United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-12-2009, 01:03 AM
wiganste

Default How many teams would be where we are today

after all the injuries we have suffered this season?

Forget yesterday's game, that was always going to happen sooner or later. You cannot play a back 4 like we have, week in , week out without unsettling the whole balance of the team.

We deserve a lot of credit for being just 4 points off the top going into Christmas. Obviously, we'll get no credit whatsoever and everyone will bang on about other teams injustices (like Chelsea missing players for the African Nations Cup ) or the skaus missing Aquilani.

We derserve a pat on the back imo and I am now finishing with the turbo posting.

Unread 21-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Sparky***

Default Re: How many teams would be where we are today

we're treading water at the moment, big time.

how welcome would a winter break be right now, eh? or an international fortnight.

Unread 21-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Spiffy

We are where we are because Chelsea have hit a bad spell. They should have pulled away really. We shouldn't be getting beat 3-0 by Fulham irrespective of how many injuries we have. In days gone by we'd have stuck a kid in and got away with it. Now we're being caught out.

Unread 21-12-2009, 01:10 AM
£#%&! KFC

it's been amazing to stay iin the hunt with the injuries but we have now lost five games and we will lose m ore before the end of the season you can't win titles with that amount of defeats

Unread 21-12-2009, 01:25 AM
wonky no

the difference is we have players who step to the plate. evra has been outstanding, carrick until yesterday was great (why did he turn away from that @#%&!s shot?) fletcher, excellent, nutz, excellent. gibbo has been great making the step up and carrying anderson.

we have £#%&!ing %@#$&!s us, thats the main difference between us, the rats, arse and chelsea.

i think thats why i wasn't overly devastated with the result.

Unread 21-12-2009, 01:29 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
it's been amazing to stay iin the hunt with the injuries but we have now lost five games and we will lose m ore before the end of the season you can't win titles with that amount of defeats
Chelsea have lost 3 and haven't been to as many tough away games we have.

Seriously the amount of good press Chelsea are getting this season is unreal, if it were United with a fully fit squad and having those games we'd won the league by now.

I expect Chelsea to drop points Boxing Day aswell, if they do and we beat Hull were only 2 points behind them and they've got to go to OT, Spurs, Liverpool etc where they generally struggle.

Also they've got big players going away in January, while we can surely only get some back. People say that they've easy games then but over the past couple of seasons they are the teams they drop points against.

It's very much ours to lose, and considering the sheer amount of injury's we've had all season it's amazing to think it's ours to lose.

Unread 21-12-2009, 01:29 AM
History

Chelsea losing Anelka and Essien forces them to drop points. We lose half a small country, and still manage to win away in europe and pick up points at home.

We may not have the strongest starting 11, but i still dont think there's a squad that can match us.

Unread 21-12-2009, 01:34 AM
celtbion

Squad's very strong, first XI, less so.

Unread 21-12-2009, 09:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Are you bipolar ste?

Unread 21-12-2009, 09:33 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Are you bipolar ste?

I think he is just ficked off. One positive we take from this is that when we got beat by Fulham last season we went on an unbeaten run to the end of the season in the league

Unread 21-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Kwik

Goes to show what a poor turgid league we've got so far this season despite what monkeys like Richard £#%&!ing Keys and Andy Gray would argue to the contrary.

Unread 21-12-2009, 09:47 AM
MUFC One Love

I don't think the injuries are just the issue though, we were £#%&!ing shit on Saturday, didn't even look like scoring tbh.

Very worrying.

Unread 21-12-2009, 09:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I don't think the injuries are just the issue though, we were £#%&!ing shit on Saturday, didn't even look like scoring tbh.

Very worrying.
The injries in defence though have a knock on effect in midfield and seemingly on Fergie's selections up front. We need to sign a coupla defenders, even if just on loan, in January or this season'll fall apart.

Unread 21-12-2009, 09:52 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
The injries in defence though have a knock on effect in midfield and seemingly on Fergie's selections up front. We need to sign a coupla defenders, even if just on loan, in January or this season'll fall apart.
I agree it plays a part, but I still think we're lacking something, that's been clear since the start of the season tbf.

Unread 21-12-2009, 09:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I agree it plays a part, but I still think we're lacking something, that's been clear since the start of the season tbf.
I think we were looking good actually, really starting to settle intop life without Ronnie and then a whole raft of injuriues completely derailed us. You can always improve the squad and i wouldn't be averse to us signing players in any posiotion but i kind of agree with Fergie that there's not a bgreat deal of available proven quality out there that isn't ridiculously over-priced.

Unread 21-12-2009, 11:48 AM
The Stella Fella

BUT why have 2 midfielders and a 20 year old at the back and then play Evra on the left of a midfield 5??

Defence should have had Evra at left back!

If he was concerned with cover for Defence he should have looked at 4-5-1 - AND even contemplated playing Rooney at Centre-Half with Carrick - he can play anywhere that lad i tell ye!

Unread 21-12-2009, 11:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
BUT why have 2 midfielders and a 20 year old at the back and then play Evra on the left of a midfield 5??

Defence should have had Evra at left back!

If he was concerned with cover for Defence he should have looked at 4-5-1 - AND even contemplated playing Rooney at Centre-Half with Carrick - he can play anywhere that lad i tell ye!
I would say that Fergie's selections haven't exactly helped in the current circumstances.

Unread 21-12-2009, 11:50 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Are you bipolar ste?

Because I don't post as often (damn that IT department at work) I felt I needed to get a few things off my chest.

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:23 PM
mr.sitter

Quote:
I think we were looking good actually, really starting to settle into life without Ronnie and then a whole raft of injuriues completely derailed us. You can always improve the squad and i wouldn't be averse to us signing players in any position but i kind of agree with Fergie that there's not a great deal of available proven quality out there that isn't ridiculously over-priced.
common sense....i completely agree with you on this one

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:30 PM
thatsfuctit

Not sure how reputable we think the physio room is

but

Manchester United 12
F Macheda Hamstring Injury 30th Dec 09
N Vidic Calf Muscle Strain 27th Dec 09
R Giggs Hamstring Injury 27th Dec 09
Rafael Ankle/Foot Injury 27th Dec 09
Nani Ankle/Foot Injury 2nd Jan 10
W Brown Hamstring Injury 30th Dec 09
G Neville Groin Strain 27th Dec 09
E Van Der Sar Knee Injury no return date
J O'Shea Thigh Muscle Strain 9th Jan 10
J Evans Calf Muscle Strain 9th Jan 10
R Ferdinand Calf Muscle Strain no return date
O Hargreaves Jumpers Knee 31st Jan 10

but hopefully we may have a defence of sorts for Hull & Wigan, I know the FA Cup isn't top of the priority list, but i hope we don't put out and half arsed team v lids
Closed Thread