United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread
 
Old 22-05-2016, 09:30 AM
redhegemony
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
His limitations are clear to see but the second yellow was a sacrifice akin to Ole's vs Newcastle.
He didn't need to rush into him - he doesn't think quickly enough.
 
Old 22-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Denis Irwell
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Our problem isn't smalling - it's the constant 1v1 defensive situations we leave our defenders in. Bolaise and Zaha isolated our full backs time after time. We have no defensive minded midfielders to help. You push your centre backs up so they're in the other teams half and you put immense pressure on them to win every challenge or you're fucked on the break.

This is a team problem not just smalling.
Southern softarse sympathy alert

Good job it wasn't Bojak
 
Old 22-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Tumescent Throb
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
His limitations are clear to see but the second yellow was a sacrifice akin to Ole's vs Newcastle.
well according to the bbc his 1st one stopped an actual goal
 
Old 22-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Tiberian
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
well according to the bbc his 1st one stopped an actual goal
Red card then.

No excuse for his decision making, but physically he has dropped a level over the season. I do not know if he is carrying an injury, or more probably the strain of starting 55 games when his previous high was early 30's, but he is not moving as smoothly or winning the physical duels as easily.

Could do with a rest in the Summer.
 
Old 22-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Tumescent Throb
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Red card then.

No excuse for his decision making, but physically he has dropped a level over the season. I do not know if he is carrying an injury, or more probably the strain of starting 55 games when his previous high was early 30's, but he is not moving as smoothly or winning the physical duels as easily.

Could do with a rest in the Summer.
hope he plays 2 games a day then.
 
Old 22-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Grimson
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
His limitations are clear to see but the second yellow was a sacrifice akin to Ole's vs Newcastle.
He had Blind covering 20 yards behind him

 
Old 22-05-2016, 04:31 PM
browser
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He had Blind covering 20 yards behind him

...in a 1 v 2 situation.

Took one for the team nqat
 
Old 22-05-2016, 04:36 PM
Grimson
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
...in a 1 v 2 situation.
60 yards from goal, with the player ostensibly in possession still struggling to get to his feet and another defender just two steps behind him recovering, and the world's best goalkeeper waiting.

I'd take that situation and play on with 11 players any day.
 
Old 22-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Tumescent Throb
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
60 yards from goal, with the player ostensibly in possession still struggling to get to his feet and another defender just two steps behind him recovering, and the world's best goalkeeper waiting.

I'd take that situation and play on with 11 players any day.
it's the most ridiculously amateurish professional foul i've ever seen, especially in a major game anyway.
 
Old 22-05-2016, 04:59 PM
utd99
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it's the most ridiculously amateurish professional foul i've ever seen, especially in a major game anyway.
He's a dimwit. His one on one defending has improved, but it's only one aspect of a centre back's game, the rest doesn't read very well. Unintelligent, awful on the ball and a terrible organiser.

Not good enough I'm afraid.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Smallingbauer
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Smallingbauer waynes ear's Off Topic 8 25-08-2011 07:57 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.