United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:03 PM
NegativeNorris

Good performance that, especially pleased for Martial and Pogba, I thought they were both fantastic.
Martial looked more like a top centre forward today than Lukaku has all season for us. Touch, pace, movement and finish. All things Tony has that Lukaku doesn't have.

I also managed my first poo since the 27th tonight. It looked like a big chocolate cake.

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He was ok. Still a few spooned clearances and £#%&!y 40 yard shots.

The problem is not that he doesn't play well. He's consistently decent. The issue is he's a £#%&!ing clumsy and reckless bastard who could do something alarmingly stupid at any moment.
Yes he can & no doubt will soon enough but he didn't today

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
Good performance that, especially pleased for Martial and Pogba, I thought they were both fantastic.
Martial looked more like a top centre forward today than Lukaku has all season for us. Touch, pace, movement and finish. All things Tony has that Lukaku doesn't have.

I also managed my first poo since the 27th tonight. It looked like a big chocolate cake.
Not sure I agree pal
Had a great chance early from a nice pass by Herrera of all people but poor touch let him down. Goal saved him.

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:21 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris

Agreed. That was a much improved performance, especially in the second half. Pogba was excellent in midfield with his creativity and passing range and for creating both of the assists for United's goals. They were both cracking goals too.

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:55 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
You wanted our greatest ever manager fired before he went on to do a league and CL double and breaking Liverpool’s title record.

Your opinion means nothing.
Never saw a team Sir Matt managed

Unread 01-01-2018, 09:11 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Mourinho set the team up so well & the players performed.

I have been very critical of Shaw but he was good & starting to look like the player he was before the leg break. I doubted he had the heart to get back there but hopefully proving me wrong

Pogba was immense & as much as I like him in the box to box role, he does seem to play his best football on the left of a midfield 3.

Rojo another I have slaughtered recently but he was really good today.

A very good performance all round .
Disagree re Shaw - looks nothing like the lad who joined us (part of it may be down to instruction) but never or rarely goes on the overlap or round full back - think he did it once today in second half - has an absolute shit load more to do

Unread 01-01-2018, 10:14 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
To be fair to pure there’s no conclusive evidence he wanted fergie out

Unread 01-01-2018, 10:19 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
they lost to bournemouth 2 days ago

Quote:
to be fair to pure there’s no conclusive evidence he wanted fergie out

Unread 01-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Ethers

Quote:
To be fair to pure there’s no conclusive evidence he wanted fergie out
Very good

Unread 01-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Mourinho on transfers: “Honestly I don’t know. Do we improve our team now or wait until the summer? It is something I cannot say.”
Clearly desperate for signings TONIGHT.

That £#%&!ing little nonce Edward better step up. And throw a new contract at Mou while he's at it.

Shit or get off the pot, Teddy. Shit now.

Unread 01-01-2018, 11:32 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Really enjoyable second half and a nice change from having our creative players not trying to serve up our 6ft 2 plus lumps with sitters.

Unread 01-01-2018, 11:45 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Clearly desperate for signings TONIGHT.

That £#%&!ing little nonce Edward better step up. And throw a new contract at Mou while he's at it.

Shit or get off the pot, Teddy. Shit now.
I feel a “no value” phase coming - reckon Jose does, too

Unread 02-01-2018, 02:11 AM
MagnificentSeven

it was the case under van gaal and it's the case under jose. 4-3-3 is a formation that suits us perfectly.

Unread 02-01-2018, 05:04 AM
shenwen

Storming second half, aside from ten minutes or so when I thought we had lost our arse again. Pogba Even with the odd mistake, just love watching him play.

Most interesting was our refusal to throw in crosses. Almost the opposite of previous games. Solely down to the absence of Lukaku? If so, kind of hope he is out for a few more games. Much more incisive football, especially down the left.

Unread 02-01-2018, 05:40 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Storming second half, aside from ten minutes or so when I thought we had lost our arse again. Pogba Even with the odd mistake, just love watching him play.

Most interesting was our refusal to throw in crosses. Almost the opposite of previous games. Solely down to the absence of Lukaku? If so, kind of hope he is out for a few more games. Much more incisive football, especially down the left.

Might’ve had words behind closed doors?

Unread 02-01-2018, 09:03 AM
Wellinever

Pogba down the left hand side, opponents final third, was unplayable second half, oh why can't it always be like this?

Unread 02-01-2018, 09:18 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
Pogba down the left hand side, opponents final third, was unplayable second half, oh why can't it always be like this?
because we cant play a horseshit Everton every week

Unread 02-01-2018, 09:42 AM
shenwen

Pogba has played that inside left position several times and always looks very comfortable. It won't last though. Mourinho too stubborn to play his players in their best positions.

Mention also for Mata last night. Though he played well. Similar to last few games, he was - surprisingly - one of the few players to play with some urgency.

Unread 02-01-2018, 10:14 AM
redhegemony

Some lovely fluid stuff - looked like a plan to overload the left.

The back four all played well - Jones stepped forward with purpose Rojo pinged some lovely passes Shaw was involved and looking for the ball and Lindelof is a proper passer - looks very cultured.

That back 4 plus Bailly and Valencia looks decent though Rojo needs to become a bit less mental.

A replacement for Herrera and possibly an upgrade on Mata and it's starting to look more like a team.

Unread 02-01-2018, 10:54 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Some lovely fluid stuff - looked like a plan to overload the left.

The back four all played well - Jones stepped forward with purpose Rojo pinged some lovely passes Shaw was involved and looking for the ball and Lindelof is a proper passer - looks very cultured.

That back 4 plus Bailly and Valencia looks decent though Rojo needs to become a bit less mental.

A replacement for Herrera and possibly an upgrade on Mata and it's starting to look more like a team.
Yeah Rojo and Lindelof looked great against Oumar Niasse and Dominic Calvert Lewin, if only we could stop playing teams with decent strikers they could look better than what we had before they arrived every week.

Unread 02-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
because we cant play a horseshit Everton every week
This.

The next kick in the %@#$&!s is never too far away with this lot.