United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-09-2017, 02:36 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wufta
Does anyone else feel sorry for the bloke? Can't just be me. You can't argue against the fact he had a good track record before joining utd. Stepping into Fergie's shoes can't have been easy. He was clearly out of his depth but I reckon anyone would have been. Look at LVG; he bottled it too. Even the special one took time (and money) to start getting things going. I think it's a fair point when he talks about money improving a squad. In fact it's common sense.
i did, briefly. i was relatively behind his appointment at the time and, while all the insipid chatter about 'trying' irritated me, ultimately i didn't blame him for being out of his depth: succeeding fergie was a near-impossible task, his record at everton was generally reliable, he had adapted well as a top six manager and he was hardly going to turn the job down. it didn't work out, we move on.

his general demeanour since has laid waste to all that though. i'll freely admit that i have no regard for sunderland, but waltzing in there, announcing they were in a relegation battle before the season had even kicked off, duly taking them down then £#%&!ing off and acting like he'd done them a favour was about as far as it went for me. with hindsight, disregarding remarks about aspiring to be like city seems remarkably generous on my part. i take it all back. he's a suppurating £#%&!ing bedsore.

Unread 03-09-2017, 02:47 AM
Clarkie

I say this straight up, from the moment it was announced he was our manager, my life went to complete shit. Rock bottom!

He gets sacked, things start to improve! It's not just football clubs he ruins.

I have zero time for him and always have done since his Everton days. Was fully prepared to give him a chance but, that pre season was enough evidence to know he was clueless

Unread 03-09-2017, 03:41 AM
Stickman

Easily the best thing about The Moyes tenure was that the forum united. Indeed, Moyes bashing became quite hilarious and some of MJs posts around mid season were a sight to behold

The day before he was sacked and when it was finally announced are probably in my top 5 Fred moments. Right up there with the Chelsea Barca debacle and Marlos appearance at Camp Nou.

It's reassuring to know that if we go to war again, Fredsters are ready to pull in the same direction. Moyes showed this place to be a true Band of brothers if anything.

Unread 03-09-2017, 01:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Easily the best thing about The Moyes tenure was that the forum united. Indeed, Moyes bashing became quite hilarious and some of MJs posts around mid season were a sight to behold

The day before he was sacked and when it was finally announced are probably in my top 5 Fred moments. Right up there with the Chelsea Barca debacle and Marlos appearance at Camp Nou.

It's reassuring to know that if we go to war again, Fredsters are ready to pull in the same direction. Moyes showed this place to be a true Band of brothers if anything.
Could never go as far as wanting us to lose though.

Unread 03-09-2017, 03:28 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Could never go as far as wanting us to lose though.
You didnt need to, I've never been as convinced beforehand we were going to lose a game as that Everton away, I would have bet the lot we were going to lose that.

I am eternally grateful that Moyes' season came in the middle of me emigrating so I missed a lot of it, the Sunderland home leg was the day I landed, I remember scrambling about like a madman to find wifi then when I saw we had lost on pens 2-1 or whatever it was I just laughed, it was either that or cry and that summed up his reign.

Unread 03-09-2017, 03:42 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
i did, briefly. i was relatively behind his appointment at the time and, while all the insipid chatter about 'trying' irritated me, ultimately i didn't blame him for being out of his depth: succeeding fergie was a near-impossible task, his record at everton was generally reliable, he had adapted well as a top six manager and he was hardly going to turn the job down. it didn't work out, we move on.

his general demeanour since has laid waste to all that though. i'll freely admit that i have no regard for sunderland, but waltzing in there, announcing they were in a relegation battle before the season had even kicked off, duly taking them down then £#%&!ing off and acting like he'd done them a favour was about as far as it went for me. with hindsight, disregarding remarks about aspiring to be like city seems remarkably generous on my part. i take it all back. he's a suppurating £#%&!ing bedsore.
He did "forgo" his payoff of course (having already made millions from failing here and in Spain) Has never forgone an opportunity to milk that for all its worth either

Unread 03-09-2017, 04:11 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He did "forgo" his payoff of course (having already made millions from failing here and in Spain) Has never forgone an opportunity to milk that for all its worth either
He learned a lot in Spain. Mainly how to fail in another language

Unread 03-09-2017, 06:30 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
He learned a lot in Spain. Mainly how to fail in another language
The other team got un, dos tres puntos tonight, Pedro

Unread 04-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Vetch

He's waiting on the Scotland job.

nqat.

Unread 04-09-2017, 12:36 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetch

nqat.
Nah

Celtic after the reborn Brenton is invited back to the Renters.

Unread 04-09-2017, 03:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetch

nqat.
Aren't they doing reasonably OK at the moment?

Unread 06-09-2017, 02:53 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Nah

Celtic after the reborn Brenton is invited back to the Renters.
Who'd be happier with that, Sturridge or Pop?
Closed Thread