United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-04-2011, 11:57 PM
utd99

Default I reckon Wenger jacks it in at the end of the season.

Have you seen him recently? He sits there wringing his hands for 90 minutes, has a bust up with opposition managers and refs at every final whistle, and he's looking more and more like nosferatu every match.

He has clearly lost the plot and now he's losing the support too. Let's face it, this will be 6 years without a trophy, and the trend at arsenal is not a good one. Fabregas is sorting himself yet another exit strategy and looks very disenchanted, Van Persie is injured half the year, Walcott has never matched his unrealistic expectations because he has a limited intelligence and Arshavin has completely gone to pot after a promising start. The defence is utter shit and they have no goalie. Only Nasri and Wilshere hold any promise for the future.

More telling however is how the once unshakeable support he enjoyed has eroded. The AST has said they will wait until the end of the season to deliver their verdict, but let's face it we know what it will be. Basically it's not working.

The tone at the Emirates has changed, and I think many of them are tired of hearing from Wenger about the teams age and character when they can see what we see, that they have no £#%&!ing character, and at some point a 'project' has to reap rewards, when is that, 6 years, 10 years, 20? When the fans group start demanding answers and given that it is clearly affecting his health I think he will knock it on the head.

No particular info, just a feeling.

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:02 AM
HERTS_RED

Default Re: I reckon Wenger jacks it in at the end of the season.

He looked £#%&!ed tonight - this season was his best in years to win the league

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:05 AM
silv

They were never going to win tonight. They have no self belief at the moment and that is down to the manager!

Was watching it with my gooner brother and as soon as Huddlestone pulled one back, his face turned to thunder. 'We need more than 1' were his words and he knew that they would throw the 3 points away.

what was he doing taking nasri and walcott off? Maybe they were tiring but Nasri was a constant menace and walcott had scored and had one assist! To replace with the donkey and the gnome!

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Cream

Buy a striker?

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Coracao

Thought it summed him up when he said he'd be happy finishing 2nd for 20 years.

Imagine Ferie saying something like that

Even Ancelotti said that 2nd isn't good enough in Weds paper.

If he hadn't won a trophy for 6 years at any big club in europe, he'd have been £#%&!ed off. nqat

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:11 AM
elhombre

£#%&!ing hell, hang on, this league isn't won yet....

we've still got some games to play.

i admit, it's not looking good for arsenal, but there's some way to go yet, and you never know, they could end up winning the £#%&!ing league... it's doubtful, but stranger things have happened...

and if wenger did go, which i think he could/should... where the £#%&! would he go?

seriously? i just can't see him doing much...

good point you've made, though.

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:12 AM
red in cumbria

If SAF came out with half of the stuff "Le Professeur" has uttered recently, there would be banner "HE'S CRACKING UP" headlines in the redtops, wouldn't there??

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:13 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Thought it summed him up when he said he'd be happy finishing 2nd for 20 years.

Imagine Ferie saying something like that

Even Ancelotti said that 2nd isn't good enough in Weds paper.

If he hadn't won a trophy for 6 years at any big club in europe, he'd have been £#%&!ed off. nqat
very good point. the moment you start thinking like that, it's time you left....

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Baron

There was Gooner on Gooner violence at the Emirates recently after a shit result, that doesnt happen without fundamental splits... Could happen.

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:17 AM
JakeB

He's become so obsessed with doing things on his terms and in his way that it's detrimental to his club, and he's lost sight of the bigger picture. Ridiculous really

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:20 AM
elhombre

p.s. what's arsenal's financial predicament?

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:20 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
If SAF came out with half of the stuff "Le Professeur" has uttered recently, there would be banner "HE'S CRACKING UP" headlines in the redtops, wouldn't there??
If Fergie berated 4th Officials & arrogantly dismissed the opposition manager as often as Wenger does he'd be on disrepute charges faster than you can say Media witchhunt.
It's pathetic how he reacts at Full time.
For all Fergie's faults, at least he always maintains a level of respect with the other managers - even in defeat (Wenger & Benitez aside obviously)

Wenger gets a way with so much it's ridiculous.
It simply proves the theory that the FA only charge people if the media demand it.
Wenger's untouchable in the Newspapers & thus the FA have no interest in punishing his peevish, unpleasant behaviour.

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Coracao

TBH, I hope Wenger stays. He always provides a good laugh around this time of year and nobody quite wears a sleeping bag like he does

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
There was Gooner on Gooner violence at the Emirates recently after a shit result, that doesnt happen without fundamental splits... Could happen.
Throwing their Latte's at each other were they?

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:28 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
£#%&!ing hell, hang on, this league isn't won yet....

we've still got some games to play.

i admit, it's not looking good for arsenal, but there's some way to go yet, and you never know, they could end up winning the £#%&!ing league... it's doubtful, but stranger things have happened...

and if wenger did go, which i think he could/should... where the £#%&! would he go?

seriously? i just can't see him doing much...

good point you've made, though.
If we are going to lose it, it will be to Chelsea, not Arsenal.

Initially, he will go nowhere. I think if it happens it'll go something like this: 'Club's in a good position financially, has youth and potential, 15 years in charge, lot's of silverware, gone as far as I can go, club most important, maybe it's time for someone younger, need rest mentally, great support but becoming disenchanted, time to go, blah,blah,blah...'

If he truly is 'the professor', then he will look at this season, evaluate his assets and extrapolate. Ultimately he must conclude that if he couldn't wint the league when the winning total will surely be in the low 80 points, then when can he? And if it's bad now, what will it be like after 7 years, and 8?

As I said, just speculation, but he is clearly suffering quite badly right now.

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:32 AM
Mr_Ed

I think deep down the way Fergie had a youth policy and team that went on to dominate for the best part of 10 years before he attempted it has always been his goal - despite getting the players from abroad.

Bringing a bunch of local lads through the ranks to go on and win the European cup is the stuff dreams are made of really.

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:34 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Throwing their Latte's at each other were they?
bit harsh, when half if not more of our support on matchday are chartered accounts and fynanshal types from cheshire and the south of england who are currently residing in castlefield and "new islington"....

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Neo

Said it a few weeks ago that I fancy them to finish third behind Chelsea. Its looking likely now. I just hope Chelsea finish second and not first.

One things for sure, Wenger has not got the universal backing of the Arsenal support that he used to have. Many Gooners are starting to question whether he's actually benefiting the club at all nowadays.

It will be interesting to see how much Kroenke is willing to spend in the summer, and what happens with Fabregas.

Unread 21-04-2011, 12:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
One things for sure, Wenger has not got the universal backing of the Arsenal support that he used to have. Many Gooners are starting to question whether he's actually benefiting the club at all nowadays.
Surely that depends on the club's true financial situation. If Wenger's minimal spending is a reflection of the club's finances, then he's done extremely well to keep them at the level they have been. If money has been tight since the switch to the Emirates, then for them to have consistently qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League and finish in the top four will have been crucial in them keeping their heads above water. You'd do very well to build a trophy-winning side on their apparent budget.

Unread 21-04-2011, 01:09 AM
utd99

He has that haunted look. We've seen it before in Dalglish, Keegan, Taylor to name a few. Usually ends the same way.
Closed Thread