United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2015, 10:46 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Except for the goal obviously. Thought it was pretty routine tbh.
Nothing to do with the 'keeper though, shocking from the centre backs. Even Lee Dixon can do simple analysis on that.

Unread 17-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
It £#%&!ing enrages me that Mourinho was available and by all accounts keen on joining us and we went for Moyes.

I'd love to know the truth about what went on there.
fergie didnt want someone successful to follow him. simple as that.

Unread 17-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Wez

oh

Unread 17-02-2015, 11:21 PM
Ashley's Grime

It's strange since Chewsea won at Anfield last season, I don't mind them winning at all. I watched that game tonight and didn't care who won.

OO AR Demba Ba back at Anfield on Thursday.

http://c1.thejournal.ie/media/2014/04/stevie-g-3.gif

Unread 18-02-2015, 12:05 AM
Red Al

Quote:
It £#%&!ing enrages me that Mourinho was available and by all accounts keen on joining us and we went for Moyes.

That decision by froggie set us back at least 3 years and possibe 100mil+ in CL revenue plus overpaying for players to get them to sign for us

Not his finest hour :shakehead:

Unread 18-02-2015, 12:15 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
£#%&!ing windmilling all over twitter now Telling everyone how poor they are for only betting tenners

Unread 18-02-2015, 12:22 AM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!ing windmilling all over twitter now Telling everyone how poor they are for only betting tenners
He'll be in the corner of his bedroom crying, silly @#%&! £4k ffs; that was all he had

Unread 18-02-2015, 12:49 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Mourinho wasn't Scottish.

Unread 18-02-2015, 11:34 AM
dunk

Not that bothered about Marquinhos, would take Verratti in a heartbeat

Unread 18-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Marquinhos was rarely tested yesterday, and he defers a lot of the play to Thiago Silva, tbf.

Verratti is a bit overrated IMO. Proper snidey @#%&! (which is good), but he gets caught in possession too much for my liking.

Zlat is still their best player. Utterly brilliant bastard, who would have been a sensation at United. Apparently he hates Van Gaal though.

Unread 18-02-2015, 11:40 AM
barca99

Quote:
An elephants heartbeat or a mouses heartbeat, big difference pal.

Unread 18-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Marquinhos was rarely tested yesterday, and he defers a lot of the play to Thiago Silva, tbf.

Verratti is a bit overrated IMO. Proper snidey @#%&! (which is good), but he gets caught in possession too much for my liking.

Zlat is still their best player. Utterly brilliant bastard, who would have been a sensation at United. Apparently he hates Van Gaal though.
Vialli has it right

Unread 18-02-2015, 11:54 AM
dunk

He's still young though isn't he? 22 or so? Plenty of time to learn.

Unread 18-02-2015, 12:33 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not been impressed with how they've performed in a lot of big games this season

Away at City they played like a lower league side. Everyone behind the ball for the whole match
At home against City they were outplayed but City had nothing up top to take advantage of it

Good victory away at Anfield earlier on this season but that was when Liverpool were really shit
They were lucky to beat Liverpool over the 2 legs of the League Cup Semi

Also lost 5-2 to Spurs and drew away at Southampton

Did beat a feeble Arsenal earlier on this season but really they're performances against good opposition has been less than impressive and again last night they were outplayed by PSG

Media keep talking them up as a great side and they do have great players but a great team? not for me at least not yet
That's them winning the double then, nice one mate!

Unread 18-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Neo

Quote:
True. Pogba is younger though, and far better.

Not that that will make any of us feel better. :shakehead:

Unread 18-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
True. Pogba is younger though, and far better.

Not that that will make any of us feel better. :shakehead:
They'd make a great midfield pairing tbf. Might need a more disciplined holding / tackling player in there while they are so young but by the time they reach 26/27 or so they could murder most sides as a 2 I'd guess.

Unread 18-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
They'd make a great midfield pairing tbf. Might need a more disciplined holding / tackling player in there while they are so young but by the time they reach 26/27 or so they could murder most sides as a 2 I'd guess.
Wouldn't be surprised if Pogba/Verratti is the PSG midfield in a few seasons time.

With David Luiz in the holding role.

Unread 18-02-2015, 01:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Concern with Veratti is that he's been like this throughout his time at PSG. Often overplays, which shows great confidence but he'll need to curb it to be a top player. I think he's getting better though, so I'd be surprised if he doesn't outgrow French football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not been impressed with how they've performed in a lot of big games this season

Away at City they played like a lower league side. Everyone behind the ball for the whole match
At home against City they were outplayed but City had nothing up top to take advantage of it

Good victory away at Anfield earlier on this season but that was when Liverpool were really shit
They were lucky to beat Liverpool over the 2 legs of the League Cup Semi

Also lost 5-2 to Spurs and drew away at Southampton

Did beat a feeble Arsenal earlier on this season but really they're performances against good opposition has been less than impressive and again last night they were outplayed by PSG

Media keep talking them up as a great side and they do have great players but a great team? not for me at least not yet
Agreed. They're not a great side and as Baron says you wouldn't fancy them to win the CL. Would have to raise a few questions about Mourinho if that were the case. Just the one CL final in the last decade, despite often having vasts funds available. Not that special...

Unread 18-02-2015, 04:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
That's them winning the double then, nice one mate!
That would be rather difficult in its "classic" incarnation, tbh
Closed Thread