United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 28-04-2024, 04:21 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
I take this back. This whole thing where certain parties pretend antony and ten hag are great is so £#%&!ing tiring though.
Was never not tiring. Pointless wum. Worse than Larry and his pre-season friendly wum that no-one is biting on.

I assume ETH is not a bad manager but he can't handle this job. Back to the provincial at a club like Ajax would be good for him.

As for those who are sick of the managerial musical chairs - I agree but we don't have any choice except to keep trying until something works. The alternative is to watch this genuine garbage every week.

Unread 28-04-2024, 04:25 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
Even if he wins the cup final.

But he isn't getting sacked before that, so wishing otherwise is pointless.
Shame we couldn't get Tuchel in place for cup final but obviously Bayern fans are trying to persuade him to stay so that's definitely not happening

Unread 28-04-2024, 09:45 AM
tatty

Until we stop bringing in last payday superstar signings then I don’t see much changing.

The top players don’t want to be at United and aren’t motivated other than for the cash.

Go for a slightly upscaled model of a well run small club and bring in players who might be second tier but are motivated, have the right attitude and are intelligent enough to follow the managers plan.

The longer we cling on to the past the longer it will take to fix.

Unread 28-04-2024, 09:58 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Was never not tiring. Pointless wum. Worse than Larry and his pre-season friendly wum that no-one is biting on.

I assume ETH is not a bad manager but he can't handle this job. Back to the provincial at a club like Ajax would be good for him.

As for those who are sick of the managerial musical chairs - I agree but we don't have any choice except to keep trying until something works. The alternative is to watch this genuine garbage every week.
The sad thing is this one looked like working at one point - no, I'm not trying to claim a league cup as if it's like winning the league, but it was a great start for him, that and reaching the FA Cup Final, and of course qualifying for the champions league. I honestly thought we were back up and running, without getting carried away.

It's baffling how utterly shit it's all turned out.

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:03 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
The sad thing is this one looked like working at one point - no, I'm not trying to claim a league cup as if it's like winning the league, but it was a great start for him, that and reaching the FA Cup Final, and of course qualifying for the champions league. I honestly thought we were back up and running, without getting carried away.

It's baffling how utterly shit it's all turned out.
I keep saying it, but I don't think you can underestimate the impact of all the injuries, and all the Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford %@#$&!s.

If people think that Gareth Southgate or the Poundland Pep at Brighton would do better then I don't know what to say.

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:10 AM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
To call these people wum’s is doing a bit of a disservice to real wind ups like Welly/poppy used to do; just a bit of harmless fun where the person being wound up isn’t really sure whether they’re being taken the piss out of.

No, what these posters are are trolls, feeding off the misery of other reds. The type of people who hang out in the comment sections of the Mail and Sun. Angst vampires. There’s no creativity to it, it’s just boring, obvious and a bit dark to do to fellow reds tbh. Sort of thing you’d expect from a 15 year old imbecile.

But hey ho…that’s the internet for ya.

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:13 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
To call these people wum’s is doing a bit of a disservice to real wind ups like Welly/poppy used to do; just a bit of harmless fun where the person being wound up isn’t really sure whether they’re being taken the piss out of.

No, what these posters are are trolls, feeding off the misery of other reds. The type of people who hang out in the comment sections of the Mail and Sun. Angst vampires. There’s no creativity to it, it’s just boring, obvious and a bit dark to do to fellow reds tbh. Sort of thing you’d expect from a 15 year old imbecile.

or we just understand where we are in the context of the season and are still backing 10h

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:13 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:16 AM
BigRonManager

I knew that would get them back out from under their rock.

All we need is the big cockroach to show his face now. I was getting a bit worried they had shit themselves getting called out by the big man.

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:18 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
I keep saying it, but I don't think you can underestimate the impact of all the injuries, and all the Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford %@#$&!s.

If people think that Gareth Southgate or the Poundland Pep at Brighton would do better then I don't know what to say.
I don’t think anyone thinks that

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:20 AM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Yeah, you keep saying this. Not really getting much traction is it? You’re better off just keep taking BB’s lead than creating your own shit mate. You’re not that good at it.

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:21 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Yeah, you keep saying this. Not really getting much traction is it? You’re better off just keep taking BB’s lead than creating your own shit mate. You’re not that good at it.
Just pointing out the inconsistencies mate. Don’t mind me.

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:25 AM
tatty

Are there any posters who DON’T think he should be sacked?

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:27 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346126

just the 53%

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:30 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
I’d be interested in whether the 53% were thinking that ETH can turn the football around or whether it’s a support any manager out of loyalty thing.

We saw the same with Ole; romanticism, loyalty, he gets us etc etc.

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:33 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
I genuinely don’t think he should be sacked for two reasons;

1) The names being thrown around as his potential successor do absolutely nothing to make me think ‘Yeah, this guy would do a good job here!” In fact they just make me think we’ll be here in a year or two having the exact same arguments and discussions on here.

2) We’ve gone through this cycle multiple times since Ferguson left and it’s got us nowhere. I thought LVG deserved more time, and to be honest, despite disliking Mourinho, he deserved to see things through for another season. Everything he called out about certain players, and the structure at the club, is exactly the same as what we say on here. Ole? I’m not convinced he had what it took, as he veered too much into yes man territory (imo).

In no way am I actually saying this season has been a success or that I’ve enjoyed the football. I haven’t, but people just ignore the above two points and carry on with this idea that everyone who disagrees with them is a wum.

I won’t bother discussing this further, as I’m expecting the usual replies and it’s pointless engaging with them.

Thanks.

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:39 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
I genuinely don’t think he should be sacked for two reasons;

1) The names being thrown around as his potential successor do absolutely nothing to make me think ‘Yeah, this guy would do a good job here!” In fact they just make me think we’ll be here in a year or two having the exact same arguments and discussions on here.

2) We’ve gone through this cycle multiple times since Ferguson left and it’s got us nowhere. I thought LVG deserved more time, and to be honest, despite disliking Mourinho, he deserved to see things through for another season. Everything he called out about certain players, and the structure at the club, is exactly the same as what we say on here. Ole? I’m not convinced he had what it took, as he veered too much into yes man territory (imo).

In no way am I actually saying this season has been a success or that I’ve enjoyed the football. I haven’t, but people just ignore the above two points and carry on with this idea that everyone who disagrees with them is a wum.

I won’t bother discussing this further, as I’m expecting the usual replies and it’s pointless engaging with them.

Thanks.
Stay strong brother, theres more of us out there....

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:48 AM
BigRonManager

“Come brothers..”

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:49 AM
marlo

on one hand the club should have standards and the new football structure will help us putting that in place

but on the other hand a manager who is doing literally nothing right and showing no signs of improvement should be kept on because changing manager hasn’t worked in the past.

But yeah we need standards and need players of a certain standard.

To be fair i think the job is Erik’s for life because other managers didn’t work so you know…whatever!”

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:56 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
or we just understand where we are in the context of the season and are still backing 10h
No that's simply not possible. You must want eth sacked or you're a wum. Can't have nuance or polarising opinions while big ron is around!