United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2016, 10:47 PM
Neo

Cool

Tbh, I've enjoyed this season more than most of Ferguson's. Great to see United blooding so many youth players; can't remember the last time we saw so many given runs in the senior side. Fantastic to see, and brilliant from the manager.

Most fans are just interested in quick-fix trophy grabs, tbf, hence the cringeworthy pleas for that depressed @#%&! Mourinho. They just don't get what it's all about. The sooner they all £#%&! off and start following the NFL, the better.

Unread 12-03-2016, 11:04 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Tbh, I've enjoyed this season more than most of Ferguson's. Great to see United blooding so many youth players; can't remember the last time we saw so many given runs in the senior side. Fantastic to see, and brilliant from the manager.

Most fans are just interested in quick-fix trophy grabs, tbf, hence the cringeworthy pleas for that depressed c*** Mourinho. They just don't get what it's all about. The sooner they all £#%&! off and start following the NFL, the better.

Unread 13-03-2016, 02:30 AM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Most fans are just interested in quick-fix trophy grabs, tbf, hence the cringeworthy pleas for that depressed @#%&! Mourinho. They just don't get what it's all about. The sooner they all £#%&! off and start following the NFL, the better.
I'd agree if I didn't think the whole "blooding" them aspect is mislabelled.

Throwing the dice is more appropriate. I even wonder if he's putting weir on the bench just so he can take credit for giving all the kids their debut in few years time.

Proper blooding of youngsters would've involved giving Wilson playing time throughout the season, honing januzaj into a useful player and figuring out if Perreira can be any good. Maybe a few others given minutes here and there.

The kids from last year were shunned, Blackett looked as good as Rojo, McNair probably would've done as well as Blind but instead he's AWOL. Sold Hernandez cos we had Wilson, then ditched Wilson.

How did borthwick Jackson, fosu-mensah, Riley and Rashford surpass the kids mentioned above?

The answer is they probably haven't and their inclusion is probably as illogical as Fellaini is our best no.10 or we MUST have a left footed CB or Januzaj can go from starter to loaned out in the space of 2 games.

Kids have done well which is great to see but good management it is not. For every decent kid he stumbled on there's another who must now feel frozen out and blocked by slow, limited players.

Unread 13-03-2016, 09:49 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
I'd agree if I didn't think the whole "blooding" them aspect is mislabelled.

Throwing the dice is more appropriate. I even wonder if he's putting weir on the bench just so he can take credit for giving all the kids their debut in few years time.

Proper blooding of youngsters would've involved giving Wilson playing time throughout the season, honing januzaj into a useful player and figuring out if Perreira can be any good. Maybe a few others given minutes here and there.

The kids from last year were shunned, Blackett looked as good as Rojo, McNair probably would've done as well as Blind but instead he's AWOL. Sold Hernandez cos we had Wilson, then ditched Wilson.

How did borthwick Jackson, fosu-mensah, Riley and Rashford surpass the kids mentioned above?

The answer is they probably haven't and their inclusion is probably as illogical as Fellaini is our best no.10 or we MUST have a left footed CB or Januzaj can go from starter to loaned out in the space of 2 games.

Kids have done well which is great to see but good management it is not. For every decent kid he stumbled on there's another who must now feel frozen out and blocked by slow, limited players.
yup. not sure he understands the nfl either.

Unread 13-03-2016, 12:56 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Really? The football has for the most part been dire, boring and laboured, so to say you have enjoyed it amazes me. I can see no progress either, no long term goal, Lvg was once a great coach bot he is a busted flush and should have been sacked ages ago. As for selecting youth players I think he deserves credit for that but it should be remembered that it was mostly down to injuries, he would have stuck it out with the senior players had they been fit.

Unread 13-03-2016, 01:05 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Before Borthwick Jackson's debut he admitted not seeing a kick from the lad. Just asked the youth team lot for a defender...then threw him on for no good reason with a precarious 1-0 lead to protect.

Guy is a chancer these days. He is getting his last big payday and that's all he's mithered about

Unread 13-03-2016, 01:50 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Before Borthwick Jackson's debut he admitted not seeing a kick from the lad. Just asked the youth team lot for a defender...then threw him on for no good reason with a precarious 1-0 lead to protect.

Guy is a chancer these days. He is getting his last big payday and that's all he's mithered about
I'm not a big fan of managers working on finite terms. I think the mentality is not the same when you know you are going to be gone on x date anyway. Take Pellegrini for example. It City's form continues to falter, at what point does he throw up his hands and say '£#%&! it', I'm not going to be here next year anyway? Compare to Klopp or Pochettino whose future is not set; if it's not working for them they have to find a solution.

Van Gaal looks like a man for whom it is not working and he's not sure why or what to do about it, but does know he's heading into the sunset in a year and is sick of the abuse he's getting. Not a good combination for us.

Unread 31-03-2016, 01:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Plot thickening aots

Quote:
"It is dead easy to be critical," he told Sky Sports.

"You have to be realistic about some things - the number of injuries he has had: Phil Jones has played only seven games this season, Ashley Young, (Antonio) Valencia, (Luke) Shaw, these are big losses.

"It doesn't matter which team you are, if you have players missing of that calibre it has to have an impact on the team.

"The other aspect which is always easy to forget there are also five new players in their first season at United, and two are young players in (Anthony) Martial and Memphis (Depay) and their promise is good.

"You have to have some patience being a Manchester United fan and they have shown that over the years; in Matt Busby's time, in my time.

"For 150 years of history it is worth having a couple of years on the quiet side of success because they will always come back and come back strong."

Unread 31-03-2016, 01:13 PM
Sparky***

Better than Moyes and trampling down expectation old Louis isn't he.

Unread 31-03-2016, 01:24 PM
ScarFace

most of the injuries are due to his training shite.

its clear as £#%&!ing day he is out in the summer.

only his replacement is up for debate.

Unread 31-03-2016, 01:26 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
most of the injuries are due to his training shite.

its clear as £#%&!ing day he is out in the summer.

only his replacement is up for debate.
No there not more lies

Unread 31-03-2016, 01:33 PM
ScarFace

more from the above fergie bullshit “You have to have some patience being a Manchester United fan "

Yeah stickkkk with him, give him time.....to retire 12 months later.

the arguments of patience etc only work for somebody who isn't off 12 months later regardless.

Same shit was said about moyes.

Unread 31-03-2016, 01:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Same shut was said about moyes.
Not by Frogson.

Anyway, think if LvG were to be kept on it would be on the basis that they like what he's building. Either way, public support from Fergie seems significant. For me the most important thing is having someone who will develop this young squad. Doesn't have to be LvG.

Unread 31-03-2016, 01:59 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not by Frogson.

Anyway, think if LvG were to be kept on it would be on the basis that they like what he's building. Either way, public support from Fergie seems significant. For me the most important thing is having someone who will develop this young squad. Doesn't have to be LvG.
Honestly, all lvg hate aside....i think jose is already 100% done.

I don't think woody even consults with fergie ( he didn't know his pet moyes was getting sacked )

Unread 31-03-2016, 01:59 PM
Buck

The calibre of players like Young and Valencia.................

Unread 31-03-2016, 02:02 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
The calibre of players like Young and Valencia.................
and jones, dont ferget joneeeesy.

the fact these shit @#%&!s are still here, nevermind used as an excuse for why lvg has done worse than moyes....

Unread 31-03-2016, 02:04 PM
Jethro

Quote:
and jones, dont ferget joneeeesy.

the fact these shit @#%&!s are still here, nevermind used as an excuse for why lvg has done worse than moyes....

Unread 31-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Buck

I'm surprised Fergie didn't take some credit for Leicester's position. He said when they were bottom last year that he spoke with Pearson to be more animatedGrabbing an opposition player, calling a journo an ostrich, telling a fan to die . He got the message loud and clear

Unread 31-03-2016, 02:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Van gaal seems to have been given a chance due to his stature before the players eventually rejected his methods after continuing to get criticised for playing shit.
gotta admire someone who goes right out on a limb with a bold prediction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not by Frogson.

we're 5th in the league and out of europe again. how can they like what he's building? :wibble:

Unread 31-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
gotta admire someone who goes right out on a limb with a bold prediction.

we're 5th in the league and out of europe again. how can they like what he's building? :wibble:
6th.

Even your exaggerated version of the wibble crew has us higher than we actually are.
Closed Thread