Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2017, 08:29 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Tbf why people you see every day want a £#%&!ing card is beyond me too
Well, there's lovely.

The French and the Welsh have a lot in common.

Unread 21-01-2017, 08:33 PM
hopkins

loved sparky, hate lesley

Unread 21-01-2017, 08:34 PM
believe

Anyone would think he worked for united.

Unread 21-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
I remember reading he was a miserable bastard when he was a player. Something about not sending Christmas cards to his teammates as they weren't friends.

Great player. But at the end of the day he's Welsh, so what do you expect? If he wasn't in football he'd be drinking alone in rural welsh pubs, wearing an arran sweater, brooding on which holiday home to torch.
Uncanny.

Quote:
But there is history. Ned Kelly, once United's head of security, remembers bumping into Hughes in a nightclub one evening in 1995, shortly after the player had left Old Trafford to join Chelsea.

"Whether it was the lateness of the hour, the strength of the alcohol, or something he had read ... Sparky wanted to talk only about his former manager," Kelly recalls. "'Fergie never really rated me as a player,' he complained. 'I was only brought back from Barcelona to keep the fans happy.'"

Kelly remembers telling him "that's %@#$&!s", but being unable to cheer him up. "Mark refused to listen. He was more interested in berating Fergie. It was sad that someone who had given such sterling service to the club had spent all those years believing his manager had thought so little of him."

Unread 21-01-2017, 09:18 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Well, there's lovely.

Unread 21-01-2017, 09:38 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Well, there's lovely.

Both better at football than England?

Unread 21-01-2017, 09:56 PM
dinger

That gasp of breath he takes mid sentence is reason enough to detest the @#%&!

Unread 21-01-2017, 10:04 PM
suedeshoes

Absolute great. One of my heroes. To add to another debate; not fit to lace Rooney's boots #80sreds

Unread 21-01-2017, 10:10 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Absolute great. One of my heroes. To add to another debate; not fit to lace Rooney's boots #80sreds

I love only fools and horses as well but I don't think it's fair we compare people from different professions.

Unread 21-01-2017, 10:25 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Uncanny.
In the days when the t shirts said "Hughes/McClair 1st Division nightmare" when neither could buy a goal he dropped Hughes in favour of mclair. You'd have to have a pretty low opinion of anyone to drop them to play mclair.*

*i was all of it. I loved choccy in those days

Unread 21-01-2017, 11:39 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial
I love only fools and horses as well but I don't think it's fair we compare people from different professions.
To slow

Unread 21-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Sparky***

loved him as a player but as a manager he's a £#%&!ing sheep headed horrible £#%&!ing ungracious #@&%!.

Even today he was moaning about "where has 5 mins stoppage time come from?"

From all the time you instructed your team to waste 2nd half you £#%&!ing stupid @#%&!.

Unread 21-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
In the days when the t shirts said "Hughes/McClair 1st Division nightmare" when neither could buy a goal he dropped Hughes in favour of mclair. You'd have to have a pretty low opinion of anyone to drop them to play mclair.*

*i was all of it. I loved choccy in those days
Wouldn't you see Sparky as more of a no10, or lone striker holding the ball up than a goal poacher?

Reckon Mourinho would've loved him.

Unread 21-01-2017, 11:44 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Went off him big time when he was at Blackburn, the spell at City nailed him as a c*** and dead to me.
Exactly this. You'd think he played for Leeds all his career the way he seems towards us.

Unread 22-01-2017, 12:15 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
He's never said that
He most certainly did

Unread 22-01-2017, 12:16 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He most certainly did
Ah yes. Waste time and then complain when ref adds time. Classic.

Unread 22-01-2017, 07:04 AM
ScarFace

Loved him as a kid.

Had a near real size, full-length poster of him in my room ( robbed from the Umbro warehouse by my now brother in law who worked there. Used to get me all the utd shirts for a fiver because the label had been somewhere damaged....cool story ). His thighs on that should have turned me gay.

Hate him now. Such a @#%&!. Really from the very moment he went to Chelsea, he seems to have become a ghoul.

Unread 22-01-2017, 09:59 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Wouldn't you see Sparky as more of a no10, or lone striker holding the ball up than a goal poacher?

Reckon Mourinho would've loved him.
Four four two for me, pal.

Give me a good old fashioned centre forward partnership over this fancy pants foreign false nine lone striker bullshit any day.

Brian Deane & Tony Agana > Fancy Dan

Unread 22-01-2017, 10:03 AM
no fun

Hughes got @#%&!ted by a Noonan
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...g6DpwQ6AEILDAF

A group of united players were going into the haciendoh, and hughes " jokingly" called Ince a racist name...the doorman @#%&!ted him

Unread 22-01-2017, 10:21 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Ah yes. Waste time and then complain when ref adds time. Classic.
Just like when Bellamy celebrated for two minutes (or maybe he was trying to find his neck) and he still saw his arse when the time was added on for it.
Closed Thread