United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-01-2013, 11:22 AM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
One of my pet peeves about this game is the way people think the micro is the macro, as in "We outplayed them/played them even etc in one game, therefore we're as good as they are." As if any one game can tell the full story of a team's strengths and weaknesses, or is a complete demonstration of their abilities.

If only there was something that DID do that, some kind of 'table' that could 'graph' or chart cumulative league performances....
Exactly. Anyone would think they had never even heard of the par league.

Unread 14-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
His next line after that was something along the lines of the only difference being the squad depth, and he will redress that balance over the next few transfer windows and they will soon be up there challenging
So they are that far behind but they wont be once he's spent?

They are already the third highest spenders in Premier League history, behind Chelsea and City. What makes him think he can do better than every other @#%&! they've had over the past 20 years?

Unread 14-01-2013, 02:23 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
One of my pet peeves about this game is the way people think the micro is the macro, as in "We outplayed them/played them even etc in one game, therefore we're as good as they are." As if any one game can tell the full story of a team's strengths and weaknesses, or is a complete demonstration of their abilities.

If only there was something that DID do that, some kind of 'table' that could 'graph' or chart cumulative league performances....
that tickled me

Unread 14-01-2013, 02:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
So they are that far behind but they wont be once he's spent?

They are already the third highest spenders in Premier League history, behind Chelsea and City. What makes him think he can do better than every other @#%&! they've had over the past 20 years?
Bearing in mind that Joe Allen at £15m, Fabio Borini at £10m and Oussama Assadi at £3m were three of his signings attempting to close that gap I'm not entirely convinced that his transfer nous is going to be good enough to close the gap if I'm perfectly honest

Unread 14-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Grimson

Quote:

Somebody bad repped me for this post. He also bad repped me for another post laughing at Liverpool. hmmm....

Unread 14-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Somebody bad repped me for this post. He also bad repped me for another post laughing at Liverpool. hmmm....
I thought the writing in the middle part left something to be desired if I'm honest, but bad rep worthy? Really?

Unread 14-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

look, i'll do it again if i have to.

Unread 14-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
look, i'll do it again if i have to.

Unread 14-01-2013, 10:09 PM
red in cumbria

Name and shame, Grimmers

Unread 15-01-2013, 01:57 PM
KenwrightsWallet

“We should have beaten Man City earlier on, we should have beaten Everton – but we haven’t.

“It’s not something mental, but it’s something we need to do if we’re going to progress.

“I feel that we’re a match for any of the teams in this league. But what allows you to close the gap in terms of the points is obviously having the squad that allows you to compete.

“We were unlucky not to win the game earlier in the season (v Man United) at Anfield, and then obviously on Sunday you could argue we deserved something from the game.

“So it’s just having that squad which allows you to change the game in other matches.

“Manchester United were 2-0 down against Aston Villa, made changes and went on and won the game 3-2 in the end.

“Unfortunately we haven't been able to do that.

Unread 15-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
on Sunday you could argue we deserved something from the game.

Unread 15-01-2013, 02:37 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
“We should have beaten Man City earlier on, we should have beaten Everton – but we haven’t.

“It’s not something mental, but it’s something we need to do if we’re going to progress.

“I feel that we’re a match for any of the teams in this league. But what allows you to close the gap in terms of the points is obviously having the squad that allows you to compete.

“We were unlucky not to win the game earlier in the season (v Man United) at Anfield, and then obviously on Sunday you could argue we deserved something from the game.

“So it’s just having that squad which allows you to change the game in other matches.

“Manchester United were 2-0 down against Aston Villa, made changes and went on and won the game 3-2 in the end.

:shakehead:
Did anyone at the Press Conference have the balls to remind him that their £35million striker is still currently on loan at West Ham??
Playing the pauper card after all the millions Benitez & Dalglish have wasted on utter dross. What a colossal #@&%!.

Hernandez (who changed the game at Villa Park) cost United £6million.
Hardly a grotesquely overpriced Squad player that the likes of Liverpool can't compete with.
Murdering @#%&!s.

Unread 15-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Sergeant Fox

I'd love to be able to talk myself out of trouble like big brendan. Yes I was drink driving, but you could argue all day that if I didn't drink, I wouldn't be drink driving would I?

Unread 15-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
:shakehead:
Did anyone at the Press Conference have the balls to remind him that their £35million striker is still currently on loan at West Ham??
Playing the pauper card after all the millions Benitez & Dalglish have wasted on utter dross. What a colossal #@&%!.

Hernandez (who changed the game at Villa Park) cost United £6million.
Hardly a grotesquely overpriced Squad player that the likes of Liverpool can't compete with.
Murdering @#%&!s.
Unbelievable isn't it. Trying to make out they've got no money and they all just sit there lapping it up. They've squandered £#%&!ing vast amounts ffs

Unread 15-01-2013, 03:46 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet

maybe because you're shit?

Unread 15-01-2013, 03:52 PM
The Return of JC

It's never your fauuuult....

Unread 15-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
maybe because you're shit?
They went 2-0 down to Villa, made changes, and then went 3-0 down to Villa.

Unread 15-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Mr Castro

"Maybe if Inzaghi wasn't playing in 2007 we'd be 6 times European Champions"

"Maybe if Drogba hadn't scored in last year's FA Cup Final we'd have won that"

"Maybe if United hadn't got more points than us we'd have won the league in 2009"

Are what I imagine he would have gone on to say had he chose to continue along the same thread.

Already grown into the Liverpool delusion after 6 months in charge, some achievement. They must really love him.

Unread 15-01-2013, 03:56 PM
andyroo

Six months in the job and he's already in "if my auntie had balls" territory.

The graveyard of ambition.

Unread 15-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
They went 2-0 down to Villa, made changes, and then went 3-0 down to Villa.
Closed Thread