United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-10-2012, 12:50 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
No, it's a fully paid-up SoS/RAWK member who claims to be a 'playwright' (MOTWYW) sat in a pub on his jack, who burst into a poem, finishing it with a swig of a pint of Fosters with a minging frothy head
Him swigging it at the end - the look of "Yes, I really am £#%&!ing ace." was superb.

Doesn't need a job, he's got his poems, RAWK and his mental illness.

Unread 13-10-2012, 01:01 AM
tatty

If Rodgers had done this docu after winning a few trophies his methods (despite being %@#$&!s) would be being hailed as a blueprint for 21st century football management.

As it is, i find myself watching through my fingers it's that excruciating.

Unread 13-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
If Rodgers had done this docu after winning a few trophies his methods (despite being %@#$&!s) would be being hailed as a blueprint for 21st century football management.

That half-time talk

Absolutely zero tactical instruction, just a mention that the full-backs might push on

Nearly as disturbing as his post match talk but that involved Carragher in a pair of grey underpants so that one wins

Unread 13-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

That's what gets me too. Every time he talks to the camera, he all but says, "Here's why I'm so successful" before each platitude/management speak nonsense.

He's not very successful.

Unread 13-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
That's what gets me too. Every time he talks to the camera, he all but says, "Here's why I'm so successful" before each platitude/management speak nonsense.

He's not very successful.
''But success can be judged on only one thing :stubbyfinger: Trophies

Well, and being seen to 'do well' with somebody else's team :evenstubbierfinger:

And the being hired as second choice by a fallen 'giant' you can count on the being hired as second choice by a fallen 'giant' :slightlylessstubbyfingerbutwithawoodenringonit:

Those 3 things, Trophies, doing well with somebody else's team and being hired as second choice by a fallen 'giant' make the one thing you can judge success on!''

''Raheem! Raheem! If I hear you mention Reading again you're on the fursht plane oot of here ya hear!?''

Cut to Raheem Sterling looking confused because he had been talking to jay spearing about bedding another bird hoping for his 4th kid

Unread 13-10-2012, 01:58 AM
waynes ear's

i hope he dies under a wall of scouse phlegm

after we take another 3 points off them and condemn them to relegation obviously

murdering scouse @#%&!s

Unread 13-10-2012, 02:47 AM
utd99

I think the names in the envelopes are Stewart Downing, Joe Cole and Stewart Downing.

Unread 13-10-2012, 03:19 AM
rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I think the names in the envelopes are Stewart Downing, Joe Cole and Stewart Downing.
didnt fergie use that one in about 1993?

Unread 13-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
Yeh he did when he allowed videos into the dressing room - 'never again' he said later. He talked about it in his autobiography and said something like 'ach there was never a name in the envelope except my own pol'

Unread 13-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Pop

Has the series ended? Think I might downlad them today seeing as there's £#%&! all else on.

Unread 13-10-2012, 08:33 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Has the series ended? Think I might downlad them today seeing as there's £#%&! all else on.
The last one goes up to the Arsenal game apparently.

Unread 13-10-2012, 08:34 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
I don't think so, Downing has never played for us.

Not sure about the others

Unread 13-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
Yeh he did when he allowed videos into the dressing room - 'never again' he said later. He talked about it in his autobiography and said something like 'ach there was never a name in the envelope except my own pol'
Wondered where pol came from.

Unread 13-10-2012, 11:35 AM
shenwen

Jus popped on rawk. This one actually has them divided. Best exchange: "this show makes us look stupid given the shit start we have had". The response from one? "Ah, but if we had won all our owning games it would have undermined Brendan's long term philosophy. By the season's end it will all make sense."

They just can't accept it can they?

And in other news, shelby is twice the player cleverley is, based on his cameo last night, because he plays more long passes.

Unread 13-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

£#%&!ing hell, they would argue the sky was green on RAWK if somebody who once worked for Liverpool said it was

This because somebody said they didn't think it was healthy to gorge on muffins and chocolate immediately post-match:

Nobody is in a position to say that except for the person who prepared the food though. It totally depends on where the food was sourced and how it was prepared. Secondly, some things in football are a calculated risk. For a top athlete, the so-called unhealthy additives, when taken in moderation, have less of an effect on a top athlete than on a normal person. So it's a calculated risk. However, I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions unless I knew where the food was sourced and how it was prepared. You could be right and it could be Tesco shite. Or it could be hand-made with fresh organic ingredients. We don't know enough to criticise the quality of the food. What is wrong, though, is to criticise the presence of it. It is a perfectly acceptable form of recovery food for top athletes, and is used in a range of transition sports.

His Uruguayan wife is a top sports dietician

Unread 13-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling

This because somebody said they didn't think it was healthy to gorge on muffins and chocolate immediately post-match
:
I did think it was a bit odd when their absolute @#%&! of a chef said that they give the players chocolate and muffins after games "to replace all the electrolytes and that".

Sounded a bit odd.

Same bloke claimed that they fed Scouse to the foreign players "because it's the national dish and all that".

Unread 13-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
I did think it was a bit odd when their absolute @#%&! of a chef said that they give the players chocolate and muffins after games "to replace all the electrolytes and that".

Sounded a bit odd.

Same bloke claimed that they fed Scouse to the foreign players "because it's the national dish and all that".

Plate o'scouse

what the £#%&!?

Unread 13-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Plate o'scouse

what the £#%&!?
Aside from the obvious, the thing that strikes me about the show is that every single one of the backroom staff thinks they're a real £#%&!ing character.

The coach driver, the chef, the bloke who opens the gate at Melwood, the bloke who's job it is to raise the Liverpool flag. They all think they're some sort of comedian/celebrity.

@#%&!s to a man.

Unread 13-10-2012, 12:33 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Aside from the obvious, the thing that strikes me about the show is that every single one of the backroom staff thinks they're a real £#%&!ing character.

The coach driver, the chef, the bloke who opens the gate at Melwood, the bloke who's job it is to raise the Liverpool flag. They all think they're some sort of comedian/celebrity.

@#%&!s to a man.
Spot on that - they all have to reeeeeeeeeeally matter, it's the 'Liverpool Way' You can imagine Rodgers saying:

"The bin matters, it's part of this club, it's part of you. The cleaning lady - her cat matters, you can trust it. Trust only the cleaning lady's cat. He'll be good to you, if you're good to him. And results will come."

He's like a confused fortune cookie.

Unread 13-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

@#%&!s to a man.
They have superiority complexes because they have jobs probably.
Closed Thread