United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2014, 10:59 PM
Lok

Sleep well lads, tomorrow could be the big day.

A convincing win for Everton would surely see the @#%&! off.

I'm giddy just thinking about it.

No matter what, Moyes is going to finally get the abuse he deserves. Just a shame it's from the wrong set of fans.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:01 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
No matter what, Moyes is going to finally get the abuse he deserves. Just a shame it's from the wrong set of fans.
Abuse? No, they're just going to be singing that "stuck with Moyes" song for ninety minutes in that horrible accent. They're laughing at us and they're right to because we put up with this £#%&!wit.

He's not going anywhere. I've resigned myself to that. He's made us utterly shit, handed the verm our league trophy on a silver plate, and he hasn't hanged himself in disgrace, so he's here forever.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:04 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Abuse? No, they're just going to be singing that "stuck with Moyes" song for ninety minutes in that horrible accent. They're laughing at us and they're right to because we put up with this £#%&!wit.

He's not going anywhere. I've resigned myself to that. He's made us utterly shit, handed the verm our league trophy on a silver plate, and he hasn't hanged himself in disgrace, so he's here forever.
He'll get abuse. They absolutely hate him and they're not typically shy of letting their feelings known.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of 'stuck with Moyes' chants, but I reckon he'll come in for more stick.

Let's not foget, these are the lot who like to sing "Die Kai Rooney".

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:06 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

we will win the remaining games thus giving a glimmer of hope for next season,only to have a carbon copy of this season!then repeat year on year ,its the Moyes blueprint

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:07 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

It'd be just like Moyes to get a £#%&!ing result tomorrow & he'll act like he's turned things around.
Everton will bottle it. They're well capable of beating us but the expectancy will be too much for them to deal with.
£#%&!ing Fellaini will score tomorrow as well and all of his apologists will be giving it the old 'I Told You So's

Liverpool win the League & we get stuck with Moyes for another 2 years because he's nicked a result against his old Club.
£#%&!ing Phil Nev today saying that we're in good form - in our last game we were knocked out of Europe you £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:10 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
£#%&!ing Phil Nev today saying that we're in good form - in our last game we were knocked out of Europe you £#%&!ing #@&%!.
He what?

He's gone full #@&%! NQAT

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He what?

He's gone full #@&%! NQAT
What can someone like him teach the likes of van persie? Pathetic coaching staff.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:17 PM
ZiggyStardust

For some reason this article from Ian Ross earlier on in the season escaped everyone's notice

Ross was head of communications at Everton for 10 years while Moyes was there

Did everyone at Everton consider him a dour negative @#%&!
Quote:
I reference that famous journalistic intro simply because during his tenure at Old Trafford – be it short or be it lengthy - Moyes will, unquestionably, upset and irritate far more people than he will amuse and beguile. The initial convivial smiles will disappear to be replaced by the more familiar pale-faced grimaces which so characterised his years on Merseyside
Quote:
This single-mindedness will, of course, serve United very well – the irony being that Moyes’ greatest strength, his stubbornness and his unswerving pragmatism, may well prove to be his greatest weakness.

At Everton, he built teams which were designed to avoid defeat – often ( indeed, too often for comfort ) he stood accused of regarding narrow defeats at the hands of his club’s perceived betters – United, Arsenal, Chelsea et al – as akin to triumphs.

After an admittedly demanding opening Premier League sequence which has seen his new charges held by Chelsea and over-turned by both Liverpool and Manchester City, many are wondering if Moyes did, perhaps, spend a little too long down the East-Lancs Road at Goodison…..wondering if the “Everton mentality” is so deeply ingrained that he will struggle to adapt to life at a club where winning is not regarded as a bonus but is demanded on a quite dizzying basis.

Moyes’ fate will almost certainly be decided by his ability – or lack of it – within a transfer market which in the past has, quite predictably, provided his finest and darkest hours.

He often bought both well and prudently – Tim Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Phil Neville, Nigel Martyn, Thomas Gravesen, Kevin Campbell – but I was once shown a list of the players who were offered to Moyes but who he subsequently declined to take a chance on. It would be wrong to go into detail here – but it was one hell of a line-up.
http://www.onsidesport.co.uk/ross-on...driven-detail/

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Michael Myers

In my heart I don't think he'll get the sack. He's here 'til Christmas at least, I fear. By then the damage inflicted will rule us out of challenging for years.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:23 PM
jaybrightonboy

£#%&!ing Phil Nev today saying that we're in good form - in our last game we were knocked out of Europe you £#%&!ing #@&%!.[/quote]

Getting beat by only 2 goals counts as a win for moyes and his f***wits.
the amount of times ive heard moyes say were in good form over this season should tell the owners all they need to know about this clown.

but no, europa qualification is now what the manager of manchester united needs to do , to keep his job.
jesus christ . Tel me im wrong ?

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:33 PM
red in cumbria

Winning a single game has been cited as "good form" by Gollum on more than one occasion. Truly, YCNMIU :shakehead:

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Winning a single game has been cited as "good form" by Gollum on more than one occasion. Truly, YCNMIU :shakehead:
Well on this occasion it's losing a single game.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:47 PM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
This is what Neville said about going to Everton

Quote:
We know we have got to win but the pressure is on Everton to beat us. We can go there and enjoy the occasion.
No pressure and we can enjoy ourselves, enjoy being out of the title chase, enjoy Liverpool taking our trophy, enjoy no champions league football next season. What a £#%&!ing laugh we're all having thanks to you and your mates Phil, you useless dick.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:56 PM
armchair

He left a fantastic foundation for Martinez to build on...unlike that drunkard fergie who left behind a shambles of a club apparently.

How is Moyes still in the job? How can he arrive and tell people who have won lots of medals that they are shit and get away with it? Beggars belief.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:57 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
He wasn't a great defender but his energy and pace up and down the wing made him an incredible opponent to try and stop. Gotta go down as one of the greats.

Agree that £30m isn't too alarming for the best young talent in the world, Gotze, Marquinhos and hazard are good examples. Pogba or Carvalho would set you back that much. Players who will go on to be the best of their generation.

Does Shaw fit into that? £30m would make him the 3rd/4th most expensive defender of all time....and the only people above him would be thiago silva and marquinhos who both went to psg for silly oil money and rio who is an all time great and was always touted as such and was signed from hated rivals at a time when our defence was terrible and he was the clear choice.

I don't think the market has reached that state at all, only for us maybe with our thirst for £30m signings. Varane, Digne, Alba all top young defenders who moved for much less despite having bigger reputations and probably more talent.
Wasn't fit to lace the blokes boots playing right back in the same team most of his international career.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:58 PM
Michael Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Wasn't fit to lace the blokes boots playing right back in the same team most of his international career.
Cafu? Tremendous player.

Unread 20-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He left a fantastic foundation for Martinez to build on...unlike that drunkard fergie who left behind a shambles of a club apparently.
Moyes was left a perfectly adequate squad that should have easily qualified for the champions league, even with all it's obvious flaws. A manager with some balls and a clue could have done that.

However, that doesn't excuse the rot that's been allowed to set in under the latter years of Fergie's tenure. Right from the first team down to our youth set up, we have stagnated and been left behind by clubs that have embraced a more modern approach whilst we continue to operate in pre historic fashion.

As a club we have no clear footballing ethos and objectives other than "lets get a hardworking scot in and hope for the best". The footballing side of the club has been neglected in favour of relentless pursuit of sponsors and securing big marketing deals.

Unread 20-04-2014, 12:08 AM
Michael Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As a club we have no clear footballing ethos and objectives other than "lets get a hardworking scot in and hope for the best". The footballing side of the club has been neglected in favour of relentless pursuit of sponsors and securing big marketing deals.
Yeah, but just think of the tales you'll be able to tell your grandchildren about watching the Mister Potato advert on the brightest and most sophisticated advertising boards in the history of football.

Unread 20-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
The really depressing rumour is that Motes was ready to quit after the Liverpool catastrophe - but somebody, somewhere, convinced him not to.

WHO????????
I don't believe that happened. I think that's when it was decided to get rid of him. I think the story has been put out there because it's preparing the fans for how it's going to play out. He's already been told he's going, which is why he no longer looks so stressed recently and the players have started giving a shit again, but it's been agreed between moyes and the club for it to be stage managed so both parties can save face. The public story when the time comes will be that he's offered his resignation again and the club have reluctantly agreed. This allows the club to save face over their bullshit about giving managers time, and helps moyes reputation in his efforts to get another job by the team playing better and getting improved results before he goes and also not having a sacking on his public record.
Closed Thread