United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I disagree.

Sure Marques leaned into him but Ronaldo went down to easy. What are you suppose to do not use any strength against players anymore? Is it a foul every time you nudge someone over now?

The only definite pen was the hand ball, if he had buried that I think we'd have scored a few. When we got it I thought our luck in big European games had changed, but I just knew he'd miss it.
Marquez could always try going for the ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
when you're moving as fast as ronnie does it only takes minimal contact for you to lose your balance. the marquez foul was a penalty and a red card. no attempt to play the ball (it was out of reach) and a deliberate (successful) attempt to block ronnie with an arm across his chest. he could have got away with it if the ball was there, as a 50-50 challenge, but not with the ball ten foot away and ronnie going past him.

barca should have been down to ten men from that point on.
spot on

Unread 24-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

No way was the marquez incident a penalty - looked it from where I was at the time but watching the replays its just shoulder to shoulder.
He wasn't moving that fast at the time, and if he'd wanted to he's got the strength to muscle Marquez off the ball there.

Unread 24-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
No way was the marquez incident a penalty - looked it from where I was at the time but watching the replays its just shoulder to shoulder.
He wasn't moving that fast at the time, and if he'd wanted to he's got the strength to muscle Marquez off the ball there.

shoulder to shoulder went out the door years ago, football has moved on.

Its such a blatant penalty, Marquez made no attempt to go for the ball.

Unread 24-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Spiffy

Are we just brushing over the fact that Rio gave away a penalty and should have been sent off but we got away with it? I wouldn't want that to get in the way of your persecution complex so we'll just ignore that and only focus on the things that went against us eh?

Unread 24-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Are we just brushing over the fact that Rio gave away a penalty and should have been sent off but we got away with it? I wouldn't want that to get in the way of your persecution complex so we'll just ignore that and only focus on the things that went against us eh?
no doubt about it Rio should have given a penalty away, think it would have been harsh to send him off though.

But would Ronnie have missed a 2nd penalty, I doubt it! Anyway they'd have been down to 10 men and it would have been such a different game.

1-1 or 0-0, its a no brainer sniffer

Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Yep, surprised nobody has mentioned this, it was absolutely stonewall. Credit to Etoo for staying on his feet.

For me our other penalty shouts were a bit hopeful, nothing which was a definite pen for me. So considering that we did get one decision, but Barca weren't given their absolutely blatant one, I think we should stop whining about not getting another pen to be honest

Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
shoulder to shoulder went out the door years ago, football has moved on.
Dont talk daft
Closed Thread