United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2017, 06:10 AM
shenwen

He's a good player. I used to hear great things about him when he was at Celtic. Said then he would be a good buy. Not seem much of him at Southampton but has his value gone up by more than x4 in two seasons, including half a season injured?

Southampton's owners must love the scousers.

Unread 06-06-2017, 08:54 AM
sa7

Not really arsed where this lesbian hippie looking git ends up.

The dearth in decent centre halves in world football is a shame. You know you're in trouble when shite like Thiago Silva are considered amongst the best.

Unread 06-06-2017, 08:58 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He's a good player. I used to hear great things about him when he was at Celtic. Said then he would be a good buy. Not seem much of him at Southampton but has his value gone up by more than x4 in two seasons, including half a season injured?

Southampton's owners must love the scousers.
He's very good when he's got time on the ball and in the air. He's nowhere near a Bailly though. Luiz-Lite. £60m is mental.

Unread 06-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Not really arsed where this lesbian hippie looking git ends up.

The dearth in decent centre halves in world football is a shame. You know you're in trouble when shite like Thiago Silva are considered amongst the best.

He's absolute class, would be a fantastic signing for Utd as well on a free.

If Pepe is going to PSG there's a decent chance he might actually leave as well.

Van Dijk for £60m + wages ~£200k p/w is mental.

Unread 06-06-2017, 10:18 AM
dragflick

Liverpool signing a player from Southampton for £60m that Southampton bought to replace the player Liverpool bought for £20m...

Unread 06-06-2017, 10:26 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Liverpool signing a player from Southampton for £60m that Southampton bought to replace the player Liverpool bought for £20m...

surely you mean

Unread 06-06-2017, 11:15 AM
saffers

Unread 06-06-2017, 11:20 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Confused. What constitutes tapping up these days ?

We've agreed wages before bids and Jose was caught on the pitch chirpsing young Kluivert ffs

Unread 06-06-2017, 11:20 AM
Fish

Quote:
I guess they have kept in touch with him through his injury like we did with rvn. Explains why he wants to repay the trust by goIng to them.

Unread 06-06-2017, 11:24 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Confused. What constitutes tapping up these days ?

We've agreed wages before bids and Jose was caught on the pitch chirpsing young Kluivert ffs
Liverpool seem to be bad at it, constantly getting caught.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/12/liverp...aywer-6569512/

Unread 06-06-2017, 11:32 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Liverpool seem to be bad at it, constantly getting caught.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/12/liverp...aywer-6569512/
Southampton tried this when Liverpool went in for Clyne too, nothing came of it obv...

Unread 06-06-2017, 12:31 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
He aint going anywhere according to the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...vervirgil-van/

Unread 06-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Lok

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Southampton were clearly hoping he'd go to City for silly money (£50m+) and there's no way the dippers are going to give them much (if anything) over £30m.

It sounds like the player is saying Liverpool or nothing (presumably he has learning difficulties) so I Southampton call his bluff and make him stay.

They were saying unequivocally last season that he will be staying.

Unread 06-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Stannage

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40170351

Unread 06-06-2017, 12:59 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stannage
You didnt believe me then?

Unread 06-06-2017, 07:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Southampton were clearly hoping he'd go to City for silly money (£50m+) and there's no way the dippers are going to give them much (if anything) over £30m.

It sounds like the player is saying Liverpool or nothing (presumably he has learning difficulties) so I Southampton call his bluff and make him stay.

They were saying unequivocally last season that he will be staying.
That is one way of putting it

Unread 06-06-2017, 08:12 PM
andyroo

This load of absolute £#%&!ing bilge in the Graun

https://www.theguardian.com/football...timate-upgrade

Quote:
If Van Dijk is sincere about wanting to join Liverpool despite more lucrative offers from elsewhere, that speaks well of his character and that of Klopp. It suggests that he distinguishes between merely winning and winning gloriously, being a champion and a hero. At Liverpool his aim would be to become a leader in the team who satisfy one of English football’s most intense cravings, that generation-long yearning for the restoration of their domestic crown, and maybe their European one too.

Unread 07-06-2017, 02:22 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
This load of absolute £#%&!ing bilge in the Graun

https://www.theguardian.com/football...timate-upgrade

There'd be riots on the streets if it was us paying £60m for this overhyped, soon to be 26 year old who has only been at clubs like Soton and Celtic.

Lest we forget the loser Klopp last summer
Quote:
'If you bring one player in for £100m and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney,' he said.

'The day that this is football, I'm not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together.

'That is how everybody in football understands it. You always want to have the best, but building the group is necessary to be successful.

'Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players.

'I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.

'I don't know exactly how much money we could spend because nobody has told me, 'No, you can't do this.'

'If I spend money, it is because I am trying to build a team, a real team. Barcelona did it. You can win championships, you can win titles, but there is a manner in which you want it.'

Unread 07-06-2017, 06:49 PM
saffers

What a £#%&!ing embarrassing gang of clowns

They realised they looked like idiots being the only ones trying to pay £60m for this guy

Bet he goes to city now for £40m after striking

Unread 07-06-2017, 06:50 PM
Vedder

They've £#%&!ing shit themselves
Closed Thread