United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Fountz

Red face If Moyes had been sacked after the Liverpool game..

..and Giggs had been appointed caretaker manager, do you think he'd have done any better ?

I do actually. The most obvious plus point would have been that he'd have the respect of the players and they'd want to play for him. The second positive would have been the match day atmosphere. There'd be a purpose, a cause to unite behind, and whilst 4th place may have been difficult, I reckon we'd be much closer to it than we are now. However, it's the ECL where I really feel we'd have benefited.

Still, not to be.. too late now.

Unread 11-04-2014, 03:34 PM
ScarFace

couldn't possibly of gone worse

we have the worst manager in england

Unread 11-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
couldn't possibly of gone worse

we have the worst manager in england
NO SIR!!! no no no...

...the worst in Europe.

Unread 11-04-2014, 03:37 PM
HotChip

Its all epidemic Rodders.

Unread 11-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Fountz

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
Its all epidemic Rodders.
Please, absolutely NO.. Only Fools & Horses references on my threads!!

Unread 11-04-2014, 04:45 PM
MUFC One Love

I thought after the Liverpool game they might have sacked him to give everyone a lift for the Olympiakos second leg. We ended up going through anyway and it turns out that could be a terrible result for us if it keeps this bastard in a job.

Unread 11-04-2014, 04:46 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Please, absolutely NO.. Only Fools & Horses references on my threads!!

This time next year, we will be 1st place.

Unread 11-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
This time next year, we will be 1st place.
Seriously, no no no.

It was £#%&!ing woeful regardless, but taking into account the overrating quotient, then it is by some distance the worst comedy ever.

Unread 11-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Tiberian

Perhaps not so much in Europe but a change may have provided the push for a 4th place challenge. Any consistent run of results would have seen Utd close to Arsenal, look at Everton, 7 wins in a row and from looking out of it they are now carrying the momentum and are expected to end up in 4th. Moyes and his relentless negativity has made 4th out as impossible now.

Even Spurs are only 5 points off and they have been shit for the majority of the season.

Giggs would have needed to get rid of the coaching staff as well.

Unread 11-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Perhaps not so much in Europe but a change may have provided the push for a 4th place challenge. Any consistent run of results would have seen Utd close to Arsenal, look at Everton, 7 wins in a row and from looking out of it they are now carrying the momentum and are expected to end up in 4th. Moyes and his relentless negativity has made 4th out as impossible now.

Even Spurs are only 5 points off and they have been shit for the majority of the season.

Giggs would have needed to get rid of the coaching staff as well.
Good points.

Why the Fiorentina avatar?

Unread 11-04-2014, 05:01 PM
gigo

I'm sure we'd have got 4th if the loser had have been £#%&!ed off after the dipper game.
It would have given the whole club a much needed lift.
If the dippers win the league and it's looking likely,the useless k**t should be made to deliver the trophy gift wrapped to Anfield.

Unread 11-04-2014, 05:37 PM
red in cumbria

The worst of it is the strong rumour Motes actually thought of resigning after that holocaust, but certain people "persuaded" him not to :shakehead:

Whoever is responsible for that should be show trialled - only possible verdict guilty, only possible penalty DEATH :unclejoe:

Unread 11-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Good points.

Why the Fiorentina avatar?
Ando, not worked out as I had hoped, struggled for form and then picked up a few injuries. Next year

Unread 11-04-2014, 05:52 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Ando, not worked out as I had hoped, struggled for form and then picked up a few injuries. Next year

Unread 11-04-2014, 05:55 PM
thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigo
I'm sure we'd have got 4th if the loser had have been £#%&!ed off after the dipper game.
It would have given the whole club a much needed lift.
If the dippers win the league and it's looking likely,the useless k**t should be made to deliver the trophy gift wrapped to Anfield.
How? We've won every game since bar City. We wouldn't have won that with anyone in charge as City are just a better side unfortunately.

If Moyes had gone after the Liverpool game the results would have pretty much been the same as they have

Unread 11-04-2014, 06:02 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
How? We've won every game since bar City. We wouldn't have won that with anyone in charge as City are just a better side unfortunately.

If Moyes had gone after the Liverpool game the results would have pretty much been the same as they have
We might well have lost but aren't we all agreed it's not just the results alone that have made Moyes's position untenable but the dire nature of the defeats and the piss poor football we're producing?

Unread 11-04-2014, 06:05 PM
thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
We might well have lost but aren't we all agreed it's not just the results alone that have made Moyes's position untenable but the dire nature of the defeats and the piss poor football we're producing?
We're not talking about Moyes position though, we're discussing if we could have done any better had he been sacked after the Scouse defeat.

No is the sensible answer.

Unread 11-04-2014, 06:06 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
We're not talking about Moyes position though, we're discussing if we could have done any better had he been sacked after the Scouse defeat.

No is the sensible answer.
Well we may well have lost but possibly not in so spineless a manner.

Unread 11-04-2014, 06:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Superb dedication from the lad to avoid getting a permanent deal in Florence so that he can return to help the post-Moyes recovery.

Absolutely top top red

Unread 11-04-2014, 06:12 PM
thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well we may well have lost but possibly not in so spineless a manner.
Another manager may have made City less confident. They attacked relentlessly from the off. That we couldn't deal with it was more of an issue of our shit players.

The Bayern defeat was about the best we could hope for. A heroic effort. When Manchester United draw one of the big clubs of Europe, it usually means the end. Always has, probably always will.
Closed Thread