Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Cheers Watcher. Yes, exactly what I was thinking btw
Great minds and all that

Unread 26-03-2007, 09:58 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
questions to Ronaldo were snide, leading, snotty ABU £#%&!wittery disguised as reporting. No surprises there, then.

Where I have to give him some grudging credit is in not being cowed by Fergie (even though he deserved to be.) It's a pity real journalists with proper, pertinent questions haven't shown anything like the same bottle.
Yes, I'd agree with that.

Also, I think Ronaldo's English "disimproved" as the interview went on. Was either the pressure of the questioning *cough* or maybe just maybe he was putting it on.

I saw an MUTV press conference last week regarding the Ferdinand "injury" and while you'd sympathise with Ferguson in dealing with shit-stirring journalists, it wouldn't kill him to demonstrate a small bit more cool. Doesn't reflect well on the club.

Unread 26-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Just to be clear - I'm not 'having a go at the manager' and 'siding with the abu press'

I just have a slightly different idea on dealing with them, its called rising above and most of the time thats how you earn respect but anyway lets move on i'm clearly in the minority here and getting trashed!

Unread 26-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Just to be clear - I'm not 'having a go at the manager' and 'siding with the abu press'

I just have a slightly different idea on dealing with them, its called rising above and most of the time thats how you earn respect but anyway lets move on i'm clearly in the minority here and getting trashed!
So when you see an outsider having a pop at one of your own you just "rise above it" do you? And you think Ferguson hasn't earned respect because he thinks certain members of the media act like @#%&!s and isn't shy about telling them?

And what are these dealings you have with the football media day after day that have taught you this "slightly different idea on dealing with them"? Come on, I'm dying to know.

Let's be clear here: arguments that Ferguson has with individuals who work for the media are not news. Even if the media report them as if they are. It is even debateable whether him telling some clown to £#%&! off out of a United press conference is news as far as I'm concerned. I really do not care about these things.

The football media do have a job to do. But 99 times out of 100 they could do it perfectly well without having need of a press conference. If they want to take the piss while they're there then they deserve everything they get. And if they want to go and bitch about it in their articles and commentaries, then it is up to us to use our brains to see it for what it is - and for us to rise above it.

There are some pertinent questions which it would be interesting to hear unrestrained answers to, as Tropical said earlier. But these answers are never ever going to come from a pre/post match press conference or interview, are they now. And any journalist who tries it on in such a situation should know - and does know - that they leave themselves open to a proper round of £#%&!s. Sure, they can bitch about it. But so £#%&!in what? Do they think we're stupid? Do they think we don't know what's going on? Or are they relying on the fact that so many are sucked in by the newsmedia's triumph of suggestion, and their brain-washing of modern society into believing any old shit is news.

Unread 26-03-2007, 03:59 PM
wonky no

If they don't like the way Fergie is then they should £#%&! off and get some other club and manager to sell their @#%&!ing papers/tv.

They should obey the man, he's given countless journo's a life or luxury through sales etc.

£#%&! 'em.
Closed Thread