United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:25 AM
puressence

Default i know everyone loves eric . but ronaldo is simply

the best utd player ive seen in the flesh and that includes the ginger prince .

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:26 AM
believe

I think you could be right on this one.

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Mr_Ed

As much as I could be tempted to agree I'd like to wait until his United career is over before I make any judgements.

Scholes was class last night too...

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

I've never seen a player in world football playing at the level Ronnie is now.

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
As much as I could be tempted to agree I'd like to wait until his United career is over before I make any judgements.

May then?*

*Fuzzy Dunlopism

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
I love eating flesh
Steady on.

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:31 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I've never seen a player in world football playing at the level Ronnie is now.
it's £#%&!ing true. the best thing about it all, and i may be slightly naive here, but he looks like he's £#%&!ing loving every minute. there is a good chance he could score in every game he plays but that is also down to the quality of the play around him. there is another thread about rooneys scorring but you see rooney with his head down lately? not a £#%&!ing chance they are laughing, taking the piss and generally enjoying there football. this team could win the lot this year, big ask but it's certainly more possible than it was in 99.

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Smeggs

don't think i've ever seen a sky match coverage be so focused on one player, pre and post match.

It's just a privilege to have the lad. 22 next tuesday. we all fear his departure each summer though and that is what nags at the back of the mind when discussing 'greatness'.

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Hank Wangford

Watching on Sky is the new 'going to the match'

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:35 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Wangford
seconded

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:37 AM
puressence

souness is by far and away the best pundit on tv . and he has the playing career to back him up .

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Wangford
couple more seasons of price rises and none of us will be able to afford to go.

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Spiffy

Ronnie may yet turn out to be a better player technically than Eric but I honestly believe no one will ever complete the team like Eric did. Everyone played better when Eric played. Ronnie is more of an individual player.

The fact that we are even debating this demonstrates just how good he is.

When is the voting for European and World player of the year? It's around now isn't it?

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:50 AM
MUFC One Love

He just needs to do it in the latter stages of Europe and he will win World Player easily.

Unread 31-01-2008, 10:59 AM
marlo stansfield

i was nicknames ronaldo's boyfriend on the sanctuary for suggesting he will be the best player in the world in three years.

a lad called tippers refused to have any of it. calling him a one trick pony.

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Scabs

Eric > Ronaldo.

Maybe in a few years..?

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I know he's bagged a lot of goals but a lot of them were down to the setup of team members. He's undoubtedly one hell of a talent but earlier in the season i think he was so-so, he's improved as it's gone along. His free kicks imo are mostly shite, one in 30 is not such a good rate and most dont even hit the target, usually right into the wall. Like others i'm going to judge him in a couple more years, he's only put two decent seasons in for us so far, if he doubles that, then he'll be moving into a different class.

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
I know he's bagged a lot of goals but a lot of them were down to the setup of team members. He's undoubtedly one hell of a talent but earlier in the season i think he was so-so, he's improved as it's gone along. His free kicks imo are mostly shite, one in 30 is not such a good rate and most dont even hit the target, usually right into the wall. Like others i'm going to judge him in a couple more years, he's only put two decent seasons in for us so far, if he doubles that, then he'll be moving into a different class.
You can always count on Lou to put the most negative spin possible on anything United related.

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:10 AM
MUFC One Love

Lou that has to be one of the funniest posts I have seen. £#%&!ing hell, you really do sound like a Bertie.

I thought last season was a one off for Ronaldo goal wise, I thought he would continue to improve but wouldn't get as many, but he has already beat it. I would say he had a dodgy spell earlier in the season where he seemed to be trying to hard as an individual as the personal accolades he won went to his head a bit, but now he is just the same as last season, playing for the team, maybe Fergie had a word. All he had to do was get back to basics and he was going to bag loads. What was encouraging last night was that even on a hat-trick, usually he may shoot constantly for the hat-trick but he looked for teamates still even though he knew he was on a hat-trick.

If he stays here we have a group of players who will grow together and will win a couple of European Cups imo.

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You can always count on Lou to put the most negative spin possible on anything United related.
its not that negative, like i say, a couple more seasons and he could be in a class of his own. Guess i have high standards. I'm like that with women too, only ever had the odd @#%&!r, stick to the class
Closed Thread