United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-12-2013, 08:53 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
not this time but I still fancy us to win the European Cup
not a bad shout, i was thinking this... but then you think about the biggest teams we could face and i think it's beyond this team.

i'd say a semi final place is a possibility.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:01 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
not a bad shout, i was thinking this... but then you think about the biggest teams we could face and i think it's beyond this team.

i'd say a semi final place is a possibility.
true but a lot of so called bigger terams will be KO'd at last 16...IF we get a decent draw tomorrow I'd fancy our chances, especially if we buy the right player/players next month and as you say semi-final is not impossible, don;t know where the performances have come from in Europe but hope we keep them going

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:05 PM
MUFC_91

I'd be happy with a third place finish, an FA Cup win (been too long), and going out of Europe without being smashed by Munich or Barca. Something to build on. Really need some quality signings in a few positions though - a centre back, another midfielder because Fellaini is, well, shite, and a decent winger are a must.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:07 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC_91
I'd be happy with a third place finish, an FA Cup win (been too long), and going out of Europe without being smashed by Munich or Barca. Something to build on. Really need some quality signings in a few positions though - a centre back, another midfielder because Fellaini is, well, crape, and a decent winger are a must.
don't need a winger do we...we have Janners, Valencia, Nani, Zaha.....

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
i fancy at least 2 of those will be gone by next summer.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
And Young, you forgot him

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:10 PM
MUFC_91

Quote:
Valencia, Nani, Young - all inconsistent, to put it nicely. I know wingers are generally prone to this more so than players in other positions, but those three really take the piss.

Zaha and Janners are good prospects, but we can't really rely on them just yet. Sell Young and one of the others, sign a quality player (Bale or Ronaldo next summer? ) and give the two young lads a chance without putting too much pressure on them.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:11 PM
elhombre

Quote:
true but a lot of so called bigger terams will be KO'd at last 16...IF we get a decent draw tomorrow I'd fancy our chances, especially if we buy the right player/players next month and as you say semi-final is not impossible, don;t know where the performances have come from in Europe but hope we keep them going
no expectations. we're champions of england and have been top dogs for a while.... despite winning it in '08 i don't think many see us as genuine favourites in the CL, but i'll take that at this point if it allows us to play the way we are in europe.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:11 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
And Young, you forgot him
nope I didn't....he will be gone in January thank god

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:12 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Game at a time ... Sweet Jesus
:shakehead: blasphemy on the sabbath FFS

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:13 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
no expectations. we're champions of england and have been top dogs for a while.... despite winning it in '08 i don't think many see us as genuine favourites in the CL, but i'll take that at this point if it allows us to play the way we are in europe.
agreed it's fine if the media and our so called rivals don't take us seriously in Europe....witness that @#%&!stick Milner in midweek after Citeh won the Champions League in Munich...."Bayern are so far ahead I mean they have reached three European Cup finals in four years...it's incredible, what team does that"

take a wild guess you £#%&!ing fvuctard

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:13 PM
TheKitchenSink

so we crush one of the worst sides we've come up against in the league this year and now suddenly we might win the title and/or the champs league? ffs this place.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:16 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
so we crush one of the worst sides we've come up against in the league this year and now suddenly we might win the title and/or the champs league? ffs this place.
are you pissed?

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:24 PM
TheKitchenSink

i'm happy we won but if we were playing a decent team evra alone would have cost us two goals. some serious deficiencies in the team that aren't solved by beating a pathetic villa side. if we win our next two or three in the league i may start to believe, in the meantime this is just a very small step in the right direction.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

No chance of winning the league this season now far too many teams ahead of us need to £#%&! up and thats asuming we dont .
A cup win would be nice though and a couple of world class signings in jan would kill the pain a bit .

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
A glimmer of hope this season has always been wiped away after the next fixture.
Yup - we are *still* waiting for two good performances in a row. Let's manage that before getting any ideas, eh

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:43 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
i'm happy we won but if we were playing a decent team evra alone would have cost us two goals. some serious deficiencies in the team that aren't solved by beating a pathetic villa side. if we win our next two or three in the league i may start to believe, in the meantime this is just a very small step in the right direction.
the performances in the CL and the league have been mutually exclusive.

We've had nightmare performances in the league this season, especially at home, but we've played well in the champions league - mainly because of the lack of pressure associated with playing in europe.

we could still end up dropping silly points in the league, but in a knockout comp' with little expectation, we could thrive.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:43 PM
elephantstone

Let's beat west ham on Saturday and look again.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yup - we are *still* waiting for two good performances in a row. Let's manage that before getting any ideas, eh
^^ This.

Villa were utter £#%&! today.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:47 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
the performances in the CL and the league have been mutually exclusive.

We've had nightmare performances in the league this season, especially at home, but we've played well in the champions league - mainly because of the lack of pressure associated with playing in europe.

we could still end up dropping silly points in the league, but in a knockout comp' with little expectation, we could thrive.
this
Closed Thread