United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-11-2020, 12:55 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
I’d players need to be coached about the first goal. We literally may aswell fold the club. I’ve coached 9 year olds with more nounce
How is Barry Bennell?

Unread 05-11-2020, 12:58 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
I’d players need to be coached about the first goal. We literally may aswell fold the club. I’ve coached 9 year olds with more nounce
Thank christ you spelt that right pal.

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:03 PM
jem

Quote:
I’ve coached 9 year olds with more nounce
just when you thought that goal was the worst thing you'd seen in the last 24 hours.

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
right... he isn't good enough because he can't be the whole midfield? no one can.

I can't fix you.
There's only you in the whole World that thinks we play a one man midfield.

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:06 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
How is Barry Bennell?
Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy
thank christ you spelt that right pal.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:13 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There's only you in the whole World that thinks we play a one man midfield.
indeed. sometimes we play pogba in a two. which amounts to the same thing.

we generally play one defensive midfielder. have done since carrick. no one... not even a young kante... can be left to play that role alone. the other "midfielders" have to provide cover.

really, we need two nominally defensive midfielders. when we looked half-decent last season, we had fred and mctog playing there together. not great players. but looking better because the balance of the team is better.

last night, bruno, mata and dvb offered absolutely £#%&! all in terms in helping matic defend.

when we have fullbacks who go wandering and don't come back, it is not fair to expect matic to do £#%&!ing everything to stop the central defence (when not in the opposition penalty area) being exposed.

the same £#%&!wits slate matic every £#%&!ing game.

the diamond is a piece of shit, incidentally.

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
indeed. sometimes we play pogba in a two. which amounts to the same thing.

we generally play one defensive midfielder. have done since carrick. no one... not even a young kante... can be left to play that role alone. the other "midfielders" have to provide cover.

really, we need two nominally defensive midfielders. when we looked half-decent last season, we had fred and mctog playing there together. not great players. but looking better because the balance of the team is better.

last night, bruno, mata and dvb offered absolutely £#%&! all in terms in helping matic defend.

when we have fullbacks who wandering and don't come back, it is not fair to expect matic to do £#%&!ing everything to stop the central defence (when not in the opposition penalty area) being exposed.

the same £#%&!wits slate matic every £#%&!ing game.
Because his legs have gone, brief Indian summer last season notwithstanding, and 1 outstanding season at Chelsea aside, he was never that good to begin with.

You cannot blame his need for 2-3 touches and shite range of passing on lack of legs around him, I'm afraid. Should never have been given a new deal, did just enough to earn one and then reverted to type; spent force.

I'd say the £#%&!wit is whoever thinks he should be anywhere near the United team in any capacity, tbh.

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Because his legs have gone, brief Indian summer last season notwithstanding, and 1 outstanding season at Chelsea aside, he was never that good to begin with.

You cannot blame his need for 2-3 touches and shite range of passing on lack of legs around him, I'm afraid. Should never have been given a new deal, did just enough to earn one and then reverted to type; spent force.

I'd say the £#%&!wit is whoever thinks he should be anywhere near the United team in any capacity, tbh.
there might be another reason some of you dislike Matic? It’s literally screaming out from some of your posts...
what makes you think Matic is a negative influence on the dressing room?
he is never in trouble, never falling out with any players but some of you have taken it amongst yourself to say he is having a negative effect on the dressing room?

like what the £#%&!.
just call him a cracka and get on with it

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:31 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Harsh on Matic. I was desperate for us to sign a dm in the summer, but I also thought keeping Matic was a good idea. If used sparingly I think he’s very good, he just turns into an 80 year old after about 3-4 games on the trot. Instead we signed no dm and now have to rely on him way more than we should as there isn’t one other player who can play that role (well).

Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
there might be another reason some of you dislike Matic? It’s literally screaming out from some of your posts...
he is never in trouble, never falling out with any players but some of you have taken it amongst yourself to say he is having a negative effect on the dressing room?

like what the £#%&!.

NedKelly

Quote:

like what the £#%&!.
Have some rep

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:32 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Harsh on Matic. I was desperate for us to sign a dm in the summer, but I also thought keeping Matic was a good idea. If used sparingly I think he’s very good, he just turns into an 80 year old after about 3-4 games on the trot. Instead we signed no dm and now have to rely on him way more than we should as there isn’t one other player who can play that role (well).
Wasn't last night his first start in a while? Looked 80 from the off tbh.

Quote:

like what the £#%&!.

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:38 PM
jem

Quote:

he wouldn't be in the team if we had bought two defensive midfielders in the last window.

Unread 05-11-2020, 02:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he wouldn't be in the team if we had bought two defensive midfielders in the last window.
He wouldn't be in the team if we didn't insist on prolonging the agony by offering new contracts to players clearly on the wane/past it and dragging it out. We should have young players on the up coming in trying to prove their worth, not players like Matic and Mata hanging on to a place in the squad by their fingernails.

Unread 05-11-2020, 02:40 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
He wouldn't be in the team if we didn't insist on prolonging the agony by offering new contracts to players clearly on the wane/past it and dragging it out. We should have young players on the up coming in trying to prove their worth, not players like Matic and Mata hanging on to a place in the squad by their fingernails.
It cheaper for the owners to extend an existimg contract than investing in new players (not that they have ever personally invested in the team).

It certainly appears that playing Mata & Matic in the same team makes the build up much too slow and it's not helped by not having effective wide players or attacking FB's.

Unread 05-11-2020, 02:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
It cheaper for the owners to extend an existimg contract than investing in new players (not that they have ever personally invested in the team).

It certainly appears that playing Mata & Matic in the same team makes the build up much too slow and it's not helped by not having effective wide players or attacking FB's.
I know that. Everything about our squad and transfer policy is a misguided and horrible cost cutting exercise where the primary rule seems to be; spend £10k to save £1.

Unread 05-11-2020, 03:05 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
I know that. Everything about our squad and transfer policy is a misguided and horrible cost cutting exercise where the primary rule seems to be; spend £10k to save £1.
Sorry wasn't trying to infer you wern't tuned into how the owners really operate.

Unread 05-11-2020, 07:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Too true. But again, the coaches have to take a lot of blame for that. If it's 1 or 2 players then you look at the individuals, but it's pretty much the whole team. It's obviously a problem that Ole inherited but he hasn't fixed it. His approach of putting an arm around them and patting them on the head is just making failure seem more acceptable to the players.

Matic is a strange one. He came on against Arsenal and looked good. He was directing play, getting stuck in and had a great sense of urgency. The next game he starts and looks uninterested and woeful.
Well the Mou Mou approach of telling them they were @#%&!s (occasionally in public) didn't work either. So what will?