United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-01-2018, 12:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

I absolutely agree. Pogba in a free role is superb.

The question is, why has it taken Jose so long to realise that is the best use of him?
I think Mou initially thought Pogba and Matic in a deep two would bully most teams in the Premier League and Pogba’s long passes would spring the break. I’d say overall that just hasn’t worked but as a pragmatist Mourinho isn’t afraid to abandon the original idea.

Juventus found the right role for Pogba. Not being overburdened with defensive duties and not being asked to knit the play from deep. You want him with more freedom to just use his talent and instinct. If United could get a proper midfield brain now to help feed him

Unread 16-01-2018, 02:27 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think Mou initially thought Pogba and Matic in a deep two would bully most teams in the Premier League and Pogba’s long passes would spring the break. I’d say overall that just hasn’t worked but as a pragmatist Mourinho isn’t afraid to abandon the original idea.

Juventus found the right role for Pogba. Not being overburdened with defensive duties and not being asked to knit the play from deep. You want him with more freedom to just use his talent and instinct. If United could get a proper midfield brain now to help feed him
Who would you go for, pal?

Unread 16-01-2018, 05:51 AM
Kangared

Quote:

Agreed. Not just a midfield brain , has to be a selfless player who is happy to do the unseen work, the filling in & tackling

Unread 16-01-2018, 06:22 AM
puressence

Pog in a 3 is the best player in world football bar lionel

Unread 16-01-2018, 07:09 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Haven't listened to football on 5Live for ages - is Alan "I don't support Liverpool, absolutely not, no sirree" Green still a fixture there?
Think somebody mentioned him glowing after the rats vs berts the other day -

Edit: mike #242 above

Unread 16-01-2018, 07:10 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Had to listen to the first 10 mins or so on the radio. I shit you not after 30 (thirty) seconds waffle waddle was claiming we'd made a slow start.

There's a narrative about mourinho and united at the moment that 95% of pundits seemingly feel they have to subscribe to. Alan k******d Green was at it yesterday as well - "whatever happens here you can be sure there'll be no buses parked" zzz zzz

Absolutely bizarre. How about just commentating on the game as it actually happens and keeping your shitty opinions to yourselves eh lads
Oh no. The fans love an agenda ya see. All the teams have to have an image. City are changing football. Liverpool have the best attack in Europe (fab four...). United park the the bus.

What a shit phrase. Said once by Mourinho and I bet he regrets it to this day.

They're not interested in retelling events as it doesn't sell aswell ..... but, as you say, that's where they're supposed to do.

We were absolutely fine yesterday. Comfortable 3-0 win with some slack moments. Really nothing to see here folks.

Unread 16-01-2018, 07:28 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

I absolutely agree. Pogba in a free role is superb.

The question is, why has it taken Jose so long to realise that is the best use of him?
what? pogba does what he wants given space. the idea that mourinho is using him properly putting him in a midfield 2 with matic is lunacy. soz. matic needs a proper midfielder or two next to him or he is going to live in the state of being permanently knackered that the rest of us do.

Unread 16-01-2018, 07:38 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
He's played that same role for the majority of the matches he's played since Matic arrived. I think he's even better in a 3 man midfield .
Superb yesterday. What a player.

Great signing by Mou.

Remember the “£90m loll ?!?!&” %@#$&!s? Didn’t even cost twice the price of Sigurdsson

Unread 16-01-2018, 07:53 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Superb yesterday. What a player.

Great signing by Mou.

Remember the “£90m loll ?!?!&” %@#$&!s? Didn’t even cost twice the price of Sigurdsson
90 million a bargain in today’s market . Genuine World class talent . Just needs to be that dominant in a big game to shut the haters up

Unread 16-01-2018, 07:57 AM
History

Quote:
90 million a bargain in today’s market . Genuine World class talent . Just needs to be that dominant in a big game to shut the haters up
He was good against arsenal before the red card tbf. We probably would of had a better performance against city with him playing also.

An absolute joy to watch with the ball. Also happy to do alot running. Be interested to see how much ground he covered I would imagine only our full backs beat him for distance.

Unread 16-01-2018, 07:57 AM
20 times

Quote:
Nope. He’s got “funny” hair and plays for united so he’ll always get unfair criticism

Unread 16-01-2018, 08:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Who would you go for, pal?
Siders pal? Pal? Who would you go for lad? Lad?

Unread 16-01-2018, 08:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Siders pal? Pal? Who would you go for lad? Lad?
Dunno, pal. We spent over a decade with the best midfield brain in the game, so standards are high. The top ones are out of reach so we need to unearth the next in line. Always liked Neves who is now at Wolves, so shows how hard it is to identify who will develop.

Heard very good things about the Brazilian Arthur at Gremio.

We are both fans of Weigl aren’t we pal

Unread 16-01-2018, 08:40 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Dunno, pal. We spent over a decade with the best midfield brain in the game, so standards are high. The top ones are out of reach so we need to unearth the next in line. Always liked Neves who is now at Wolves, so shows how hard it is to identify who will develop.

Uh-oh

I like Wiegl but you know, Dortmund.

Unread 16-01-2018, 08:42 PM
jem

Quote:

lad at palace looks sharp and the tiger is on fire. total cost - zero. if you want to spend just a small amount of money, romeu.

Unread 16-01-2018, 08:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Uh-oh

I like Wiegl but you know, Dortmund.
Yep.

I’m suggesting a Brazilian and a player from Dortmund.

I don’t learn quickly.

Unread 16-01-2018, 08:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Yep.

I don’t learn quickly.

Unread 16-01-2018, 08:50 PM
20 times

Quote:
Yep.

I don’t learn quickly.

Unread 17-01-2018, 02:36 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yep.

I don’t learn quickly.
ffs