United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:33 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Fella? Dearie me - Buddy would suit me better. I've answered your point earlier - or would that require you to read someone else's contribution as opposed to sounding off and not pithily.
"Contribution"

Tell you what, why don't you run off and make us up a list of CR approved topics, that way everyone will be clear what we are and aren't allowed to talk about, and you actually will be making a contribution.

Win/win.

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Zorg

Managers all turn into Ferguson if given enough time so I don't mind.

Unread 10-10-2015, 08:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Fergie's lot may love Giggs to get the job, (though according to red issue Neville wants the job himself), and will be doing every trick they can think of to make it happen. But I highly doubt the glazers and Woodward will ever again employ an untried manager at this level. They're not going to gamble their investment like that, and again, according to red issue last year he's been made aware of that fact by Woodward. If they give Giggs the job after van gaal, there will have been some dodgy shit happening behind the scenes for it to happen. The glazers selling up would probably ensure Giggs gets the job. Someone like peter limm or some other fergie friendly takeover.

Ideally, van gaal continues the progress and then signs a two year extension. Klopp builds Liverpool into a good team which finishes second to us, lets his contract run down and signs for us in 3 years.
Phil of that ilk, presumably?? At least it would be piss funny

Just imagine the SEETHING on Verminville if Klopp did what you said

Unread 10-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Wingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Ok, so what do we know? Well we know that Van Gaal has categorically stated next season will be his last, and he's not a man to go back on his word. So at the very outside the club will be making a decision on who is to be the next manager by this time next year; earlier if Woody is a smart guy. And let's hope he learned his lesson from the whole Moyes debacle.

So where does that leave Giggs? Well, he will know that hiring an established manager will probably entail bringing in a team, which will leave him out in the cold. He cannot hope to be passed from manager to manager, so he has to make a decision for himself. He wants the manager's job, that much is clear. Part of the establishment wants him also (Fergie and the rest of the 92 gang), but this is Manchester United, not the class of 92 get along gang. I appreciate everything that group of players did for us, but that doesn't mean we are in thrall to them for the rest of existence. Football matters should require sound football decisions, and I'm not sure where hiring a man who has absolutely zero experience of managing anyone, let alone one of the biggest clubs in the world falls into that category. Moyes objectors should appreciate that more than anyone. If that's not lesson learned, then I don't know what it takes.

Fergie himself took pains to express his belief that all young managers should earn their stripes at a lower level, and I agree with him. Obviously he has now done a 180, as is his wont when it suits his purposes, but you can't unring a bell. He said it and he was correct. No way Giggs should be United's next manager. If he has it in him he will be successful elsewhere, then come back ready. This is not a job for cutting your teeth on. My fear is that as the zero hour approaches, Giggs and his allies will begin to position themselves regardless of the detrimental effect on the club. If the leaks to the Times indeed came from him, then it's indicative of what we can expect going forward.

If Guardiola is indeed approaching availability, and we allow him to go to City and instead appoint Giggs, then we will get what we deserve.
Perhaps we should go for Pep who cut his managerial teeth at a big club like Barcelona having played the majority of his career there during the dream team era.

Unread 11-10-2015, 12:11 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingers
Perhaps we should go for Pep who cut his managerial teeth at a big club like Barcelona having played the majority of his career there during the dream team era.
Though to be fair, Guardiola did coach their second team for a while, and having three of the top five players in the world in your team forgives a multitude of sins. If we were a settled team full of world class players maybe Giggs could come in and make a fist of things. Unfortunately we are not.

Unread 11-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Chorlton74

Does he still listen to Kenny Thomas and the Brand New Heavies?

Unread 11-10-2015, 02:09 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Phil of that ilk, presumably?? At least it would be piss funny
Gary.

Quote:
Though to be fair, Guardiola did coach their second team for a while, and having three of the top five players in the world in your team forgives a multitude of sins. If we were a settled team full of world class players maybe Giggs could come in and make a fist of things. Unfortunately we are not.
Even now, I still think there's question marks over guardiola. He's inherited teams full of great players, rather than having to build one, or manage a transition as older players retire. I don't think his record with player purchases is that impressive, and he's not really improved either barca or bayern as his time with them went on. Besides that, his teams bore me, even when they perform exactly as he wants them to. City can have him.

As for Giggs, if it wasn't for the united connection, he wouldn't be in any ones top 50 list for potential manager after van gaal.

I'd say very few multi-millionaire players transition into top managers, as they don't learn their trade at a lower level, nor are they probably that hungry for it. Ferguson, klopp, wenger, mourinho, van gaal. None of them were a multi-millionaire or brilliant player. They needed to work and they had to start off low, rather than sitting on their arse and expect to be handed the top job in the game. Make any of them managers of united as their first job, and they likely fail miserably. Maybe Giggs is just magically better than all of them.

Unread 11-10-2015, 10:19 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
"Contribution"

Tell you what, why don't you run off and make us up a list of CR approved topics, that way everyone will be clear what we are and aren't allowed to talk about, and you actually will be making a contribution.

Win/win.
Well, my contribution was that Van Gaal might well stay longer than the Summer of 2017 making any debate about his successor now futile. So if you want to post futile stuff, that's your contribution in a nutshell FELLA - I think we'd all like it if you used less paragraphs though.

I'll DM you the list in the meantime.

Unread 11-10-2015, 10:24 AM
saffers

Quote:
Well, my contribution was that Van Gaal might well stay longer than the Summer of 2017 making any debate about his successor now futile.
Sounds like you're nervous about our wager, fella.

Pleased that I showed my class in not demanding your exit from the forum as part of the bet.

We should do another bet btw, LvG canned by June 2016. Canned btw, not mutual/resigns. Canned.

Unread 11-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Sounds like you're nervous about our wager, fella.

Pleased that I showed my class in not demanding your exit from the forum as part of the bet.

We should do another bet btw, LvG canned by June 2016. Canned btw, not mutual/resigns. Canned.
You are one cheeky @#%&!. Fella.

Class? I offered to go if United finished less than third - remember, you're only on here because of my fulsome and all seeing benevolence.

So here's the bet - LVG will not be canned by June 2016. If he is, I will fook off here sharpish and you and the other bell can strategise like chess players about a made up future and if he isn't - off you pop.

Unread 11-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Sparky***

Why does anyone have to leave the forum? I like Rougers

Unread 11-10-2015, 01:08 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's not rougers who we're likely to lose.
Big saffers has promised to quit if we finish 3rd or higher
I think this time he means it.

Unread 11-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Unread 11-10-2015, 01:16 PM
saffers

Quote:
You are one cheeky @#%&!. Fella.

Class? I offered to go if United finished less than third - remember, you're only on here because of my fulsome and all seeing benevolence.

So here's the bet - LVG will not be canned by June 2016. If he is, I will fook off here sharpish and you and the other bell can strategise like chess players about a made up future and if he isn't - off you pop.
Alright buddy, you got a deal but only on the same terms as the other active bet this season. Both things are certain to happen and I don't want any collateral damage to come out of it. Take it or leave it.

Unread 11-10-2015, 02:32 PM
RedMenace

I'm curious as to how this canned v resigning/mutual consent thing will be decided. The wording of the club statement? Press reports?

Unread 11-10-2015, 02:44 PM
itisme_panaflex

So if lvg gets sacked prior to june 2016 it's goodbye charles.

And if we get 3rd or higher, ta ra saffers.

This season just got interesting

Unread 11-10-2015, 02:46 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Alright buddy, you got a deal but only on the same terms as the other active bet this season. Both things are certain to happen and I don't want any collateral damage to come out of it. Take it or leave it.
Done. Proof that in your case - class is temporary.

Unread 11-10-2015, 02:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Gary.
Yes, I know. That was the little joke

Unread 11-10-2015, 03:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Well, my contribution was that Van Gaal might well stay longer than the Summer of 2017 making any debate about his successor now futile. So if you want to post futile stuff, that's your contribution in a nutshell FELLA - I think we'd all like it if you used less paragraphs though.

I'll DM you the list in the meantime.
You're making yourself look like a mug to be honest. Every thread that starts on here these days you can almost count down the posts until the first member of the forum gestapo show up to tell everyone to disperse because they feel this isn't a subject fit for discussion, or try to relegate others opinions to bed wetting. Boring. Then you'll probably go and take the piss out of Rawk.

Well as always the people will decide what they do and don't want to talk about, not you. You don't like it, £#%&! off. Simple.

Unread 11-10-2015, 03:31 PM
My Name is Keith

i hope Giggs makes it as a manager but he'll need to prove himself elsewhere. Any support he has to become uniteds manager after lvg would be based entirely on his success as a player and surely he has to learn his trade elsewhere and prove himself before he gets anywhere near one of the biggest jobs in football.

People would laugh if you suggested keane, Robson, Hughes, Bruce and ole were going to be the next United manager so why on earth would the club or anyone think that giggs could do it?

The problem is that the best managers we'd identified on here are either at other clubs (klopp), or potentially likely to go to other clubs (simione Chelsea and pep at city). Having all the top managers potentially at all of our rivals is a bit shit tbh.

Let's hope lvg does the business and extends his contract. Atm I'm not confident about either.
Closed Thread