United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Fountz

Cool Should be a tense three months..

..with it being City we're up against. Be very nice if it had a 95-96 feel about it.. we went into the match at the Etihad 2 points behind, we survive an onslaught, and Scholes nicks one at the other end 0-1, Thank You very much..

Bit like this..

EDIT: or, better quality version..

Unread 28-02-2012, 05:27 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

my vid is of slightly less shit quality

Unread 28-02-2012, 06:24 PM
red in cumbria

Newcastle were arguably the "better" team that season, too - to continue a discussion this place was having yesterday......

Unread 28-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Newcastle were arguably the "better" team that season, too - to continue a discussion this place was having yesterday......
In what universe?

They were an excellent team and good to watch but United won the Double ffs.

Unread 28-02-2012, 06:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
In what universe?

They were an excellent team and good to watch but United won the Double ffs.
Yes, I know

But weren't you following yesterday's discussions?? According to some, it will be "hollow" even if we do win the league this season - because city have played so much better than us

Unread 28-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Yes, I know

But weren't you following yesterday's discussions?? According to some, it will be "hollow" even if we do win the league this season - because city have played so much better than us
That wasn't aimed at you btw.

Yes, I did see that but skim read most of it assuming I was being wummed.

Unread 28-02-2012, 06:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yes, I know

Nobody said that. It will be delicious if we win it, nothing else.

Unread 28-02-2012, 06:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nobody said that. It will be delicious if we win it, nothing else.
Feeling better today, mate?

Unread 28-02-2012, 06:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Feeling better today, mate?
Not especially. To compound my misery I'm now having to somehow concoct a website

Unread 28-02-2012, 07:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Not especially. To compound my misery I'm now having to somehow concoct a website
Work related?? Can understand how that is less than thrilling, tbh......

Unread 28-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
my vid is of slightly less shit quality

United V Newcastle 96 - YouTube
Steve Bruce being murdered for pace by Les Ferdinand at the start of that clip.

Andy Cole was a huge part of that winning goal, steps away from the first man and then with Barton(I think) sliding in on him he pulls off a superb drag back and slips the ball out to Pip for the cross. Such an underrated player Andy Cole.

Unread 28-02-2012, 07:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Work related?? Can understand how that is less than thrilling, tbh......
Yeah, but not for my work, for the missus' company She had a £#%&!ing whinge at me for sitting around doing nothing whilst she has so much to do and said I was out of order for not offering to do work for her with 'all my free time' Now I'm having to develop and produce a website having never done it before.

Unread 28-02-2012, 07:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Steve Bruce being murdered for pace by Les Ferdinand at the start of that clip.

Andy Cole was a huge part of that winning goal, steps away from the first man and then with Barton(I think) sliding in on him he pulls off a superb drag back and slips the ball out to Pip for the cross. Such an underrated player Andy Cole.
He was genuinely struggling a bit at United that season, too. Some of the stuff in the press was absolutely brutal

Unread 28-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
He was genuinely struggling a bit at United that season, too. Some of the stuff in the press was absolutely brutal
True, Cantona and he never really gelled, and Cantona was not exactly supportive of him on the pitch, his body language always gave the impression that he did not really rate Cole. It was a pity though because I am sure we all had high hopes for that partnership when Eric returned from his suspension. The chances missed at West Ham may have overshadowed it to an extent but Cole actually did very well in that first half season at Utd, scored 13 in 18 I think, including some key goals in the run in, a great performance at Coventry stands out.

Can you imagine the stick he would take these days, no chance that the fans would give him 2 1/2 years .

Unread 28-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Glad to help.

Unread 28-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
He got slaughtered and yet played pretty well really and still scored a lot of goals.

Carroll and Torres cost fortunes, never score and can't even get in their starting line ups half the time but get relatively little press coverage in comparison.

Unread 28-02-2012, 10:38 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
He got slaughtered and yet played pretty well really and still scored a lot of goals.

Carroll and Torres cost fortunes, never score and can't even get in their starting line ups half the time but get relatively little press coverage in comparison.
Aye, but they don't play for Manchester United.

Unread 28-02-2012, 10:51 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Glad to help.

That'll work.

Unread 28-02-2012, 11:16 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Glad to help.

Excellent

Unread 28-02-2012, 11:20 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Glad to help.

Straight up, my great great thingymebob grandad played in goal for St Mirren.
Closed Thread