Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
You what?

I said

Quote:
Gudjohnsons coming for 8m, nice one

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:17 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Gudjonson would be great business, very intelligent striker, makes great runs, finds space and the timing of his runs is really good too.

you get him and hargreaves and you have a complete squad that will be able to compete for years ahead as long as a new manager doesnt come along and £#%&! it all up.

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:18 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Gudjonson would be great business, very intelligent striker, makes great runs, finds space and the timing of his runs is really good too.

you get him and hargreaves and you have a complete squad that will be able to compete for years ahead as long as a new manager doesnt come along and £#%&! it all up.
Amen

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:19 AM
waynes ear's

£8 mill and 5 years too late

fergie/@#%&!oz/edwards/glazer out

NF £#%&!ing T

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:19 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
I said
Yes but where is this info from or did you just make it up?

He'll be 29 at the start of next season. 8 million for a 29 year old striker? I don't think so.

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:21 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
he's 27
No, he's 28 and will be 29 in September.

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:22 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Yes but where is this info from or did you just make it up?

He'll be 29 at the start of next season. 8 million for a 29 year old striker? I don't think so.

why not? he'll be 28 wont he?

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:23 AM
wonky no

ok, i'll agree with you about his age, to be honest though it means nothing. He is class and has been class at every club since moving fron his home land. Well worth 8m

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:26 AM
TreeFiddy

I'm skeptical about paying for older players but I think he'd do well for us. Is this just because you want us to sign him and therefore totally made up or is there some truth in it?

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:27 AM
wonky no

Quote:
I'm skeptical about paying for older players but I think he'd do well for us. Is this just because you want us to sign him and therefore totally made up or is there some truth in it?

It's been in the papers

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:28 AM
Grimson

You don't always want to measure strikers in terms of goals scored, but he hasn't been a double-digit league scorer since 2000/01. He does do other things well, and there's no doubting his overall quality, but I'd prefer someone who gets more than his own share of goals as well.

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:29 AM
otbarney

Quote:
It's been in the papers
You read the papers all day and spend all night on here, don't you ever do any work, you lazy yonner @#%&!?

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:31 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
You read the papers all day and spend all night on here, don't you ever do any work, you lazy yonner @#%&!?

Not if i can help it, sweet cheeks.

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:34 AM
otbarney

Quote:
Not if i can help it, sweet cheeks.

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:35 AM
TreeFiddy

Are we lowering our standards? I think we are.

We're just desperate to see players better than Fletcher, O'Shea, Silvestre, Richardson and to a lesser extent Smith and Park that we are getting excited at the prospect of players that aren't THAT good. We're Mancheser United. We should aim for the top echelon of players...like when we signed Veron. (OK ignore that Veron bit but you see what I mean)

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:35 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
You don't always want to measure strikers in terms of goals scored, but he hasn't been a double-digit league scorer since 2000/01. He does do other things well, and there's no doubting his overall quality, but I'd prefer someone who gets more than his own share of goals as well.

To be fair though Grimson, I think Chelsea was a bad move for him, especially when the Ruskie took over but having said that, last season (or the season before) he looked the dogs in midfield too.

You're not finished at 29 these days ffs

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:38 AM
Serenity Now

He's technically sound and reasonably intelligent, but he's just so £#%&!ing slow. Not exactly a natural goalscorer either.

Can't say I'm convinced by him.

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:42 AM
ScarFace

Didnt he leave last season for 8mil?...he'd cost 5max.
Closed Thread