season ticket holders will forego one match, just to show the power of what can be achieved by the fans.

Unread 01-08-2011, 02:16 PM
forwardirektion

Gills a liar and a @#%&!, Drasdo is an idiot, I'm an anti person.

I'm not giving some monged @#%&! and his weird children the opportunity to buy united with my money.

Don't agree with leveraged buy outs, would've been a hypocrite to keep going. My personal views are more important to me than united. Can see why millions of people don't give a £#%&! as well though. If I hadn't read a load of anti capitalist literature in my formative years I probably wouldn't give a £#%&! either.

*Sits back down with my starbucks latte, iphone and well thumbed copy of No Logo*

It's all a load of %@#$&!s tbf.

Unread 01-08-2011, 05:48 PM
bobbledinho

It's all irrelevant. There's an imminent takeover.

:shakehead:

Unread 01-08-2011, 05:59 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
It's all irrelevant. There's an imminent takeover.:shakehead:
and Joey Barton will be the owners first big signing...

Unread 01-08-2011, 08:07 PM
eusker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
So according to Drasdo, Gill is being disingenuous in talking up United's unprecedented levels of current success because:

However, if that is true then maybe this Drasdo #@&%! would care to use one of his soap box moments to explain why success on the pitch was at the very core of the anti-Glazer propaganda in the months immediately before and after the takeover?

The fact is that success on the pitch was supposedly going to dry up as the club was asset-stripped to pay off the debt. 6 years down the line we see the bond issue fully taken up, the piks paid in full and the ronaldo money twice over sat sitting there on the balance sheet. Success on the pitch is neither because of nor in spite of the owners. But it is true that they have not prevented Ferguson from renewing any player contracts. And they have not, it seems, prevented him buying the players he has gone after. Nor has he been hamstrung by an unwritten ceiling on player wages quite as much as he was under the plc. The criticism that United have not been throwing money at the transfer market in the same way as Chelsea, Real and City is valid - but it is pretty much a minority who point at that as a criticism.

The harsh reality is that you didn't need to be told by MUST or IMUSA that the takeover was a licence to print money for the finance industry. And you didn't need to be told by anybody that the "anti-people" Gill talks of were wide of the mark, albeit their hearts were in the right place.

Interesting to note that there is still no acknowledgement from Drasdo that it's not actually the Glazers that have siphoned hundreds of millions out of the club but - on paper - the finance industry. He is not alone up to now in failing also to find the black-hole that some of that money must surely to £#%&!ing god be getting cleaned in?

Nibble.
Ticket prices & Michael Owen.

Unread 01-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusker
feel free to elaborate

Unread 01-08-2011, 08:14 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusker
this

Unread 01-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
this needs a bit of flesh on it
exactly. utterly fanciful to even pretend that ferguson never wanted owen at united for a start off...

the ticket pricing question is particularly interesting. i know that one or two seem to be keen to put forward the notion that the interest payments could've covered a price freeze or even a reduction in ticket prices. this of course is even more fanciful than pretending ferguson doesn't rate owen...

Unread 01-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Withers

Quote:
exactly. utterly fanciful to even pretend that ferguson never wanted owen at united for a start off...

the ticket pricing question is particularly interesting. i know that one or two seem to be keen to put forward the notion that the interest payments could've covered a price freeze or even a reduction in ticket prices. this of course is even more fanciful than pretending ferguson doesn't rate owen...
Only in the fact that it would never happen, not in the fact that it is absolutely true that it could've. Which is more factual than pretending Ferguson would buy Owen whatever his budget may have been.

You are being utterly fanciful here throb.

Unread 01-08-2011, 09:46 PM
wonky no

it doesn't matter how dear the tickets are.

what matters is, as fans we paid into our 'club' now we're paying a dwarfs debt who has absolutley no problem with £#%&!ing us up if it all goes the way of the souness.

Unread 01-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Only in the fact that it would never happen, not in the fact that it is absolutely true that it could've. Which is more factual than pretending Ferguson would buy Owen whatever his budget may have been.

You are being utterly fanciful here throb.
nah, i think you're wrong...

owen arrived into a side that already had two 30 million pound strikers, and the prospect of macheda and particularly welbeck to come

then last summer a 6 million pound striker was added

and this summer owen's contract is renewed

owen may not have been a particular target, but he was exactly the type of player - proven goalscorer, desperate to prove himself, experienced at the very highest level, bound to be fairly content with being a reserve etc etc - that Ferguson needed in the squad, and still needs in the squad.

owen fits very well with Ferguson's transfer history at United. you only need to go back to the 06/07 to see henrik larsson as a good example

Unread 01-08-2011, 10:51 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
nah, i think you're wrong...

owen arrived into a side that already had two 30 million pound strikers, and the prospect of macheda and particularly welbeck to come

then last summer a 6 million pound striker was added

and this summer owen's contract is renewed

owen may not have been a particular target, but he was exactly the type of player - proven goalscorer, desperate to prove himself, experienced at the very highest level, bound to be fairly content with being a reserve etc etc - that Ferguson needed in the squad, and still needs in the squad.

owen fits very well with Ferguson's transfer history at United. you only need to go back to the 06/07 to see henrik larsson as a good example

Well he's certainly an example.

Unread 01-08-2011, 10:51 PM
andyroo

Oh FFS. The Glazers have done far, far worse things than Michael Owen.

Unread 01-08-2011, 11:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Oh FFS. The Glazers have done far, far worse things than Michael Owen
I agree, but the way in which the Scouse dwarf has divided our support is still fairly dismal

Unread 02-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I agree, but the way in which the Scouse dwarf has divided our support is still fairly dismal
don't see how he's divided it tbh

virtually everyone still just sees the self-satisfied little @#%&! that played for the vermin and did ronnie johnsen and always will...

as he has proved even in his time at United - 1st season airshots aside - he is still a brilliant finisher though

Unread 02-08-2011, 08:20 AM
MUFC One Love

If the Glazers were not here I don't think we'd be in the situation we are now with the midfield, both Giggs' and Scholes' replacements would have been here for 1-2 years now. Of course I can't prove that so Throb talk some shit but you'd be naive to think they haven't affected out transfers.

Unread 02-08-2011, 09:08 AM
red red robbo

I'm pretty certain we let Pique go to keep the wage bill down and without him Barca would not have found those two Champions League finals quite so easy. So if it weren't for the glazer @#%&!s we'd have matched Liverpool's European cup haul by now

Well, maybe ;-)
Closed Thread