United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:00 PM
wonky no

Default Deco?

According to the News of the World (I know)

we are attempting to sign Deco for 15m. He's a good mate of Ronnies, aparently and wants a new challenge.

I'm not sure he's right for the Prem, although he is a skillful little player he is a snidey little cheat that likes to roll about on the floor (Old Trafford?) and at 15m he's an over priced gamble.

Also there's no point signing him unless we sign Hargreaves which in total will cost us 35m without signing a striker.

If the Glazers sanction say, 30m we would need to raise at least another 13m to buy a striker.

Smith 5m?
Richardson 4m?
Brown 6m?

Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near him.

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:12 PM
LushyLouTheLesbianShoe

He's an even worse diver that Ronnie, but we'd be the strongest team in the land with him, bar none

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Crumps

Good player if you are playing in Spain or Portugal but I really don't think he'd adjust to the physical side of the game over here. If he did come though he'd probably get a Bafta.

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:18 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
Good player if you are playing in Spain or Portugal but I really don't think he'd adjust to the physical side of the game over here. If he did come though he'd probably get a Bafta.
cracking player - just worry that it could become a bit Veronesque.

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:19 PM
wonky no

Quote:

Indeed, plus our midfield would be weak if he played alongside Scholes or Carrick, which leaves...........................I don't want to say it *gulp.

How much would o'shea go for?

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Billy Baroo

class

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:23 PM
thatsfuctit

[YOUTUBE]k6KJ6OppyjU[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
cracking player - just worry that it could become a bit Veronesque.
Agreed. At the time we bought Veron he was totally aclimatised to the game in Italy and it was going to take more than a season or two to totally change his game from the type of football he'd been playing. We got flashes of the player he was but he wasn't given enough time as a first choice central midfielder imo.

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:27 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Agreed. At the time we bought Veron he was totally aclimatised to the game in Italy and it was going to take more than a season or two to totally change his game from the type of football he'd been playing. We got flashes of the player he was but he wasn't given enough time as a first choice central midfielder imo.

I don't think he was arsed enough to adapt.

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Billy Baroo

now he is a proper scholes replacement

fulcrum of porto, barca and prtugese sides

all have been very successful and its no coincidence

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
I don't think he was arsed enough to adapt.
More of a case that Fergie didn't know what to do with him at first (he spent more than his share of games on the left wing) and in that 4-5-1 no-one knew what there role really was and if you dared £#%&! up keano would give you a royal %@#$&!ing. I really don't think we should have sold tbh as he really did look like he was starting to settle into the team and the way the game was played.

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Ollie Trafford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
now he is a proper scholes replacement

fulcrum of porto, barca and prtugese sides

all have been very successful and its no coincidence
only 2 years younger than scholes. and that £#%&!ing compilation - why does he keep changing the camera angles?

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Trafford
only 2 years younger than scholes. and that £#%&!ing compilation - why does he keep changing the camera angles?
deco wasn't behind the camera!

Unread 25-03-2007, 12:47 PM
rebelcountyred

Deco, hated him since his snidey display against us in the champions league for porto, that said he is a good player and i suppose he would bring something to the team, still want a hargreaves type mind.

Unread 25-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Tiberian

Can not see him in the premiership. Skillful, but too slow and physically weak, and would be even more of a defensive liability than Scholes in a 4-4-2.

Unread 25-03-2007, 01:37 PM
armchair

Never liked him but I've grown to appreciate him as a footballer in the last couple of years. He's the player most like Scholes in european football.

Unread 25-03-2007, 01:56 PM
koppas

I pray to God we don't sign the @#%&!.

Unread 25-03-2007, 02:06 PM
El Calafate

bullshit story. do you honestly think Utd would spend £15m on a 29yr old? we never did it even when we had money. Gudjonsen and Sneider (sp?) are more probable, imo. nft.

Unread 25-03-2007, 02:07 PM
borsuk

Default wonderful player

the scholes comparison is very apt, particularly with regard to tackling...

actually, i think scholes' defensive role is not really appreciated a lot of the time. obviously he can't time a tackle to save his life, but tackling is only a small part of defensive play. scholes' positioning and awareness is very important to us defensively and i don't think deco has the same ability. going forward i think they're very similar.

Unread 25-03-2007, 02:15 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the scholes comparison is very apt, particularly with regard to tackling...

actually, i think scholes' defensive role is not really appreciated a lot of the time. obviously he can't time a tackle to save his life, but tackling is only a small part of defensive play. scholes' positioning and awareness is very important to us defensively and i don't think deco has the same ability. going forward i think they're very similar.
the one thing that surprised me is how often deco nicks the ball
Closed Thread