United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Gog Coch

Default Good Old Fergie

And Ferguson exploded.

How dare a journalist expose one of his players to a stream of pertinent and unscripted questions! And not just ‘one of his players’, but the young man who represents United’s greatest hope of delivering the season of their dreams.

In his ludicrous indignation, Sir Alex did what he does on such occasions. He swore, loudly and crudely. I offer the merest flavour of his tantrum.

Ferguson: ‘F*****g bastard.’
Shreeves: ‘Don’t talk to me like that.’
Ferguson: ‘F*** off to you.’
Shreeves: ‘Don’t talk to me like that. Don’t even think about it.’
Ferguson: ‘Don’t you think about it,you ****. F***off. Right?’
Shreeves: ‘Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?’
Ferguson: ‘You f*****g be professional. You be professional. You’re the one.’

Shreeves was not intimidated. Indeed, he retained his dignity while conveying his contempt. And it was high time that somebody made a public stand. For, while he may think otherwise, Ferguson is not exempt from the laws of civilised courtesy which govern the rest of us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...page_id=19 51

Unread 25-03-2007, 01:47 PM
armchair

Best thing Fergie has done in a while. I'm sick of leading questions from journos hoping to stir up controversy so their overlord can sell more papers.

Unread 25-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
And Ferguson exploded.

How dare a journalist expose one of his players to a stream of pertinent and unscripted questions!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...page_id=19 51
Unscripted? £#%&! me is that a joke?

Unread 25-03-2007, 02:18 PM
borsuk

Default gog coch is absolutely right

if a journalist is not allowed to ask questions that he knows the interviewee will not understand how on earth can he do his job properly? ffs, what do you expect - for journalists to actually want to find out what ronnie thinks and how he feels? no-one cares about that, not when you can fire off cheap shot questions to create a controversy where there is none.

shreeves got what he deserved. and i'd have a lot more time for him if he was as concerned for others' dignity as his own: he didn't seem too concerned about that when interviewing a young lad who had done nothing wrong and whose english is not the best.

shreeves is a slimy little insect whose behaviour shows he has no interest in the game and every interest in throwing mud at whatever he can. odious little parasite infesting the game. shame fergie was so polite, imho.

Unread 25-03-2007, 02:23 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Ferguson should have smacked the snide bastard.

Unread 25-03-2007, 09:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
shreeves is a slimy little insect whose behaviour shows he has no interest in the game and every interest in throwing mud at whatever he can. odious little parasite infesting the game. shame fergie was so polite, imho.
I think that's harsh.

shreeves has never asked a pertinent or insightful question in his life. that was just a typical interview by a man who is a complete £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 25-03-2007, 09:35 PM
1MUFC

[SIZE="7"]Ferguson’s red and white army

Unread 25-03-2007, 09:49 PM
MJ Ramone

The most idiotic thing about Shreeves 'interview' was that it was a cast iron - 100% penalty. It wasn't even slightly controversial.
The Middlesbrough bench created the whole thing.

I can't believe he actually asked him "Do you think you could have stayed on your feet?"!!!??...Yeah, course he could Jeff. Running into the box, Woodgate's knee connects with his at top speed...dead easy to keep your balance

Did anyone see Lampard's dive last night???...or Aggbonlahorr's (sp?) for the under-21s yesterday afternoon??
Both times the commentator used words like 'fell' instead of 'dive'...or 'his momentum took him over' etc..
£#%&!ing hypocrites.

Unread 25-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

But really where does swearing at the guy get you? everyone knows journos are not arsed about being abused, it's all part of the job to them. It achives nothing and really it's a bit of a greedy thing to do because you're only doing it to make yourself feel better.

Fergie should have just had a quiet word with him in a sensible manner and he *might* have got his point accross and maybe got the bloke and his media pals on side a bit. Maybe not, but worth a try, certainly better than swearing at him anyway.

You have to understand that people want the underdog to win, especially in the f.a cup - there was a sense of injustice because ronaldo did dive in the previous game - although this was a clear cut pen it left a particulary sour taste in boro's mouth and clearly they managed to influence the journo who probably feels at bit of a @#%&! right now anyway because almost everyone agrees that his questions didnt make sense due to it being a definite penalty.

I can never understand fergusons constant outrage at the media - they say something he doesnt like and he goes £#%&!ing apeshit and takes everything personally. How many of us actually take what the media say seriously? so why get worked up about it?...

Unread 25-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy

I can never understand fergusons constant outrage at the media - they say something he doesnt like and he goes £#%&!ing apeshit and takes everything personally. How many of us actually take what the media say seriously? so why get worked up about it?...

Every second (or so!) thread on here is about the media.

Your post is about the version of the story you believe according to the media you've taken your information from.

And btw What "constant outrage"?

Ferguson doesn't need these @#%&!s "on side" does he? Who gives a £#%&! about them?

Apart from you, of course

Unread 25-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Nah you're missing my point - I'm not on anyone's side, you just have to accept the media are a double edged sword - fergie is happy to use them to wind up other managers and influence referees and governing bodies yet when they cross over the boundary of his expectations he freaks out and bans sections of the media from press conferences etc, £#%&!, it wasnt that long ago he almost banned the manchester evening news for daring to bring up FCUM at one of his press conferences, refusing to do interviews if the teams loses etc - no need for it, lack of class imo.

IMO he does a lousy job of handling the press, he takes things personally and makes a big issue out of things when a more diplomatic approach would be far more professional. I dont believe flying off the handle at the press/media helps the team and that should always be his number one priority rather than running personal vendettas etc.

This of course, is nothing more than a minor side issue - he is still the best football manager for united and continues to prove that he can not only produce results but build teams that play with flair. No problem there at all.

Unread 25-03-2007, 11:54 PM
magic_cantona

Ferie out!

At times, our managers actions have been a smidge questionable.But when our/his players get snide @#%&!s looking to stick an unwarranted boot in, Ferguson is 100% Red.

Get in Alex!

Unread 26-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Nah you're missing my point
I'm not missing any point at all. You say no-one takes the media seriously, yet you are basing your version of this story on what the media have told you. You're saying Ferguson should chum up with the media cus it'll help the team, yet you say no-one takes the media seriously. You can't have it both ways.

Ferguson was looking after Ronaldo, just as Wayne Rooney was looking after Ronaldo. The sooner you can get your head round that the better you'll be able to talk about what is in the best interests of the team, imo.

Unread 26-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Tropical

Default Shreeves's

questions to Ronaldo were snide, leading, snotty ABU £#%&!wittery disguised as reporting. No surprises there, then.

Where I have to give him some grudging credit is in not being cowed by Fergie (even though he deserved to be.) It's a pity real journalists with proper, pertinent questions haven't shown anything like the same bottle.

Unread 26-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I'm not missing any point at all. You say no-one takes the media seriously, yet you are basing your version of this story on what the media have told you. You're saying Ferguson should chum up with the media cus it'll help the team, yet you say no-one takes the media seriously. You can't have it both ways.

Ferguson was looking after Ronaldo, just as Wayne Rooney was looking after Ronaldo. The sooner you can get your head round that the better you'll be able to talk about what is in the best interests of the team, imo.
Most of the time stuff in the media is not taken all that seriously, most stories become yesterdays news very quickly and if fergie had said nothing about the ronaldo interview the whole thing would have just blown over. Most people could see that the bloke was being a complete @#%&!, nothing further was needed. Ronaldo didnt need protecting he handled it well by himself.

Ok, here's an example of why fighting with the media doesnt help. the world cup incident with ronaldo - the bbc made a big deal out of that, had fergie's relationship with the bbc been better perhaps they wouldnt have made such a big deal out of it? maybe they would of but having a better relationship with them might of helped. Does that help the team? i think not, in fact ronaldo was ready to leave manchester over it. Because fergie is kicking off with the media all the time, United as a club and United players become automatic targets for negative reporting.

Its not me that wants it both ways - it's fergie - go to war with the media if you want but dont spit your dummy out when they go gunning for you later.

Unread 26-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Most of the time stuff in the media is not taken all that seriously, most stories become yesterdays news very quickly and if fergie had said nothing about the ronaldo interview the whole thing would have just blown over. Most people could see that the bloke was being a complete @#%&!, nothing further was needed. Ronaldo didnt need protecting he handled it well by himself.

Ok, here's an example of why fighting with the media doesnt help. the world cup incident with ronaldo - the bbc made a big deal out of that, had fergie's relationship with the bbc been better perhaps they wouldnt have made such a big deal out of it? maybe they would of but having a better relationship with them might of helped. Does that help the team? i think not, in fact ronaldo was ready to leave manchester over it. Because fergie is kicking off with the media all the time, United as a club and United players become automatic targets for negative reporting.

Its not me that wants it both ways - it's fergie - go to war with the media if you want but dont spit your dummy out when they go gunning for you later.
Sorry, but this argument seems slightly dated.

Ferguson and the BBC is well documented. However, whilst you no doubt would point to the programme aired on BBC3 which he took offence to, I would like to draw attention to the programme attempting to discredit Busby, their mocking dismissal of the attempt to get the Murdoch bid referred to, and thrown out by, the MMC, their shockingly poor reporting of Cantona vs Simmons etc etc

Yes I have deliberately mixed up fans issues from Ferguson issues. But then that's what you're doing as well. How the £#%&! can you say "Ronaldo didn't need protecting"? Sorry, but that is the biggest crock of shit I've read disguised as a serious point for a long long time.

Ferguson is manager of United and Ronaldo is one of his players. He sent Smith running to the tunnel to look after Rooney and Ronaldo, Rooney stepped in on the pitch to do his bit for his team-mate, and Ferguson was 100% spot on to get the United message across about Ronaldo.

As for "Ferguson makes United an automatic target for negative reporting". You live in a £#%&!in dreamworld LMC. United have had negative reporting ever since I've been a fan - and that is a mighty long time, certainly long vefore Ferguson! What he actually does that is so welcome is to tell a few of the ones that he thinks are @#%&!s from his personal dealings with them to £#%&! off and to watch their step. It's doubtful too many United managers will get away with working in this way after he's gone, so anyone who values freedom of speech should make the most of it now, while they still can. And by the way,usually the only thing any of us know about any of his spats with the media is based on gossip and from tittle-tattle - via the media. Becaiuse it's such big news, isn't it. Well, it's about United, anyway

Unread 26-03-2007, 09:41 AM
MUFC One Love

Lampard completely DIVES for England, it was pathetic, the verdict from David Platt - I don't think he's dived there, he's just expected the tackle.

If Ronaldo had done that - DIVED

Unread 26-03-2007, 09:51 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Sorry, but this argument seems slightly dated.

Ferguson and the BBC is well documented. However, whilst you no doubt would point to the programme aired on BBC3 which he took offence to, I would like to draw attention to the programme attempting to discredit Busby, their mocking dismissal of the attempt to get the Murdoch bid referred to, and thrown out by, the MMC, their shockingly poor reporting of Cantona vs Simmons etc etc

Yes I have deliberately mixed up fans issues from Ferguson issues. But then that's what you're doing as well. How the £#%&! can you say "Ronaldo didn't need protecting"? Sorry, but that is the biggest crock of shit I've read disguised as a serious point for a long long time.

Ferguson is manager of United and Ronaldo is one of his players. He sent Smith running to the tunnel to look after Rooney and Ronaldo, Rooney stepped in on the pitch to do his bit for his team-mate, and Ferguson was 100% spot on to get the United message across about Ronaldo.

As for "Ferguson makes United an automatic target for negative reporting". You live in a £#%&!in dreamworld LMC. United have had negative reporting ever since I've been a fan - and that is a mighty long time, certainly long vefore Ferguson! What he actually does that is so welcome is to tell a few of the ones that he thinks are @#%&!s from his personal dealings with them to £#%&! off and to watch their step. It's doubtful too many United managers will get away with working in this way after he's gone, so anyone who values freedom of speech should make the most of it now, while they still can. And by the way,usually the only thing any of us know about any of his spats with the media is based on gossip and from tittle-tattle - via the media. Becaiuse it's such big news, isn't it. Well, it's about United, anyway
Spot on. Can't believe any Red would have a go at the manager because he stuck up for one of our players. I wish he'd tell the no marks from sky to £#%&! off more often!

Utterly £#%&!ing pathetic. If you dislike Fergie, fair enough. But at least find a credible reason for having a go at him, insteading of jumping to the defense of the abu media.

Unread 26-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Gog Coch

Fergies going to go ballistic if he reads the anti Rooney and Rio press today.
Its all theri fault. No mention of that @#%&! Lampard.

Unread 26-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Tumescent Throb

Cheers Watcher. Yes, exactly what I was thinking btw

Watched We will force you to be free prog last night btw. Hope the thread kicks off but gotta fly now.
Closed Thread