United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:49 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yup - we are *still* waiting for two good performances in a row. Let's manage that before getting any ideas, eh
Norwich at home and Fulham away were back to back....that's the only two i can think of right enough

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:57 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
the performances in the CL and the league have been mutually exclusive.

We've had nightmare performances in the league this season, especially at home, but we've played well in the champions league - mainly because of the lack of pressure associated with playing in europe.

we could still end up dropping silly points in the league, but in a knockout comp' with little expectation, we could thrive.
i think when we come up against anyone decent we'll get crushed in europe. if it was knockout like the FA cup then we might sneak through some tougher ties, but over two legs i just can't see us repeatedly beating really good european sides.

at this point if we get in the top 4 this season i'll be happy. anything else would be a huge bonus all things considered!

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:58 PM
canalstreet

Not a prayer of winning the title

Top 4 looking more likely now. But 4th, no higher.

City will be champions

Chelsea will grind it out

Spurs shot to pieces

Arsenal may falter.

Everton will suffer vertigo

Forget Newcastle

Main fear is that Liverpool will believe in St Brendan and continue to turn it on.

5th behind them would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:58 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
i think when we come up against anyone decent we'll get crushed in europe.
Liverpool didn't qualify for Europe mate

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:59 PM
puressence

Can't wait for benfica in may. Moyesin

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:12 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
i think when we come up against anyone decent we'll get crushed in europe. if it was knockout like the FA cup then we might sneak through some tougher ties, but over two legs i just can't see us repeatedly beating really good european sides.

at this point if we get in the top 4 this season i'll be happy. anything else would be a huge bonus all things considered!
we've been a different side in europe. we've played really well, with much more fluidity and pace.

completely dismiss our league form, forget it ever happened and i think we've got reasons to be cheerful.

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Our results so far in the league have been: WDLWLLWDWWWDDLLW

There has been only one period we won back to back league games. There needs to be an immediate turn around in our consistency to stand a chance of top 4. The current top 4 are all very good sides with a 7+ point start.

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:45 PM
sudored

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Game at a time ... Sweet Jesus
great song.

One game at a time sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you.
Just give me the strength
To do everyday what I have to do.
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord help me today, show me the way
One game at a time.

Unread 16-12-2013, 12:11 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Norwich at home and Fulham away were back to back....that's the only two i can think of right enough
Not really counting the League Cup tbh, and that also applies to this week (though it would be nice to crush Stoke of course)

We need to produce the goods against West Ham

Unread 16-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Part 36 Offer

We have absolutely no chance of winning the league.

Champions league football will be tough enough as it stands. I can see us not making the top 4.

Unread 16-12-2013, 12:36 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Champions league football will be tough enough as it stands. I can see us not making the top 4.
Just need to win our games until January, then Carrick and RvP back, Fletch acquiring some degree of fitness and maybe even some new blood (Guarin?) and we might just get away with it

Unread 16-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Cardies mate ?

Eh ?

Can still rock it with the best of them...we HAVE to make 4 th

Unread 16-12-2013, 02:10 AM
taff

it's at times like this that a man feels like locking the door, taking the phone off the hook and creating a par league.

wibble.

Unread 16-12-2013, 02:25 AM
shenwen

Too many teams between us and top. Too much to expect them all to drop points while miraculously go on an unbeaten run. When I look at the table, I look at fourth

Unread 16-12-2013, 03:26 AM
Denis Irwell

Fourth or even third are possibilities but we'll have to be more convincing than vs Villa - which was encouraging but really, they were pretty crap. if we can build a bit of momentum and get into winning habits, maybe. Arsenal are brittle as ever but they could do enough to finish above us and the dippers have a Ciddy and Chavs both away, coming up. Let's see how they come out of the Christmas period.

We struggle against any physical sides which is partly why we are ok in Europe and beat Villa, Arsenal. We just can't seem to mix it.

Unread 16-12-2013, 04:50 AM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We've lost too many with harder games to come.

Champions league football next year should be our aim.
Your aim should always be higher than the bare minimum expectations.

We should make some signings of intent, and then go on to win the premier league. Provided we win the next three matches - we may be as few as 5 points off the top by Christmas, and I really pray that we go on a run of wins like United do
Closed Thread